Former LAPD officer subject of manhunt.

I am NOT OK with it.  A victim is a victim, and whether its a $2 crack ho that was knifed or a medal of honor winner turned LEO, the effort to capture (not kill, capture) the criminal should be the same.  Anything else is part of a broken system.

I understand the reason everyone deserves their day in court; it's less about the person and more to do with our system. But this man has killed two people and should be considered extremely dangerous. He has the opportunity to surrender. If he chooses not to do it then LE has to assume he is still armed and very dangerous. Any encounter with him where this suspect doesn't immediately surrender should be met with gun fire.

The media's SOP concerning this story -

Answer: Evade, deflect, ignore and whitewash.

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2013/02/08/malkin-blame-the-right-mob-falls-silent

Slaying suspect Dorner lauds Piers Morgan; CNN host blames ‘deranged criminality’

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/7/cop-killer-chris-dorner-lauds-piers-morgan-cnn-hos/

I understand the reason everyone deserves their day in court; it's less about the person and more to do with our system. But this man has killed two people and should be considered extremely dangerous. He has the opportunity to surrender. If he chooses not to do it then LE has to assume he is still armed and very dangerous. Any encounter with him where this suspect doesn't immediately surrender should be met with gun fire.

That is OK.  It was the "he killed one of ours and is therefore to be shot on sight" that is wrong.  The LAPD is openly, without remorse and without shame, on a shoot to kill mission and that I have trouble with.  There is a subtle difference between the two.

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 2
  • Moderators

His manifesto bothers me. It makes me wonder what is truly motivating the madness.

/Operation Northwoods.

/Fast & Furious

Simply saying that I see it as a possibility.

I mean he's a former LEO. He knows how to buy guns and how to buy suppressors. Yet he is painting a picture that virtually anyone can buy these things anonymously over the internet.

These do not need to be purchased as easily as walking to your local Walmart or striking the enter key on your keyboard to "add to cart"

Edited by CZ9MM

His manifesto bothers me. It makes me wonder what is truly motivating the madness.

/Operation Northwoods.

/Fast & Furious

Simply saying that I see it as a possibility.

I mean he's a former LEO. He knows how to buy guns and how to buy suppressors. Yet he is painting a picture that virtually anyone can buy these things anonymously over the internet.

Did you read his whole paper? There are things that are being excluded in the media coverage, with the exception of Fox. This guy

is a liberal madhatter, also, like so many of the previous deranged fools who get to honor themselves with a bullet. He likes Piers

and a list of media types. He hates Lapierre, and his own former PD. He likes Obama. He may have something in that paper that

could be revealing something else, but damned if I know. I think he also wants a bullet to the head after he kills a bunch more. This

nut job wants to go out with a lot of something mis-placed.

He claims to be an anti-gunner, yet does this? A bit on the hypocritical side, besides the part about being crazy. Another part of this

that I wish, but doubt we'll ever see, is whether we ever see the results of the problems he had with the LAPD.

I'm really sorry to hear of anyone getting killed from nuts like this, but this one has killed the anti gun debate if the NRA and certain

key politicians point this guy out every day until Feinstein's bill dies its agonizing death.]

Interesting article about the angle I am presenting.

http://michellemalkin.com/

• Moderators

Did you read his whole paper? There are things that are being excluded in the media coverage, with the exception of Fox. This guy
is a liberal madhatter, also, like so many of the previous deranged fools who get to honor themselves with a bullet. He likes Piers
and a list of media types. He hates Lapierre, and his own former PD. He likes Obama. He may have something in that paper that
could be revealing something else, but damned if I know. I think he also wants a bullet to the head after he kills a bunch more. This
nut job wants to go out with a lot of something mis-placed.

He claims to be an anti-gunner, yet does this? A bit on the hypocritical side, besides the part about being crazy. Another part of this
that I wish, but doubt we'll ever see, is whether we ever see the results of the problems he had with the LAPD.

I'm really sorry to hear of anyone getting killed from nuts like this, but this one has killed the anti gun debate if the NRA and certain
key politicians point this guy out every day until Feinstein's bill dies its agonizing death.]

Interesting article about the angle I am presenting.
http://michellemalkin.com/

If you can't trust the "Only Ones" who can you trust?

Amazing hypocrisy, isn't it? :D Beck even got in on it this morning and started naming off all the murderers since about the 60's.

Bobby Kennedy:Sirhan Sirhan, can't remember the others, but it was kind of telling about the people who usually tend to be the

ones do the killing. not so necessarily the ones one would consider as conservative, libertarian or similar, but they did appear to

fall into the liberal crazy catgory. I heard his show this morning, but I imagine he has something about it on the Blaze website.

If you take away the guns from liberals, I wonder if some of these incidents/atrocities would cease? I also wonder if someone has

done a study to this effect?

This entire ordeal, including the content of the media coverage, along with the timing seems odd to me for some reason. More of this type thing in the near future wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I've been thinking that for some time, but you know that just puts us in the tinfoil wearing category. :D

Actually, I think this kind of thing will increase, considering the way our kids are raised and educated to have less respect for life

and anything remotely associated with responsibility. I could go on for days until my fingers fell off about this.

One thing is for sure, this guy has been planning this for a while. He didn't write that manifesto in an hour, and he didn't just happen to know where to find that police officer's daughter. He's had time to think about it, which proves my point once again that no matter what laws you pass, you can't stop someone from doing something crazy. It can't be legislated. It has been around forever and will always be around. Crazy folks doing crazy stuff is here to stay. The only folks that can stop evil are the folks that encounter it.
  • Like 3

I may just be ignorant here, so LEOs feel free to correct me, but doesn't certain criteria have to be met in order to release a round in someone's direction? Seriously, one of the vehicles engaged had all the bulletholes in the rear, suggesting that the vehicle wasn't being used as a weapon, and the passenger was most likely not armed being that it wasn't the right person. I mean, they fired without even positively identifying the person. Is this amateur hour or what? Looks like a few more of LAPDs finest need to get a pink slip as well.

If I thought I was stopping this guy it would be a coordinated felony stop and I would be in control; not him. This guy has said he knows how they will attempt to take him and is prepared. I’m assuming he has made up his mind he is going to die, so I would be concerned his vehicle is rigged to explode. I have no idea why those cops would open fire, unless they thought they saw a threat, or why they would be approaching the vehicle.Guess we will have to wait to hear what they say; if we ever do hear.

Cops have the same requirements you have to use deadly force; they just have civil liability protections you don’t have.
If he really wanted to nail the LAPD he should have planted microphones in their cop cars for a few months. And secertly video recorded them when they went out on calls.

He wrote all that stuff they did, if only he could have proven it live on the internet.
  • Like 1

Either way, LAPD needs to be bankrupted by the two shooting victims....

Seems a iffy as to just whose police did both those shootings, reporting wise.

Both happened in Torrance, not LA proper. Torrance like all cities in LA County has its own police department.

One report says LAPD police shot up the two women during the stakeout, one report just says "police in Torrance" did it.

Several reports say the second vehicle was shot up by "Torrance police officers"

Splitting hairs, perhaps, but not sure just which department is responsible for each of these.

- OS

If he really wanted to nail the LAPD he should have planted microphones in their cop cars for a few months. And secertly video recorded them when they went out on calls.

He wrote all that stuff they did, if only he could have proven it live on the internet.

I think he was removed from his job at the time of some investigation and never returned to it so he didn't have a chance to do this. 

I'm entertaining the thought that he is just a lying piece of human trash, and a narcissistic sociopath who blames everyone else for his problems rather than accepting responsibility. Call me crazy, but anyone who murders two innocent people unprovoked has credibility issues.
  • Like 1

Seems a iffy as to just whose police did both those shootings, reporting wise.

Both happened in Torrance, not LA proper. Torrance like all cities in LA County has its own police department.

One report says LAPD police shot up the two women during the stakeout, one report just says "police in Torrance" did it.

Several reports say the second vehicle was shot up by "Torrance police officers"

Splitting hairs, perhaps, but not sure just which department is responsible for each of these.

- OS

Either way, the responsible parties need to be accountable. This is absolutely unacceptable.
  • Like 1

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/robert-farago/lapd-shooting-victims-there-was-no-warning-there-were-no-orders-no-commands-just-gunshots/#respond

"[font=Georgia, 'Bitstream Charter', serif]“‘There was no warning. There were no orders. No commands. Just gunshots.’"[/size][/font]

Sounds like things are getting a little unhinged in LA.

This pisses me off the more I read about it. The officers who fired on these women belong behind bars. Unfriggin believable.

This is just one skilled individual and he has really messed up their day.  What do you think will happen when the feds come to TN to take our guns?  They'll surely have a lot on their hands then. Can you imagine 10,000 Mosbys to deal with?

This is just one skilled individual and he has really messed up their day.  What do you think will happen when the feds come to TN to take our guns?  They'll surely have a lot on their hands then. Can you imagine 10,000 Mosbys to deal with?

History has shown time and time again that a lightly armed (rifles count) and determined population that refuses to submit is all but impossible to defeat. 

• Like 2