Jack Reacher

Guest sL1k
It's pretty good. I have read almost all ofthe books. Aside from jack reacher being 6'5" in the books and the being played by tom cruise its not bad lol.

Does that have the Chevelle that gets destroyed? I'm sorry, I can't watch that.

Most of the destroyed cars are not real, sometimes real but a ruined hulk with a paintjob & computer graphics overlay etc.  Sometimes real but the destruction is faked, or real but switched the nice car out and zoomed out tricks.  Its kinda like how they don't really kill the actors :)

Edited by Jonnin

According to reports from critics, and from an article I read, Child, the author, thinks Cruise portrayed Jacker Reacher right on the money. Child praised his characterization and acting abilities.

It's pretty good. I have read almost all ofthe books. Aside from jack reacher being 6'5" in the books and the being played by tom cruise its not bad lol.

I think the books are pretty good. Usually much better than the movie adaptaions. I've read several of them, and except for being a little long-winded sometimes, Lee Child writes pretty well.

I thought it was a good movie I'm looking forward to buying it on dvd. I'm not a big reader but if the books are like the movie I think I could get into them.

It's not a bad action flick over all. Some of the plot seemed useless though, like the whole "Jack Reacher went off the grid" thing. If they took that part out, it would have been the same movie. They basically had all of the supporting characters say "This guy's a ghost, he's trained to disappear, you'll never find him, not in a million....oh, there he is". It's almost as if they insist upon him being a badass or something. Because the movie seems to tell you at every turn how awesome he is. Granted, the character is pretty sharp and all, but usually you make someone BA by showing they are BA vs SAYING they are BA.

Edited by NoBanStan
It was ok, the tec advisers got about 80% of the stuff correct, the other 20% was probably "purposely" done wrong to keep the film from becoming a bit too educational so to speak.

I thought that the climax was a bit anti-climatic w/regards to Duval missing just about every shot he took, I was sort of hoping to see him actually put down a few of the bad guys instead of just firing randomly in their general direction.

*shrug* it entertained me for 90 minutes or so, so mission accomplished in that respect.
Guest KCampbell
I thought it was pretty good and Cruise did a great job other than being a "little" shorter than the 6'5" and 230 lbs Reacher is in the books.;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Im going to watch this tonight -- I know TC has his critics -- but to be honest I have never seen a movie he was in I didnt like -- I didnt watch Vanilla Sky though -- other than that i think i have seen all of his movies but this one.....

Im going to watch this tonight -- I know TC has his critics -- but to be honest I have never seen a movie he was in I didnt like -- I didnt watch Vanilla Sky though -- other than that i think i have seen all of his movies but this one.....

He may be a crazy person, but he's good at what he does.

• Like 1
I enjoy the books. They are pretty light reads and you can pretty much guess the plot early on. Even so they are entertaining.

I also don't mind admitting that I enjoy Tom Cruise movies.

Having said that if you read the series he is the last person I would think of to portray Reacher. The books make such a big deal about Reacher's size it's almost a character of its own. It's so itegrated into every single chapter of every single book. For this reason my wife and I have waited for the DVD release. We'll give it a try but it's gonna be hard to swallow as a fan of the books. Glad it got decent reviews. At least it won't be a total waste of time. Maybe they used some camera tricks to make him look taller a la Gandolf.

-southernasylum
  • Like 1

I enjoy the books. They are pretty light reads and you can pretty much guess the plot early on. Even so they are entertaining.

I also don't mind admitting that I enjoy Tom Cruise movies.

Having said that if you read the series he is the last person I would think of to portray Reacher. The books make such a big deal about Reacher's size it's almost a character of its own. It's so itegrated into every single chapter of every single book. For this reason my wife and I have waited for the DVD release. We'll give it a try but it's gonna be hard to swallow as a fan of the books. Glad it got decent reviews. At least it won't be a total waste of time. Maybe they used some camera tricks to make him look taller a la Gandolf.

-southernasylum

no they didn't...

Guest RedLights&Sirens
Unless its Top Gun, I dont watch anything with Tom Cruise. Well maybe a Hoverround commercial here and there but thats a different Tom lol. Hes just an all around arrogant ummm feminine cleaning product and not worth my time or money. Sure most Hollywood types are messed up beyond repair but he just bugs me.

Got the blu ray from redbox this morning, will watch it my 160 inch screen this evening!

Heard it was good.

160??? Can I bring over a couple of my favs? That oughta really jump out at ya.

Anyway, picked it up tonight. If I can stay awake...will try to watch it

• Like 1
Watched it last night, my wife got bored with the slow start and bailed on me. It was slower pace than i hoped for. It was ok, prob more so for gun owners. Worth the rental but i wouldnt watch it twice.

Lee Child recommended John Macdonald's  Travis Mcgee books. I picked up  a couple  and they are very good, fun, fast paced and entertaining. When you get a chance read one, I think like me you might be surprised how good they are.,.