Dash Cam Video of I-40 Crash in Mt Juliet (2/18/2013)

D3vo

When incidents like this are filmed it's amazing that someone is not killed.

A minor injury, 3 vehicle crash occurred on Interstate 40 at the 224MM in Mt. Juliet in front of an MJPD Officer on patrol. Investigation revealed that a vehicle lost control after it struck a ladder in the roadway. There was only very minor injury reported due to crash.

http://youtu.be/0zgsr1tspDc Edited by D3vo

Why they should enforce the 3 second rule more often.. To be honest i am surprised that we dont see a lot more of this due to people tailgating.  Kudos for some good SA and driving on the LEO's part.

I agree. It's pretty much impossible NOT to tailgate these days because the second I leave a decent gap between the car in front of me some a$$hole decides to cut in between us. 

• Like 6

I agree. It's pretty much impossible NOT to tailgate these days because the second I leave a decent gap between the car in front of me some a$$hole decides to cut in between us.

Lol same thing happens to me, Ive tried to ride close to other cars like I see other people doing and it just doesnt feel safe at all. When people tailgate they are pretty much relying on others to not do something stupid. I stay back so I have control over any situation. If cars cut in my space I just slow down til I make space between them too.
  • Like 1

A few things that amaze me. 1) the trucks on the back of that semi stayed put. I'm amazed they didn't roll off. 2) The SUV that lost control didn't flip. 3) no one was seriously injured.

I completely missed the semi was an auto hauler. That is amazing.

Y'all don't chain things down in Florida? :lol:

Nope. Our favorite thing is watching the Hispanics drive down the road in their Toyota Tercel with a mattress on the top. The only thing holding the mattress down is their arms out the windows.