1911 Reccomendation

dbla

I like S&W's e-series 1911s.  I know the 'fish-scales' aren't for everyone but I like 'em.

I have their older model.  I had some issues (accuracy) at first but l got to judge S&W during the worst (when my gun wasn't performing) and they made me a believer in their customer service.  They took care of me (new barrel)  and now I love my 'Smith' 1911.

Guest mechanically

I carry a mid-2000's Springfield 1911 GI. Its a basic model, and I love it dearly. I prefer the small GI sights for carry, but a commander would probably be easier to carry everyday.

Hmmm, you've caused me to reconsider never carrying my GI. I kinda thought it would be a liability, but you're right, it sure would draw smooth...

So, I guess I need to find a high-ride holster to hide it in. That barrel is a little longer than my Shield!  :P

If it is a carry gun, I like and carry a Sig 1911 45 C3, costs around $900.00. I put 3 mag (21 rounds) of ammo through mine and it functioned perfectly.

Wow, quite a testament.  :rock:

Anyway, I'll echo what others have said about Kimber...with the exception of the original Series 1 guns (I've had several).  They're much better than current production and all mine ran like sewing machines.

Edited by TN-popo

I for one love my Kimber.  I have an Ultra II.  I bought it from a friend because I shot it and really liked it, told him if he ever wanted to sell it that I wanted dibs.  He called me a few months later and we made a deal.  I have no regrets, I love that gun and would not have offered to buy it from him had I not enjoyed shooting it so much. 

I got 2 umarex Regent R100's and they both work just fine. They are based off the moddle a1, so they are plain to the bone. they shoot fenoninaly well. After about 500 rounds combined, they still shoot and feel fantastic. And I got them at academy sports for $450 a piece. The only thing that I find a fault with them is the sights. They are really plain jane, I do recomand switching them.

Guest jkb4c

If I had $1500 to spend on a 1911 my money would be on a Springfield TRP. Excellent quality, great company, and a lot of serious shooters have run them very hard and given them the thumbs up.

Very good choice is that the lightweight model? I used to have one of those, very sweet, but never could find a holster (I liked) made for it.

Yeah I'll see what I can find, being a lefty most holsters are custom jobs anyway.

[quote name="Romad7" post="960760" timestamp="1367107553"]Ooh, I like that. I do believe its going on my list. Very nice!

It almost make up for the Prius;-)[/quote]

Lol, at 42mpg ill take my lumps.

This is the nicest gun I've owned to date. Edited by dbla