Where to buy my Dillon? I am in Nashville

I believe Outpost Armory at exit 89 on I24 stocks Dillons.

OK.. good ideas guys. Thanks. I will never do business with OA again after I saw how they jacked and raped prices as well as stalked you in their store as if I was there to steal their stuff. Plus they always seem arrogant. I think I will try A-H. 

• Like 1

Reloaders Bench has a good stock on them right now. Supposedly, they can't sell them higher then Dillion does, so check the website for price first. Something about Dillion having fixed pricing on their products.

I know a guy that works for a company that sell Dillon.   In the past he told me they could not sell Dillion above or below what Dillon advertised and they were pretty strict on it.  They can't advertise or give you a price over the phone that differs from Dillion pricing but if you are standing there with money in hand that might be a different story.

I am with DLM, unless you want it today, I would go to BrianEnos.com.

That said, I also use a Hornday LNL AP and am happy with it.  I have friends with the Dillon and they are happy with it.  They each have pro's/con's. 

Edited by Hozzie
Guest 6.8 AR

I was on the fence about a Lock N Load.. Do they have auto case trimmers? Do they have the same outstanding warranty that Dillon does? I am not confirmed to go Blue just yet...

I got a case trimmer base from Forster. As far as auto case trimmers, don't know. I use a drill press. My LnL does a lot,

but it isn't automatic any more than other progressive presses. Never used the warranty, but I imagine they stand

behind their product just fine. If a warranty is going to be your criteria, I can't help you. My press works just fine, with

or without one.

I was on the fence about a Lock N Load.. Do they have auto case trimmers? Do they have the same outstanding warranty that Dillon does? I am not confirmed to go Blue just yet...

You can use a  Dillon 1200 case trimmer in a Hornady press.  I don't think you can go wrong either way.

• Administrator

ah has hornady lock and load aps as of yesterday cause i gave them to him also 223 dies butch is ok

the best place to get dillon is brianenos.com

I ordered mine from Brian Enos a few years ago.  I can strongly second this recommendation.

I ordered mine from Brian Enos a few years ago.  I can strongly second this recommendation.

I didn't order my press from there, but I've ordered two caliber conversion kits and will order a 10mm kit from him when I can.

Best I can tell if you buy Dillon you pay the same no matter where you buy it. I understand wanting to buy local and commend you for it, but I'll put in another plug for Brian Enos, I was very happy with their service. I like my 650 for what it's worth, but it is expensive to go from one caliber to another. that might be something to add to your pro's and con's list if you are looking at multiple presses.

Sounds like you are wanting it for rifle? I know zero about loading rifle. But If pistol, I don't see how any can top a Dillon. I'm new to this and only have loaded 10,000 or so 9mm only but love my 550. I bought the 550 with all the bells. Still not sure why I did not get the 650?? Anyway why not just call Dillon and get in line for one. I can say I had a "c" pin break on top of the decaper, called Dillon and in two days I had a box of extra small parts. I would bet the CS would really be hard to beat.

Guest K7Sparky

If you stroke the handle on the loaders you are interested in, just fake sliding in cartridges and bullets to get a feel for the different ones.

Years back I had a Hornady Projector that never felt right to me.  I called Dillon and said "your add says you'll pay postage both ways if I don't like it.  I am going to set it up beside a Projector and see which works best for me.  You still want to send me one?"  It showed up some days later.  I now have 2 ea 550B Dillons.

Met a guy that had been using his friends Projector and couldn't wait to get mine.

Also sold my Dillon Square Deals to some happy campers.

Point is different presses feel a bit different and if you can try B4 buy it's a good thing

Guest K7Sparky

If you go for a Dillon:

Get at least 4 extra large and small primer tubes. I have a hand full marked with Sharpie as to primer and get them set up before a loading session.

Powder dies (what the powder measure hooks to) and tool heads are cheaper if you buy 3 at a time.

Make your own toohead stands or there are some on the bay that are nice.

Might see if they still have the old brass primer filpper. The one in the "Blue Press" in today's mail has what looks to be plastic. Wouldn't trade my brass one for love nor money.

Their CS is as good as it gets. As far as my experience goes if it brakes or somehow you can ware it out, the parts are on the way for free.

If you are going to the NRA AM in Huston (or know someone going) they usually have show specials. I'm thinking it is a code you can use a week or 2 after the AM

Edited by K7Sparky
Guest K7Sparky

How long have you had the shell feeder?

Like to hear more about your experience with it.  It intrigues me.

I'm glad I sprung for the mount and shell feeder from Outpost Armory too.

Edited by K7Sparky

How long have you had the shell feeder?
Like to hear more about your experience with it. It intrigues me.

I learned to reload on a turret press. Once I knew the process inside and out, getting a Dillon was a no-brainer. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone's first press though, because when I was a noob I'd have never gotten this rig setup correctly. Anyway, about the shell feeder...

- I dump several hundred cases in the hopper and turn it on and it lines them up and drops them down the tube.
- It even cuts itself off when the tube is full and turns back on momentarily to drop another when needed.
- If a case has too much or too little powder, the powder check beeps. ($65 never bought me so much peace of mind)
- All that's left to do is set a bullet on the shell and pull the handle.

I can crank out 300-400 rounds per hour if I have primer tubes already full. Oh yeah, and the primer feeder also has a sensor too. It also whines to tell you when it needs filling.

I swear to God, I can crank out 300 rounds faster than I can drive to Walmart and back to buy ammo.

The shell feeder is expensive, I won't lie. I think it costs around $230 with one size of sorting plate that works for similarly sized cases. I've been using it for almost a year and have zero regrets about spending the money. I can decide at the last minute to run down to the range and knock out 200 rounds of ammo in less than 30 minutes, including checking for issues and boxing it up. Edited by BigK
Guest 6.8 AR

I may have to check out the Dillon. I like my LNL, but if it slugs them out like that without worries, may be worth it.

I don't get into horse races, though.

I may have to check out the Dillon. I like my LNL, but if it slugs them out like that without worries, may be worth it.

I don't get into horse races, though.

I'm sure whichever one somebody likes best mostly boils down to whichever system you learn on. Dillon, RCBS, and Hornady all make excellent progressive presses. Lee...not so much.