What's your bug out vehicle?

wareagle

So what's your bug out vehicle.

Mine is a 2000 Land Cruiser setup for expedition travel. Setup with 33" ATs, ARB bull bar, Warn M8000, Hella 4000 HIDs, IPFs, Old Man Emu 3" coils with N100/N101 shocks, Man-a-Fre 30mm coil spacers, Ironman torsion bars & snorkel, on-board CO2, www.BumpitOffroad.com diff drop/ skids / belly plate/ rock sliders /rear bumper / spare tire carrier, and SURCO low profile safari rack.

Here's an unimpressive driveway pic. Can't see the storm and trail body rework.

6422106185_95891cfdb5_b.jpg

Edited by wareagle

2001 Tacoma 2.5" lift on 285x75r16 tires, custom rock sliders, Yakima mega load warrior that mounts above the bed, hopefully front bumper and winch to come this summer.

Couple of pictures from windrock in august '12

337205_10151937404885510_1313387361_o.jp

338530_10151937385595510_1997120532_o.jp

Here's a close up of my rock sliders.  For anyone interested I know a good fab guy in knoxville who can make just about anything I gave him a picture and we came up with a couple of changes and here's the final product.

422542_10151365743150510_1400449145_n.jp

Edited by tennessee01tacoma
  • Like 1

It would need to be very bad before I "bug out"! But, if I had to leave I would go in the Jeep. And if I had to carry more stuff, I would use the off road trailer hooked to it. I would think a bug out vehicle would need to be 4WD because some roads may be blocked? It needs to be a vehicle that is highly maneuverable in tight places and even if I needed to use the off road trailer, it would still go where pickups would have a hard time. The trailer has a special hitch and had to have "limits" built to match the Rubicon maneuverability, the hitch doesn't bind in any direction.

JEEP.jpg

trail36.jpg

trail24.jpg

• Like 1

That Land Cruiser is SICK!!!

Sadly it will be my 2012 Toyota Rav4. The only upside is that it has a lot more cargo space than one would imagine and gets about the best gas mileage one could get from an SUV.I get around 23 MPG city and 28 highway. I only wish the gas tank was a little bigger.

In the next year or two I plan on buying either a used Jeep Wranger or perhaps an old Tacoma. 4x4 trucks are not easy to find in Florida though.

we tend to try to keep our options open as both possible autos provide advantages over the other.  Our primary bug out would be our 2005 Chevy Trailblazer with low tow gear and 4wd.

E9BE7B96-E29F-4B1F-A4CA-ADB55AA58459_9.j

I feel pretty confident that it would make it thru a good amount of stuff...  However with the tow gear it gets about 17mpg....

Depending on what is going on a camel car could be more desirable to cover as much road as possible.  For this we have a 2008 chevy cobalt XFE modded for mpg.  I average about 44 mpg in this car.

_DSC0183.jpg

It just depends on what is needed at the time...