How many are sitting good in the Ammo Department ?

I'm good enough not to have to pay these ridiculous prices or go to Walmart at 6 in the morning.  A couple times recently I paid more than what I used to but it wasn't too much more.  I do have a low threshold, unlike apparently a lot of people out there. 

You know what I've been buying more of recently?  Silver.  It's at some of the lowest prices we've seen in 18 months, and you don't have to go to the store at 6am to buy it or watch it get sold out online in 15 minutes.  Maybe when it goes to $75 an ounce I can sell it to the same idiots who are paying $75 for a brick of 22.

I'm good enough not to have to pay these ridiculous prices or go to Walmart at 6 in the morning.  A couple times recently I paid more than what I used to but it wasn't too much more.  I do have a low threshold, unlike apparently a lot of people out there. 

You know what I've been buying more of recently?  Silver.  It's at some of the lowest prices we've seen in 18 months, and you don't have to go to the store at 6am to buy it or watch it get sold out online in 15 minutes.  Maybe when it goes to $75 an ounce I can sell it to the same idiots who are paying $75 for a brick of 22.

For God's sake, don't talk like that, Caster will be loading with silver next!

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

For God's sake, don't talk like that, Caster will be loading with silver next!

Along with the Coors he'll have to stock up on, he'll need a better torch. Dem castings 'll be spensive, too. :d

Guest 6.8 AR

Capitalism at it's finest. I've been doing the same. I've always liked silver coins. Been doing that for a long time.

Just started buying bullion recently.

Guest 6.8 AR

I need more ammo cans. Got an old kitchen in the basement that the cupboard is full of ammo, instead

of food. Of course, the bedroom next to that kitchen is full of food stores of all kinds.

As long as the powder, primer and brass hold out, I'll be happy.

6.8, ever come to the Nashville Flea Markets? Found a guy a couple months ago that sells nice, clean cans with good seals from 8-20 depending on size.

556 were 8 each

762 were 10

I've bought 20 over the last couple of months and been very satisfied with price and condition. Of course you may have a closer source that close to Campbell.

Ok I guess? I'm not counting it, it's hard to keep track as I'm still adding some occasionally and going shooting a bit as well.

Here's most of it.
CEA56A3D-14B9-41F6-9736-F6AA7FE06CD0-410

TR, you just about messed my head with that pic! I was trying to figure out how you mounted thase cans on the wall. :stunned:  Then I saw the door frame.

Sometimes I just ain't right. :squint:  

Is 40,000 rounds enough? 

If I can acquire more primers, I can add another 10,000 to that. I have everything but primers, and it kills me. Well, and I'm short on 45 ACP cases. Have 2,000 more Precision delta bullets and 500 Berry's sitting around and nothing to put them in. Don't you hate when that happens?

Guest Fruit jar

My son finished up the 23rd box today after school. 500 rounds per box, all stacked up neat in the closet. Get another stack of boxes sunday.

Ha, I do need to come up with a better system, right now everything fits on a few shelves in my bookcase but if I were to either introduce a new caliber or buy more of my existing ones I'd need to do something different.

I guess it's not much of an issue right now, ammo being as scarce as it is.
Guest 6.8 AR

6.8, ever come to the Nashville Flea Markets? Found a guy a couple months ago that sells nice, clean cans with good seals from 8-20 depending on size.

556 were 8 each

762 were 10

I've bought 20 over the last couple of months and been very satisfied with price and condition. Of course you may have a closer source that close to Campbell.

I'm in Nashville, often. I'll have to do that.

Unfortunately Im low on everything.  I've learned my lesson from this whole ordeal and I won't ever be caught with my pants down again.  I've been waiting on a bullet order from Xtreme for about 7 weeks now....just so I can load some up and go to an IDPA match.

Guest RedLights&Sirens
I could be way better than I am. Im okay on .40 if I skip going to the range for a long time. I only have 140 rounds of 55 grain .223 and with 1:7 barrel I wont be doing much long range shooting so Ill just hold on to thoes for any emergency situation that may pop up. No 7.62x54 at all :-(

Lesson learned about stocking up. I have G23 since last summer so I have had my chance on that. I put my AR on layaway two months before the elections, blew that chance too. I dont know why I was so stupid as to wait until I paid the layaway off (post Newton). My Mosin I have only just recently bought and just have not had the funds for ammo yet.

Im sitting good, on a fence post maybe but not ammo.

I am good on .22LR, as I have all but stopped shooting it, but I am tight on reloading supplies for .38/.357.  It does not help that I did a caliber consolidation right before all this trading off my 9mm handguns for .357 magnums and starting reloading for it.  I ended up giving my entire 9mm stash to my dad, as he had no stash at all.

Basically I am scouring the planet for small primers, but not so tight that I will pay horrible prices.

Guest Msavard

Sitting on a hair under 4 cases of 9mm. Not all the brand I'd like but it goes bang so I can keep hitting the range when I get the itch. 

Before Newtown, I consolidated my handguns to 9mm. I am now short 9mm but so far have been able to buy at the range. I do not mean to lecture here, but if you have a 2 year or more supply of ammo, could you please sit quitely and not order more until some of us can catch up?