Church asks boys scouts to leave.

You know, if it wasn't for sinners, Pastors would not have a job.

In my opinion, pastors should welcome anyone.  Of all people they should.

I have to agree with you, but the Church is the only place left in this country where the government cannot tell you who you can or cannot accept.  In a few years, that will change as well.

I have to agree with you, but the Church is the only place left in this country where the government cannot tell you who you can or cannot accept.  In a few years, that will change as well.

Yes, because we can't have anyone's feelings hurt.

We have become a nation of wimps.

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 2

As an Eagle Scout, an assistant Scout Master, & BSA commitee member, I can say this is far from a highly supported decision & personally I think it's a load of BS! The BSA, which is a private organization, is allowing pressure from outside to sway them into giving in. Organizations within the BSA are already suffering & I fear this will be the beggining of the end for the Boy Scouts. Yesterday I received an email stating that our district's OA (Order of the Arrow) will be canceling some meetings, camp outs, & activities until further notice & some Scout Masters are resigning & some troops are shutting down in protest to the BSA's decision. The Boy Scouts of America's decision to give in just to keep the rainbow riders happy helps no one!

• Like 2
The horse has been beaten into burger meat in the other thread, but the only ones losing out are thy kids. If adults have their head so far up their cornhole where they they think it's a good idea to shut down an entire troop just because a homosexual young person is allowed to join without hiding their true nature, then those adults don't deserve the title of scout master.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

Shutting down a troop is because one's principles have been compromised by an action of another is

completely justified. There are still segments of this country that allow free will. One of them is the free

will to choose not to participate.

The kids lost way before this issue came around. They lost it on this issue when they started being taught

the moral relativism about religion, sex, family and morals. Some people choose to not involve themselves

in this horseburger because they disagree.

Since you disagree with them, why don't you step up to the plate and become a Scout master, in their place?

The horse has been beaten into burger meat in the other thread, but the only ones losing out are thy kids. If adults have their head so far up their cornhole where they they think it's a good idea to shut down an entire troop just because a homosexual young person is allowed to join without hiding their true nature, then those adults don't deserve the title of scout master.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

They're doing it for the children, man! Do you expect them to sit back while all the queers sexually assault those innocent children at every gathering?

• Like 1
Guest AmericanWorkMule

I like what one guy said,

If someone feels it is ok for homosexual young men to be in the boy scouts then why can't heterosexual young men be in the girl scouts?

I hate it for the kids but kudos to the church. Stand for what you believe.

That pretty well sums it up. 

I believe this is just a bump in the road for most of the troops that are sponsored by a group that has decided or will decide to end their relationship with the BSA. In most cases, if not all, other groups will step up to sponsor the troops. 

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1

Of course the church has the right but I can't help but wonder, is this church going to kick out all the other sinners currently in the church???

Empty collection plates don't build multi-million-dollar mega churches. Everyone knows that queers don't tithe; lube is expensive.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 2
From the stand point of the Church if it let them keep using the Church to meet it would look like it was condone it. Love the sinner not the sin, there no way you can make the Bible say its OK.
Edited by klamb5
  • Like 1

A male homo is still a male. 

Not to the heterosexual male that has to be his bunk-mate or tent-mate at camp.

Listen, I have no problems working, playing or socializing with gays or lesbians. I even have gay and lesbian friends and think they should have the same rights as anyone else, but private groups should also have rights to exclude based on certain issues and this is one of them. The reason is that there are just certain situations where it just becomes uncomfortable for heterosexuals. The same can be said for the situation with women in certain combat units...there will be situations that cause men and women both to be uncomfortable or to do or not do things that they would not do or would do around just other men or other women in combat situations. Let's just face it, sex is a very private and sensitive issue for most people and homosexuals in the Boy Scouts flies in the face of those sensitivities and many church doctrines. :hiding:

I find it amazing how people pick and choose which parts of the Bible support their views on certain subjects, while denying other parts.

I also find some of the statements made, whether they are in jest or not simply appalling.

I would ask everyone to remember that everything posted online is 'out there' forever.  As a forum dedicated to guns and gun related topics we as gun owners should represent ourselves in the best possible manner (especially in this political climate), even online.

I'm not saying you should not express your opinions / beliefs, but some of the comments left by members in this thread and the other related one have been downright foul.

Just a thought all.

• Like 4
Guest ThePunisher
Morally decadent societies don't last long. I'm afraid we're finding this out in our country as evidenced by some of our recent Presidential leadership. They've not been good role models for our younger generations.

I find it amazing how people pick and choose which parts of the Bible support their views on certain subjects, while denying other parts.

I also find some of the statements made, whether they are in jest or not simply appalling.

I would ask everyone to remember that everything posted online is 'out there' forever. As a forum dedicated to guns and gun related topics we as gun owners should represent ourselves in the best possible manner (especially in this political climate), even online.

I'm not saying you should not express your opinions / beliefs, but some of the comments left by members in this thread and the other related one have been downright foul.

Just a thought all.

Couldn't say it better myself.

As a atheist and very straight male I have to disagree with a lot I have read in this thread. If the church as a business does not wish them to be welcome due to their actions is their business just like a companies choice not to allow HCP holders in.

If a person decides to live their life as a church goer or as a gay person or even a boy scout concerns me in no way as long as it does not effect me by them trying to push their beliefs and lifestyle onto mine.
Saying that, I am deeply saddened to see the true self of some of the people on here spitting their extremely hateful words towards people they do not even know based upon teachings of a religion.

Kinda sounds to me like the same as the slander towards Islam claiming they teach hate towards others that don't believe the same as you.

I wish I never read this thread and am glad I am not going back and blocking the people that spewed open hate because even if I don't agree with them I still believe you should be allowed your opinion just like I've spoken mine here.

I was a cub scout and then a boy scout many moons ago but was not allowed on camping trips for my last year and then thrown out due to me refusing to take the swimming test for the next badge. I was informed if i didn't want to earn new badges and rank higher then I wasn't allowed to participate.

I drowned dead as a door nail when i was very young and due to that have a extreme phobia towards water. I don't hold it against the boy scouts as a group due to bad local leadership and enjoyed my time.
Edited by Tobashadow
  • Like 1