Gun Free Zone: "How Not to get Raped"

O.M.G.

Link below for University of Colorado's advice on what to do if getting raped. 

Apparently this came behind a gun-free zone push.

My favorites are below:

1. Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
2. Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead!  It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
3. Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
4. Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
5. If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
6. Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
7. Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
8. Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
10. Remember, every emergency situation is different.  Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/340960/university-colorados-advice-how-avoid-being-raped-charles-c-w-cooke

:stunned: :wall:  :confused:  :eek:  :dropjaw:

I "fixed" #1 for them...

O.M.G.
Link below for University of Colorado's advice on what to do if getting raped. 
Apparently this came behind a gun-free zone push.
My favorites are below:

1. Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself because we have severely limited your chances!
2. Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead!  It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
3. Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
4. Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
5. If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
6. Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
7. Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
8. Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
10. Remember, every emergency situation is different.  Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/340960/university-colorados-advice-how-avoid-being-raped-charles-c-w-cooke
:stunned: :wall:  :confused:  :eek:  :dropjaw:

How I read this:

"If you are confronted by someone with the intent to rape you, remember, you are a meek little girl.  There is no possibility of you defending yourself against ANY attacker.  Your best chance is to take off whatever footwear you have and scream while attempting to run away.  Since you are a girl though, you probably won't actually get away.  Remember to allow the rapist to have his way with you, but politely resist.  Crapping yourself, or otherwise humiliating yourself may gross him out to the point of stopping.  Biting the attacker may help save you, but keep in mind he may hurt you further if you try."

• Like 1

These have got to be made up by a crew of lamebrained, liberal, sissified men who have never had a chance with a woman, let alone know what one is.

Or...and pardon me for saying this; some harelipped, braindead, Pelosi-looking crone wishing some geeky guy had actually asked her to the prom.

Even for advice from a demented liberal, these are some of the stupidest ideas ever heard.

No father, mother, or woman with any sense of self-worth or self-preservation could possibly(in my opinion) condone such advice.

Edited by hipower

If you don't have a gun, take his eyes out. If you do have a gun, shoot him, multiple times. Make sure he assumes room

temperature. I think that list is good for liberal women who have to have an instruction list for sex, anyway.

How about if she says she is menstrating really loudly (scream it, even) and then pulls out her gun;-)

I'm pretty sure that is high on the list of a guy's worst nightmare so should be doubly effective, right? And if she feels the need, she can always piss on the body just to follow as many of their guidelines as possible.
  • Like 1

when I was in college, as a way to meet girls I thought, a friend and I freshman year went to a free campus self defense class.  It was mainly meant for woman but men were welcome.

I believe he and I was the only males in the room.

Well, I ended up wearing the suit and got to be the target of the class.  It was fun and well I met women that night.

However I recall them telling them a couple of those steps as a last resort to try to discourage an attacker.

In short, this is not new by any means.  That was back in 93/94.

Edited by vontar

when I was in college, as a way to meet girls I thought, a friend and I freshman year went to a free campus self defense class.  It was mainly meant for woman but men were welcome.

I believe he and I was the only males in the room.

Well, I ended up wearing the suit and got to be the target of the class.  It was fun and well I met women that night.

However I recall them telling them a couple of those steps as a last resort to try to discourage an attacker.

In short, this is not new by any means.  That was back in 93/94.

I understand that but if I'm a woman about to be raped I think I'll save pissing myself for after I'm out of bullets.

• Like 1

I understand that but if I'm a woman about to be raped I think I'll save pissing myself for after I'm out of bullets.

Or when they pee themselves laughing while the thug rapist lie on the ground screaming and asking them to stop shooting.

• Like 1

First off, didn't mean to duplicate a thread. It was early and the coffee wasn't done brewing. As screwed up as this advice is, there was already a case in PA a few months back where this strategy was an epic fail. A woman was in her boyfriends jeep waiting for him outside of a bar. Three guys jumped in and drove around for five hours making her repeatedly go down on them. The article said she even threw up in one of the guys laps, but that did not deter them. Of course, they made her withdraw the limit at the ATM as well, before they let her drive home.