Man carrying AR-15 arrested at gun rights rally near Capitol

Some people just don't get it. He should have to spend 30 days in jail. Forced to share a jail cell with a liberal.

Well, he could get up to 11/29 and/or $2500 fine. Probably won't, unless he starts raving about his constitutional rights in court or something, but ...

- OS

"Apparently he didn't get the memo"

People like this( and i know we all are a little frustrated with the current regime) are going to be the ones who make all of us look like a bunch of crazies. Costly mistake, but there's always goingto be one who makes the mistake. At least it was just one guy, and not what they( media) would consider an "army".

Until we get the message out loud and clear for those attending these rallys to leave their rifles/shotguns at home, this will happen again. It's only going to add fuel to the fire the libtards are fanning.

People need to research the law better before they do crap like that. Long gun carry in TN is a no no.

Unloaded is okay. Still raise eyebrows and probably get you checked out and hassled, but is not unlawful carry. 

(unloaded would mean no ammo for it on your person at all, btw)

- OS

The news said he had two mags on his belt and one in the PDW. There goes his HCP ....

Well, you lose it for duration of sentence for any Class A 'meanor, assuming the information gets passed along and all.

But yeah, if the court or the cops also petition TNDOS on the "danger to public" thing, could be permanent.

- OS

Some people just don't get it. He should have to spend 30 days in jail. Forced to share a jail cell with a liberal.

If he has to share a jail cell, it probably will be with a liberal. ;) Edited by wipfel
News report said, " A peaceful gun protest at Legislative Plaza was disrupted Friday because someone showed up holding a type of weapon the protesters were trying to protect."

Disrupted? I don't think so. I was on the side where he first came down the steps and can say that 90% of the crowd didn't even see the guy or what happened. Whomever was speaking at the time didn't even miss a beat.

Unless someone saw any video on the news, it happened so fast, I don't think the camera guy even made it over there in time to get anything.
  • Like 1
Guest tommy62

And I thought it strange to see a guy with a kel tec sub 2000 in Sportsmans Warehouse today. It had all the furniture and looked awsome. Almost got a gun chub. He was there looking for a case for it. He helped me alot with reloading info. Told him to go to army/navy store and get a messenger bag. Nobody will call that a murse.

The news said he had two mags on his belt and one in the PDW. There goes his HCP ....

Didn't say whether they were loaded or not. I wonder about that. I think he should have brought it partially disassembled, maybe the bolt carrier

out of it and an empty magazine, to use as a symbol, and treat it as such for the rally.

mcurrier just posted a thread about an Army Veteran who got thrown out of a city council meeting. A group of 160 citizens went armed to the

next meeting and stood up for him. Got a restriction lifted. Oh, yeh, they went armed. Food for thought.

Didn't say whether they were loaded or not.

I take "the THP said it's unlawful to carry a loaded rifle in public places" as that at least one of them had carts in them, hell maybe in chamber too for all we know.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot