It was last call, and i was bringing something home.

Gun show this weekend in missoula MT.  Just as i was leaving, I passed a table with a shiny little misfit, and a $45 price tag. Just for sh*ts and giggles i offered forty bucks. The guy took the offer, He was selling off his fathers guns that passed away. In MT we still have private sales at gun shows. (no paperwork)

[URL=http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/singlestack1/media/004_zpsf40dfdfb.jpg.html]004_zpsf40dfdfb.jpg[/URL]

The little .25 has some wear from being carried but was almost like new inside. He said his father carried it every day. Its funny all the other guns he had for sale were pretty high end. Over under shotguns and hunting rifles and two NIB Desert eagles a .44 and a .357.

I texted pics to a couple of buddies who immediately made the standard jokes, and even the lady who runs the gun shows laughed and asked how hard i could throw it.( shes great, always lets me in the shows for free) But what the heck, i know i could resell it for $40 bucks any time.

Feel free to make mock her, i understand. But if anyones has an apprecition for these, id like to hear something positive.

Oh and this for me is a novelty, not a carry gun. and if your wondering why a montanan is on your forum, ill be moving to TN soon .

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

What kind of safety system on little pistolas like that? Looks like a single action trigger, but I don't see a safety?

Edit: Nevermind, I now see the little slide lever is the safety. Thought that was the slide release.

Edited by Lester Weevils

A buddy of mine had one and it always went bang. I used to have a jennings J22 that was realy bad. even at four feet the groups were huge and it would frequently fire when chambering a round. This raven seems alot better. ill put a box thru it next weekend.

Guest Lester Weevils

Yeah that style of gun is cute as a bug. Just don't mistake it for a cigarette lighter. :)

Folks who have a raven, does it have "slide bite" shooting it? Looks like the slide is awful close to the web of the hand. Just curious, old dad has a .25 Colt Jr and I like it, and the slide is actually a little higher up than on that raven, which will bite you. It doesn't hurt bad, but first time shooting his colt jr, was surprising to notice blood on the back of the hand where the pistol had been nibbling little bites.

A nice looking example.  

2 boxes of ammo worth more than the pistol cost you....    sigh.   Wife got one not too long ago and I have been on a saga to try to reload for it.   With dubious results so far, lol.   Learned an awful lot ... mostly things not to do...

A Titan .25 was my first pistol.  It was a pretty reliable little fellah and surprisingly accurate but got 'disappeared' from my mom's house.  A year or so back I bought another at a gun show.  As long as it goes 'bang' and puts holes where you point it, for $40 I think you did just fine.

I actually think it is a nice looking little piece.  For some reason, I am fond of little guns like that - the more inexpensive, the better (as long as they work and operate safely.)  I guess it is because, growing up, many of the older fellahs I knew carried a little .25 or .32 pistol of one make or another in the bib pocket of their overalls.  Those men and their little, small caliber pistols greatly influenced my early (childhood) ideas about handgun carry by a private citizen.  Of course, back then they were as much for protecting oneself from snakes and other varmints while working in the woods or fishing as anything else.  The shotgun and/or rifle in the rack in the back window of their pickup trucks were for larger threats.

Edited by JAB

I bought a new Raven about 30 years ago, I think they were about $40 new. Used it for a 'truck' gun for at least 10 years, never failed to fire, was way more reliable than the little Jennings .22 I had. Those little semi-rimmed 25s always cycled. I also liked the solid barrel to frame set up, it actually shot quite well for a pocket pistol, I remember shooting frogs in a pond with it, redneck fun.

BTW...the only BAD thing about 25s, have you priced the ammo for it? Waaaaay more than .380 or even 9mm....makes no sense.

Edited by 221 Fireball
Guest MAWLJ45

"Oh and this for me is a novelty, not a carry gun. and if your wondering why a montanan is on your forum, ill be moving to TN soon ."

Why would you leave the west??

Yeah that style of gun is cute as a bug. Just don't mistake it for a cigarette lighter. :)

Folks who have a raven, does it have "slide bite" shooting it? Looks like the slide is awful close to the web of the hand. Just curious, old dad has a .25 Colt Jr and I like it, and the slide is actually a little higher up than on that raven, which will bite you. It doesn't hurt bad, but first time shooting his colt jr, was surprising to notice blood on the back of the hand where the pistol had been nibbling little bites.

I dont get slide bite on ether of mine, Raven or Bauer.

Guest MAWLJ45

Main reason is to be closer to family.

Didn't mean to hijack your post, for $40.00 I would have picked it up for sure. I just can imagine leaving MT to move this direction. :cool:  Good luck with the move.

hey guys. i just got an Email from a guy who wants to trade me a Winchester 140 ranger for the Raven. Minutes after i bought the Raven i put it on armslist. For sale or trade, you can see the ad in the montana section or search Raven.

I havent contacted the guy with the 140 yet so i dont know the condition or anything. Whats your thoughts? are the 140s any good?

Ive been wanting to find a cheap shotty to eventualy cut down and Register as SBS, would that be a good candadite?

You got a great deal on that Raven. It's probably worth over $100, especially with the little holster that came with it. They are very reliable little pistols for what they are, just wish .25acp ammo was more reasonably priced. I kinda like them as you can see from the picture below.

2u552dl.jpg

If you want more info on these types of pistols check out this forum: 

http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/index.php

Edited by LCPfraTN
  • Like 1
hey guys. i just got an Email from a guy who wants to trade me a Winchester 140 ranger for the Raven. Minutes after i bought the Raven i put it on armslist. For sale or trade, you can see the ad in the montana section or search Raven.
I havent contacted the guy with the 140 yet so i dont know the condition or anything. Whats your thoughts? are the 140s any good?
Ive been wanting to find a cheap shotty to eventualy cut down and Register as SBS, would that be a good candadite?

I'd make that trade. I have a 1400 ranger 20 gauge that is great for skeet shooting or messing around. It does hang up occasionally but I get more use out of it than I would a .25. I'd say it would be a trade up.