USAF vet said she......

If I'm not mistaken you cant qualify till plot is needed.So she's not dead she has no plot to give.I served over 7 years with honorable discharge and I cant qualify for Arlington. Edited by klamb5
Guest TankerHC

Clicked on it and said this video is not available but isnt this the same woman who got the rules changed a few months ago at a National Cemetery so her lesbian girlfriend could be buried with her?

How sad is that? She wants him burried besides heros and people who gave up their lifes so asshats like that can be burried with them? Dont think so...

why are his proud parents not paying to fly their innocent son home? its their child..they pay for it..if they dont..they should have no say on how he gets disposed off..

he doesnt deserve a funeral .he does not deserve to be mourned.

he belongs in the ocean..to feed the fishes.

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

So I do have one question. Are there no Muslim cemeteries in the United States? A quick google for a list shows 8 of them in the U.S. and 3 in Canada.

I think that's urban legend. AFAIK the only non military in Arlington are the Kennedy family, crew of the Challenger, some of the PanAm 103 victims, and Thurgood Marshall. There are also a number of slave graves there marked as 'civilian' or 'citizen' from the land's days as a plantation. I think Charles Le'Enfent is there too. He's the Frenchman who designed the layout of DC. Edited by monkeylizard
Guest TankerHC

There are 24 non military or foreign military I believe. One was just given permission a few months ago, was a Brit or a Jewish Resistance fighter (Cant remember which) who worked for the OSS during WWII. There are also some British aviators who flew on American Bomber crews. Some others, but I think the number is 24.

This person does not have a snowballs chance in getting into Arlington. And like an above poster said, you dont "have a space". When you die, if you qualify you MIGHT get in. The Department of Veterans Affairs can also send you to one of the other National Cemeteries.

Been through this rigamarole for one person and myself. In preparing for long term (I hope) will and insurance and all that I contacted the VA decedent affairs. I can be buried in the cemetery, but because I am retired they asked if I would state cremation and be interred in the Retiree section. Not a problem, as long as I can get into Arlington. Arlington is rapidly running out of room. They had just acquired an additional 33 acres last year.

Even then, there is no guarantee of getting in there.

The chances of this happening are less than none.

Edited by TankerHC
If the Muslims aren’t stepping up to take care of one of their own; there are ships going out to sea every day.

Normally, I wouldn’t be concerned that a suggestion involving Arlington would even be considered; but with Obamas hatred for this country and everything American; who knows.

There are lots non US military people buried at Arlington.... 

http://arlingtoncemetery.net/biograph.htm

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/civilia.htm

But as for this guy.... hog lot people, hog lot.

Notice that nearly all of those "civilians" had prior military service.

My dad wants to be buried there (retired USAF) but I have my doubts there will be room when it's his time to check-in.

I wonder if anyone has asked her husband how he feels about it.  Her time in the air force does not meet the "eligibility" requirements.  She is only "eligible" because her husband retired after 20 years in the navy.  Eligible is in quotes because as a previous poster already mentioned eligibility requirements for Arlington are only verified at time of death so as long as shes still breathing she's not eligible for burial at Arlington.