ARs on Gunbroker Beginning to Fall (fast)

runco

Ever since the media annouced earlier this week that the federal assault weapons bill is dead, I have been watching while eating popcorn the prices of ARs in general on Gunbroker beginning to drop like lead.  As a reference point, I have been watching several Colt 6920 and Sig M400 with actual bids for many months to get a feel of the GB market, and then this week these same rifles appear to be taking a plunge.  See for yourself:  http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Rifles/BI.aspx?Keywords=colt+6920

I would imagine the market will become very flushed with AR inventory quickly from the retailers to Jim Bob who thought he would make a quick $500 to a Grand flip.  Now my dilemma, do I take advantage of Jim Bob with cash money to leverage him to a crying boy or do I just buy from the retailer.  Hmmmmm.

PS, I think the high capacity magazines will skyrocket soon to new levels not seen before.  So I would hold on to those!

Edited by Runco

prices are still too high.  they look like they are coming down some.  i would hold off for now and let the prices drop more.  then i would go for the best/lower priced one i could find, no matter where it came from.  at this time i would go on the ammo/mag hunt.  prices on ammo/mags are high with no change in sight.  get some ammo and mags in the house then go for the gun.  a gun is no use to you without ammo and mags.  come to think about it what a good way to control guns, no ammo.   without ammo that $900.00 dollar pistol is just a high dollar slap jack.  

I would imagine the market will become very flushed with AR inventory quickly from the retailers to Jim Bob who thought he would make a quick $500 to a Grand flip.  Now my dilemma, do I take advantage of Jim Bob with cash money to leverage him to a crying boy or do I just buy from the retailer.  Hmmmmm.

I think I'll keep a couple grand on hand for 'ol Jim Bob.  I have every intention of making low ball offers on these clowns that cleaned out retailers and are now looking at their CC statement wondering how they're going to pay it.  Jim Bob needs to feel pain for what he is trying to do to honest gun owners.  I will be scooping up as many rifles I can at 25% below retail value.  At least I'll have a good collection to pass on to my kids.

• Like 7
Guest 6.8 AR
I waited for my Young bolt carriers that these
clowns wanted double and maybe triple for.
Payback can be Hell. I'll pay normal, thank you.

They may be willing to give it away when their
wives find out what they are sitting on.

Let their tears fall like rain. I'll be more than happy to lowball these bastards with cash.

I've already seen the excuses starting on other forums- "I got a little carried away with the panic and now I need to sell some stuff". Oh well, sucks to be you. Now we'll see the real free market at work.

• Like 7

Let their tears fall like rain. I'll be more than happy to lowball these bastards with cash.

I've already seen the excuses starting on other forums- "I got a little carried away with the panic and now I need to sell some stuff". Oh well, sucks to be you. Now we'll see the real free market at work.

Yep, next week I'll be making at least half a dozen offers a day.  I expect to get a lot of hate mail back, but I'm sure some will bite.  It will feel good.  Cash is hard to turn down when you need smokes, PBR and baby food.

• Like 7
I too need bcg to finish one but will do without before I pay double... I will buy were ever I can get the better deal let them all sit on what they have. Shame on anyone trying to take advantage of honest people

I think I'll keep a couple grand on hand for 'ol Jim Bob. I have every intention of making low ball offers on these clowns that cleaned out retailers and are now looking at their CC statement wondering how they're going to pay it. Jim Bob needs to feel pain for what he is trying to do to honest gun owners. I will be scooping up as many rifles I can at 25% below retail value. At least I'll have a good collection to pass on to my kids.

I think your being generous ill scoop them up at 50% below retail lol

Was told by a shop that a local guy spent $3,500 to buy two AR's. He used the money for his mortgage, car payment, utilities and all his insurance money for the month or two to buy them. His wife told him not to but he convinced his wife he could sell them for $3,500 each in a week. Last I heard he was having a hard time paying his bills because he isn't even making his money back.

I suspect there are a lot of people in the same boat now. Facing bills they cannot pay because they hoped to take advantage of the fear mongering people where doing.

Dolomite

• Like 3

I do searches on GunBroker on what is actually selling. That stuff that is being priced crazy isn't selling. You have to create an account (its free), but then you can search by completed auctions and see what is selling. I'm sure they get a sucker every once in awhile, but most high priced stuff closes without any bids.

Let's see if that That Colt 6920 that is listed at $2k sells; it ends in 3 hours.

I sold my stuff early and then stopped...i saw it happening.  not before i managed to get double on two of my AR's though ;-D

You guys can hate on capitalism all ya want but that pendulum swings both ways...timing is key thats for sure.

Good for you, but I'd rather not be part of the problem. It's because of everyone that though like you that we may never see prices return to pre-Sandy Hook levels.

I can almost promise that ammo prices will not go back down to the level they were before the shooting because of the price gouging and hysteria fed by people such as yourself.

No offense to you Magic but you didn't help the situation.

• Like 3

The entire AWB was just a scare tactic for something else. Like the universal background check. I really did not think they would get the AWB bill into law. But I think this opens the door for the UBC. It is the less of the two evils, I would imagine that is how the lawmakers look at it.

And I am not going to mention any names, but I have seen some ammo posted on here that was over priced for what it was.. So let’s not start pointing fingers at anyone.

(yes I buy wholesale and yes I know the current prices and markups)

Ammo prices did go back down from the last time in 2008. I saw $50-80 dollar a box .380. I bought some in November for $12 a box. The Russian will go up due to a mark up overseas around $50.00 a case from what I have been told.

If Magic put his stuff on auction and some one paid him so what? I have also seen a lot of whining due to not being prepared.

Sandy Hook contributed to this current situation, as sad as it was. But it was just the catalyst. It would have happened anyway.

Our goverment has a agenda. If someone drove by and offered you $5K more than your car was worth I guess most would just turn them down. But when you want that same car,  you want to offer $5K less.

I have all kinds of ammo that I bought over the past four years. I for one also will be looking for the good buys when they come as I always have.

Edited by R1100R
  • Like 1

Good for you, but I'd rather not be part of the problem. It's because of everyone that though like you that we may never see prices return to pre-Sandy Hook levels.

I can almost promise that ammo prices will not go back down to the level they were before the shooting because of the price gouging and hysteria fed by people such as yourself.

No offense to you Magic but you didn't help the situation.

Lighten up, Erika. NONE of this is permanent if there are no bans. You should maybe quit scolding folks.