My "I Want An AR Thread"

Guest Mugster

I'm running this on my 7.62x39 upper mounted on a riser block:

http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflescopes_banner_71-1432.cfm

I believe it to be higher quality and probably tougher than most of the tacticool glass. One (possible) drawback is parallax is set at 75 yards. It doesn't make much difference to 350 at least, I haven't shot it further than that. Before this, I had it on a mini-14 and then on a 16" 5.56 upper. So it can take the punishment. Also there's no mildot ranging setup on it, which could be a plus or minus depending.

On 1x, target acquisition is pretty quick and while it will go a bit of double image on you, it works ok shooting both eyes open. I can hit a steel plate offhand with it at 300 yards about 1/3 of the time until i get so wobbly i can't hold up the rifle.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

May have been confused about free floating rails and barrels? :up:

Who the hell knows. Nothing surprises me anymore when I hear people talk about guns, cars, or any other number of things. I usually just smile and nod, and then walk away. :death:

May have been confused about free floating rails and barrels?

Who the hell knows. Nothing surprises me anymore when I hear people talk about guns, cars, or any other number of things. I usually just smile and nod, and then walk away. :death:

But those people can really confuse the hell out of guys like me. Being new to AR's, it can be rather difficult to seperate fact from fiction.:up:

OK, here I am with some of my AR parts.

What holds the buffer and buffer spring in the buffer tube?

When you get your lower parts kit you will get a little spring with a metal cap that goes in that wee little hole in front of the threads on your lower. You screw the buffer tube in until it covers just a portion of the buffer retainer and it stays in place then and holds the buffer in the tube. You just push it down into the lower rec and the buffer and spring will pop right out to clean.

I took a few days to go to Wayne Co TDR, glad to see you are well on your way! When your LPK comes in just follow along with that tutorial on AR15.com to put it all together.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=287

Go here and look at parts 108 and 109 and the buffer dilemma may become clearer.

Thank you, Tungy! That's part of the LPK, correct?

If you got or are getting the RRA LPK then yes. I haven't ever bought any others.

And order the "oh shoot" kit as well. You will loose or break some pin, detent or other small part as you build these things.

I'm bored. Here's what I have so far.

- Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard

- ERGO 'SUREGRIP' Pistol Grip

0000280oj9.jpg

Lookin' good! You're going to love that pistol grip. My only complaint is the butt cap has a tendency to wiggle itself free during a range session. Not really a big deal to me since I keep spare batteries up in the vertical foregrip.

Lookin' good! You're going to love that pistol grip. My only complaint is the butt cap has a tendency to wiggle itself free during a range session. Not really a big deal to me since I keep spare batteries up in the vertical foregrip.

I noticed that. I thought about using some kind of glue, but the screw that hold the grip to the lower must go through the bottom of the grip, correct?

I noticed that. I thought about using some kind of glue, but the screw that hold the grip to the lower must go through the bottom of the grip, correct?

Correct...If mine keeps falling out, I may just rip it off since I really don't use that compartment.

Correct...If mine keeps falling out, I may just rip it off since I really don't use that compartment.

Yea, I'm gonna have to think of something. Are the Houge grips the same way? I really like the way ERGO grips curve up the back of the lower, but I could deal with a Hogue if I have to.