First open carry at Walmart - New yearly tradition!

Guest confidence

Guest confidence

Well, I usually refrain from posting photos of myself or my family on public forums but since you've begged, how about with my face blurred out....Funny because the owl refused to look at the camera no matter how I or the person taking the photo moved. I guess she was shy of having her pic on the interwebz, too!! Two faceless creatures!

nhs4.png

Sorry about the poor quality of the photo, especially after my fuzzing it out, lol! There where park ranger peeps all around and none of them freaked out about the gun being OC'ed in the State Park visitor's center!

Well, I usually refrain from posting photos of myself or my family on public forums but since you've begged, how about with my face blurred out....Funny because the owl refused to look at the camera no matter how I or the person taking the photo moved. I guess she was shy of having her pic on the interwebz, too!! Two faceless creatures!

nhs4.png

Sorry about the poor quality of the photo, especially after my fuzzing it out, lol! There where park ranger peeps all around and none of them freaked out about the gun being OC'ed in the State Park visitor's center!

Dang, it's huge!

Guest BCR#1

Man thats great to hear. I haven't had time to check into TN laws thoroughly. I have watched the THP video on Handgun Permits, but nothing was mentioned about OC, just lots of what NOT to do. Example: The Officer said if there is a crime in progress, even if someone's life is in danger, you are not to intervene. Specifically stated "Just because you have a handgun permit does not make you law enforcement", which is true of course, but someone standing there carrying is not supposed to render aid if it requires using your firearm?

I need to go over the laws thoroughly.

Do you have a link to this video?

Just thought I'd pass along this tidbit.  Many years ago I read or watched something from Ted Nugent, love him or hate him I believe this.  Uncle Ted made it a point to wear camo to represent himself as a hunter as he went about his daily business.  He also made it a point to hold doors for people, greet people, smile at them, ask them how they are doing, etc.  Just general nice guy stuff.  The same principles apply for open carry. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest confidence

A fellow open carried into my workplace last week and scared all the idiot sheep.  Now we are getting posted.  Thanks, nimrod. 

Sorry to hear that you're getting posted.  :down:  In my case, I was open carrying in a state park and there is no way they can post it. State law requires that they allow OC/CC in a state park even if they don't like it.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

I knew a democrat who is against guns but had a HCP.....

Your talking about that one senator? I can't remember his name. He had an hcp but always voted against gun laws.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.
Edited by tdoccrossvilletn

nhs4.png

How did you get pants and sandals on an owl?

• Like 1
Guest ochretoe

Sorry to hear that you're getting posted.  :down:  In my case, I was open carrying in a state park and there is no way they can post it. State law requires that they allow OC/CC in a state park even if they don't like it.

You make it sound as if Park people have a problem with OC.  You stated yourself none of the Rangers cared.  It's the law, we all accept and support OC or CC.

Edited by ochretoe
Guest confidence

A fellow open carried into my workplace last week and scared all the idiot sheep.  Now we are getting posted.  Thanks, nimrod. 

You make it sound as if Park people have a problem with OC.  You stated yourself none of the Rangers cared.  It's the law, we all accept and support OC or CC.

My bad. Wasn't trying to make it sound that way. I was just thinking that deerslayer's comment seemed to be one of those "OC'ers mess it up for the rest of us" type comments. I was trying to highlight the fact that in this case it's a state park so even if one of the rangers didn't like it, there's nothing they could do about it. Therefore, I'm not messing it up for anybody. Whereas in his case with a local business, I can see his point about a possible downside to OC. Anyways, I agree that the park rangers were fine with OC and wasn't trying to say otherwise. Just trying to address deerslayer's comment.

So far, I have never had any trouble with State or National Park rangers and that makes me a very happy camper (literally).

Guest travr6

What is a Carry Badge?

Open carry is very common in Kentucky.

In KY anyone can open carry. No permit needed.

The 2nd amendment allows it.

You have to have a CCDW to carry concealed though.

So alot of people open carry because they don't want their name registered on the CCDW database, they are too lazy to get the license, or out of spite that the govt requires them to register in order to carry concealed.

I open carried for about 5 years before finally breaking down and getting my CCDW license.

I don't like my name being on any govt list.

Not out of paranoia. More from just being a Libertarian. They really have no right or need to know what I have.

Guest travr6

What's a CCDW anyway?

Carry Concealed Deadly Weapon.

Get this stupidity......

In Ky you have to get a CCDW to carry a Ninja Star, Butterfly knife, switchblade, etc....

BUT....  You can only get your license with a gun. You can't take the class with a knife or nunchucks.

So If I am a wannabe ninja, who has a ninja star collection; I have to go buy a gun to take the class to be able to carry my ninja stars.

Our govt has some extremely ignorant laws and loopholes.

Edited by travr6
But have you tried to take the class with Ninja weapons?

I think you need to stand up for Ninja rights and go to the class dressed as a Ninja (for credibility) and have Ninja weapons ready to take the class;-)

But yes, the government can be quite silly. Edited by Romad7
Guest confidence

Also, this is a carry badge and please don't be "that guy"

http://youtu.be/hk1n3Wrb_I8

BUAHAHAHAhahahahaaaaaa!

This guy is unreal! Also...Good to know it's "up to [me]" to decide if I want one.

"I'm not impersonating a police officer because.....because.....because I'm not impersonating a police officer!!"

Carry Concealed Deadly Weapon.

Get this stupidity......
In Ky you have to get a CCDW to carry a Ninja Star, Butterfly knife, switchblade, etc....
BUT.... You can only get your license with a gun. You can't take the class with a knife or nunchucks.

So If I am a wannabe ninja, who has a ninja star collection; I have to go buy a gun to take the class to be able to carry my ninja stars.

Our govt has some extremely ignorant laws and loopholes.

Can you imagine if people were allowed to carry ninja stars and nunchucks??? Blood in the streets! Just watch TMNT and you'll know what I'm talking about! Thank goodness for these laws that keep us safe!

Can you imagine if people were allowed to carry ninja stars and nunchucks??? Blood in the streets! Just watch TMNT and you'll know what I'm talking about! Thank goodness for these laws that keep us safe!

Two stars to the chest and a nunchuck to the head, works for me. Can someone recommend a good IWB holster for my nunchucks?

;-)

BUAHAHAHAhahahahaaaaaa!

This guy is unreal! Also...Good to know it's "up to [me]" to decide if I want one.

"I'm not impersonating a police officer because.....because.....because I'm not impersonating a police officer!!"

but...but...but... "it's good quality metal, and you can hang it on a chain or use the belt clip!"

:stunned: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :jester:

Edited by tartanphantom