Stallone/Bullet to the Head Bombs

hipower

Just saw that Stalone's new movie is being panned and is a low draw at this weekends' movie opening. Supposedly only brought in 4.5 Mil in ticket sales, making it pretty bad in the $ return.

Wonder if his Gun stance comments/ 2nd Ammendent vs his "violent movie stlye" hypocrisy is causing some of us to shy away from the old action "hero"?

• Like 3

I don't think I've been to an actual commercial theater more than once in the last four years.(Hobbit premier/free tickets) The wife and I are either at the drive-in or in our home theater which I built mainly b/c I love movies but hate commercial theaters.

Guest RevScottie

Stallone is too old to play this kind of part and America knows it. The only reason his Expendibles franchise has done well is because it is seen as a tounge in cheek look at action heroes.

I think with the current hype surrounding the awful Sandy Hook massacre, folks aren't exactly going to be excited about a movie with such a graphic title.

It may be this  :rolleyes: more so than Stallone's anti-rights position, and the title was a poor choice.

I'm glad it bombed, maybe he'll take a hint. I think Arnold has a new movie coming up also, wonder how it will compare?

It may be this  :rolleyes: more so than Stallone's anti-rights position, and the title was a poor choice.

I'm glad it bombed, maybe he'll take a hint. I think Arnold has a new movie coming up also, wonder how it will compare?

Fortunately, I will not be able to tell you. They can both bite it.

I love the movies! I grew up in a small southern town with one movie theater. I grew up in the 60s and spent many a Saturday afternoon watching movies. I will always go the the movies. I don't care if popcorn and sodas cost $15. 

Stallone wrote one of the greatest movies ever made "Rocky" but he has lost his edge. He's taking steriods and he's old and scary looking. I think the steriods have effected his brain. I will not buy a ticket to see Stallone now that he's come out against the US Constitution and it's ammendments.