Zimmerman Trial: Verdict Reached!

That will make no difference. I have already seen 2 reports that certain "factions" are bringing Civil Suits.

Of course they can bring them...they can bring them in TN too but he'll have an absolute affirmative defense and I think those bringing suit will be stuck with the bill when they lose. 

I'm not an expert but I've talked to a couple of nationally know experts on this very subject and about this case and unless I totally misunderstand them or FL refuses to follow its own law Zimmerman has nothing to worry about as far as civil suits.

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest ThePunisher

Hmmm..Al Sharpton looks kinda"cancerish"...he dont look too good...

He's been a cancer for the black community for a long time.

I'm not an expert but I've talked to a couple of nationally know experts on this very subject and about this case and unless I totally misunderstand them or FL refuses to follow its own law Zimmerman has nothing to worry about as far as civil suits.

Doubt it makes him immune from federal civil rights suit, though. BHO will probably put the word in next week (although he'll know nothing about it until he hears it on the news, of course).

- OS

No, they cannot bring a successful civil suit. Florida statute 776.032. I'll post it in a minute....

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer,
  • Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Someone explain "logically" why they are threatening protests (OK, thats your right, to PEACEFULLY Protest), and......looting? What exactly does "looting" have to do with "their perception" of Justice?

"This is wrong, a murderer got off killing a black child.....I think Ill steal me some shoes to get justice"

Here are some people with some common sense. You have outlets, and they dont include stealing Tennis(r) Shoes and TV's.

http://youtu.be/XqofgXqteuQ

Guest TankerHC

Maybe they aren't the animals that media tell you they are, but it's still early. They could be at your doorstep tomorrow.

I think your right, LA, Oakland, NYC, Chicago, all just figments of everyone's imagination. Those citizens with common sense will stay home and if they feel an injustice was done will do something peacefully. Then there are those who are on TV tonight promoting violent unrest.

Guest TankerHC

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer,

Again, that isnt going to matter. Those are State Statutes on Self Defense and Civil Suits. These Civil Suits are not going to be at the State Level. Those Statutes are all but meaningless to a Federal Judge deciding to allow a Federal Civil "Rights" case. Watch and see if this doesnt turn into a case about violating Martins Civil Rights by killing him because he is/was black.

http://www.uscourts.gov/FederalCourts/UnderstandingtheFederalCourts/HowCourtsWork/CivilCases.aspx

BTW, that die has already been cast.

Federal charges

The FBI in March 2012 opened an investigation into the shooting of Trayvon Martin, which could potentially result in federal hate crimes charges being filed against George Zimmerman. The investigation was placed on hold pending the outcome of the trial. FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigators scoured Sanford in the spring of last year, and interviewed witnesses inside the Retreat at Twin Lakes gated community where the shooting took place, as well as other witnesses who could potentially be called during a federal case...

They are waiting in the wings.

EDIT: Sorry, I was a little late on the draw. 30 minutes before my post, the NAACP, currently holding their Convenstion in Orlando issued a statement. I cant recall word for word but it went something like this "There is still Justice to be served. We will request that the Justice Department bring Federal Charges on Civil Rights Violations against George Zimmerman".

Of course the President and Eric Holder will have to agree to do so. Considering they are ethical men, it probably wont happen. :-\

Edited by TankerHC

I will state this for the last time tonight. I will not debate this again. Go and read my old post.

Not asking up to debate. I don't really give a flip about your opinion. Just responding to your statement that a lot of posters here think that he was up to something just because of his presence. You sound like your pretty upset over the verdict. You probably need to take a valium and go to bed. You don't sound like you need to be reading these comments here.

• Like 1

Did anyone else watch the O'mara / Don West interview after the verdict? When West began to talk, you could hear O'mara saying "easy, easy......easy, easy".  :rofl:

West, when asked about the dynamics between him and the judge, only said, "I'd like to keep my bar license for another couple of years", and went on to the next question. :)

- OS

Doubt it makes him immune from federal civil rights suit, though. BHO will probably put the word in next week (although he'll know nothing about it until he hears it on the news, of course).

- OS

immune? No.

But DOJ ended their investigation of civil rights investigations months ago and if I remember correctly said there was nothing they could prosecute him on so I don't really think that's hanging over Zimmerman's head now.
Guest TankerHC

immune? No.

But DOJ ended their investigation of civil rights investigations months ago and if I remember correctly said there was nothing they could prosecute him on so I don't really think that's hanging over Zimmerman's head now.

Too late.

30 minutes before my post, the NAACP, currently holding their Convention in Orlando issued a statement. I cant recall word for word but it went something like this "There is still Justice to be served. We will request that the Justice Department bring Federal Charges on Civil Rights Violations against George Zimmerman".

Again, that isnt going to matter. Those are State Statutes on Self Defense and Civil Suits. These Civil Suits are not going to be at the State Level. Those Statutes are all but meaningless to a Federal Judge deciding to allow a Federal Civil "Rights" case. Watch and see if this doesnt turn into a case about violating Martins Civil Rights by killing him because he is/was black.

http://www.uscourts.gov/FederalCourts/UnderstandingtheFederalCourts/HowCourtsWork/CivilCases.aspx

BTW, that die has already been cast.

Federal charges

The FBI in March 2012 opened an investigation into the shooting of Trayvon Martin, which could potentially result in federal hate crimes charges being filed against George Zimmerman. The investigation was placed on hold pending the outcome of the trial. FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigators scoured Sanford in the spring of last year, and interviewed witnesses inside the Retreat at Twin Lakes gated community where the shooting took place, as well as other witnesses who could potentially be called during a federal case...

They are waiting in the wings.

EDIT: Sorry, I was a little late on the draw. 30 minutes before my post, the NAACP, currently holding their Convenstion in Orlando issued a statement. I cant recall word for word but it went something like this "There is still Justice to be served. We will request that the Justice Department bring Federal Charges on Civil Rights Violations against George Zimmerman".

Of course the President and Eric Holder will have to agree to do so. Considering they are ethical men, it probably wont happen. :-\

The feds did that a few times in the 60s, if they try it now I would think they will have to prove there was a racial motive in GZ killing TM. GZ didn't lynch TM from a tree in a town square in Mississippi so logically the feds can't prove racism.

BUT, logic and reality doesn't mean squat today with the federal government so anything can happen.

They didn't really do that did they?

I didn't see it personally, but there a bunch of folks complaining about it on reddit under the Zimmerman verdict thread

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1i92gv/george_zimmerman_found_not_guilty/

***Edit - Rereading it may be that they just interviewed children in general... still deplorable (and par for the liberal media course)

Edited by NoBanStan

Not asking up to debate. I don't really give a flip about your opinion. Just responding to your statement that a lot of posters here think that he was up to something just because of his presence. You sound like your pretty upset over the verdict. You probably need to take a valium and go to bed. You don't sound like you need to be reading these comments here.

You sound like you should be giving instructions to someone who respects your authority. I'll leave the drug use to you. Also, I'll read and respond to whatever I choose until David decides otherwise.
  • Like 1

Too late.

30 minutes before my post, the NAACP, currently holding their Convention in Orlando issued a statement. I cant recall word for word but it went something like this "There is still Justice to be served. We will request that the Justice Department bring Federal Charges on Civil Rights Violations against George Zimmerman".

They are in my hotel. I was amused when I saw a sign downstairs today.

I didn't see it personally, but there a bunch of folks complaining about it on reddit under the Zimmerman verdict thread

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1i92gv/george_zimmerman_found_not_guilty/

***Edit - Rereading it may be that they just interviewed children in general... still deplorable (and par for the liberal media course)

Kinda like the commercial except they are ratings suckers instead of rate suckers. It takes a lowlife IMO to exploit a child like that for your personal political opinion and that's what this Zimmerman case has been all about. Politics. As far a CNN goes, it's a group political opinion.