Former LAPD officer subject of manhunt.

How do 2 fish and game guys and 2 cops get outdone by 1 guy? This isnt a action movie.

He has committed him self to death! He is not afraid to die, his shots will be more true! 

So?

Exactly.

So what if they burned the cabin. This guy was an active shooter; bought and paid for. He could have surrendered at any time, he choose not to. HE wanted to die and they made that happen. I don’t care if they intentionally set the cabin on fire or dropped Napalm on it. If an active shooter is using something for cover and you can set it on fire; why would you not do that?

There may have been hostages.

He was running from Police when he entered the cabin and had no one with him. The Police were in contact with the owners of the cabin and they told them there should be no one inside. They also have the ability to see the heat source of a person from the outside.

• Like 1

I think most people would shoot their self before burning alive. Im sure he did. Will they tell us if they find a hole in his head? Or will they take the credit?

I don't care if they cut open his body and pissed in his smoldering innards. 

aye, fire is a very effective tool when used properly, if they set it, then hats off to someone for having the good sense to do what it takes.   I would say its highly likely he killed himself as the fire became too much.

Those 2 women he had tied up....  really SHOULD get the 1 million reward.

But why destroy someone elses property just because a fugitive is held up inside it? Really now who pays for there property and belongings? They had the man trapped and with no where to go. Wait him out, he will run out of ammo food and water at some point. They could had gased him anything but destroy another familes home. What if it were your home he was held up in? I bet any of you then would say hell no you aint burning my home to the ground.

Edited by jphillips63
  • Like 1

But why destroy someone esles properety justbecause a fugitive is held up inside it? Really now who pays for there property and belongings? They had the man trapped and with no where to go. Wait him out, he will run out of ammo food and water at some point. They could had gased him anything but destroy another familes home. What if it were your home he was held up in? I bet any of you then would say hell no you aint burning my home to the ground.

Its a choice to make, do you risk the lives of your men, with 2 more hit already in the standoff, one dead, or do you light a fire and pay the owner for the damage?  A cabin can be rebuilt.   

I could live with it if they burned down my home and paid me for the damage.   I would not be thrilled about it, but I could live with it. 

Come to think of it, if he had holed up in my house, he would have had food and water for months on end, and enough ammo and firepower to take over a small city.   Ya gotta sleep eventually.  Keep him awake for 96 hours running and then let him drift away. 

Edited by Jonnin

Its a choice to make, do you risk the lives of your men, with 2 more hit already in the standoff, one dead, or do you light a fire and pay the owner for the damage?  A cabin can be rebuilt.   

I could live with it if they burned down my home and paid me for the damage.   I would not be thrilled about it, but I could live with it. 

Come to think of it, if he had holed up in my house, he would have had food and water for months on end, and enough ammo and firepower to take over a small city.   Ya gotta sleep eventually.  Keep him awake for 96 hours running and then let him drift away. 

This is the one point I said Gas the man.... I'm sure like myself you have items in your home that can never be replaced. Items such as photos, documents and files to name a few.... Guess my point was there are many ways to had taken this man without destorying personal property and getting any other people hurt or shot.

Agreed, there is always an alternative.  Yes, I have things I would hate to lose, but none of em is worth a life. 

It did not sound like a home, though, it sounded like a small weekend getaway cabin type thing.  

Odds are the fire was an accident anyway.   I would say I doubt the LAPD is into setting fires, but, I would also have said 2 weeks ago that the LAPD did not shoot randomly in the general direction of anyone that looked like a suspect.

• Like 1

The thing that bugs me the most is all the people calling him as a hero.

He was a psychopath with narsasistic traits. I read his manifesto. He wanted revenge for all the wrongs he felt people had done to him his whole life.

He did not take any personal responsibility.

I do not condem the police for burning down the cabin. I do not think he would have let himself be taken alive.

No more LEO's needed to be wounded or killed by this scumbag.

He got off too easy in my opinion.