Guest ThePunisher

This is going to be my last post anywhere (the blog, Facebook, or TGO) about this case.  Trayvon Martin is dead because Trayvon Martin decided to unlawfully attack George Zimmerman.  Whether GZ's assumptions were accurate, whether he is a racist, whether he followed TM after the police told him to stop, or whether GZ could have used other means to end the assault, the single fatal gunshot was in response to a proactive attack made by Trayvon Martin.  He could have run away or gotten off the phone with his girlfriend and called the police, but instead, he decided to attack GZ.  
There are a lot of gun owners, including some on TGO, that need to think long and hard about this case because their words suggest they are quite willing to fire off a gunshot at the mere hint of aggressive behavior and/or take full advantage of the "stand your ground" provision of the law if given the chance.  As this case shows, one can easily find themselves sitting in the defendant's chair or dead because of they let their ego get in the way of prudent and wise decision-making.

Don't want to ever have to use my gun in SD, but if I get attacked from blindside and getting pummeled unmercifully.....well I'm not gonna take a beating.... maybe an ass whipping, but not a beating.

Don't want to ever have to use my gun in SD, but if I get attacked from blindside and getting pummeled unmercifully.....well I'm not gonna take a beating.... maybe an ass whipping, but not a beating.

This! Pray I never ever ever never have to pull it. Not gonna pull it unless I'm gonna use it.

It is going to be interesting to see by the results of 2014 & 2016 elections, if people have awakened, and are tired of this strong armed tyranny by these commies. I suspect the people will still be asleep and apathetic to the destruction of America.

What really makes you think even the next ten elections will actually make a difference?

I've seen nothing form ANY party (Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, or any other) that gives me any reason to think that either Congress, the Presidency or even the vast majority of their State equivalents have any desire whatsoever to shrink government or try to return to the boundaries of the Constitution.

Maybe you or someone has access to information I don't have but unless you do, I don't see how anything is going to change in even a remotely significant way.

• Like 1

I am going to be so careful, as I have always been, with situational awareness, that if I am to the point of "taking a beating" or an "ass whipping" it will be because a criminal took it upon himself to administer it.  I will do my best first, to not put myself in a situation that might possibly result in such an action, but then, I am not in charge of the world.  I will take neither, because I am not smart enough, or possess clairvoyant powers, to know when enough might just be too much.  Someone beating me in the head probably does not have my best interest at heart.

One of the most important questions asked in this whole trial was from O'Mara when he asked about the "next" blow, would it, or could it have caused great physical harm or death.  How does one anticipate that an aggressor is going to cease with an attack at some point that results in just a beating, and not an ass whipping?

I want somebody to tell me what training session I can attend that will teach me the methods needed to ascertain what a perp intends as the final result of a violent, physical assault.

Edited by Worriedman

Hawk, 

the way I see it is if there isn't some kind of network, other than  the internet,  we'll each find ourselves defending ourselves alone. With nobody on your 6 it won't be anything but a valiant battle never known of. Some mention of a Homeland  security activity.

I have my crystal ball out today and it says that the next best way for the media to continue to push this story long past its expiration date is to spend next week harping on the racial makeup of the jury, which seems to have been all "white" (by the new media definition of the term; white is now "not black"). 

Guest 6.8 AR

Hawk,
the way I see it is if there isn't some kind of network, other than the internet, we'll each find ourselves defending ourselves alone. With nobody on your 6 it won't be anything but a valiant battle never known of. Some mention of a Homeland security activity.

The Internet won't be around when something like you mention happens,
either. One way or another.

And I wouldn't expect much help, anyway. Our country has already lost
that gem.

And I wouldn't expect much help, anyway. Our country has already lost

that gem.

Baahh, keep your chin up. It was only 6 months ago that everyone I know was getting ready to kickoff a shooting war over sweeping gun control. First time I looked at the subject as not a bunch of silly anarchists, but folks who meant it. I'd say we got at least another generation before we're completely subdued wards of the state. Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

I have my crystal ball out today and it says that the next best way for the media to continue to push this story long past its expiration date is to spend next week harping on the racial makeup of the jury, which seems to have been all "white" (by the new media definition of the term; white is now "not black"). 

Well, there is 'white' and then there is 'white'.  See, all the 'hispanic', 'white', 'arabic' nonsense is just that - nonsense.  Those terms actually refer to comparatively minor difference which really only denote subgroups, not 'races'.  From a skeletal biology/evolutionary standpoint there are actually only three races:

1. Caucasoid.  This includes 'whites', 'arabs', 'hispanics' and, believe it or not, even Australian aboriginals (despite their dark skin.)  Features of a skull that indicate probability of being a caucasoid are the presence of a nasal seal, slight 'overbite' of the incisors with a lack of sub-nasal prognathism.  Largely North African/European in origin.

2. Negroid.  This refers mostly to people who can trace their modern ancestry to South Africa - i.e. 'black' people, African-Americans, etc. (which is another misnomer as all modern humans can trace at least part of their origins to some part of Africa or another so, technically, if going by ancestry we are ALL, ultimately, African-Americans in one way or another.)  Skull features of this racial group generally include the lack of a nasal seal, a comparatively broad nasal aperture and the presence of sub-nasal prognathism.

3. Mongloid.  This group includes most Asians and peoples of Asian ancestry - including Native Americans (which is further proof that Native American ancestors were of Asian stock and crossed a 'land bridge' to North America.)  Features of the skull include flaring zygomatic (cheek) bones, an edge-to-edge bite pattern (meaning the occlusal surfaces of the incisors meet, i.e. the top incisors rest directly on the bottom ones) and 'shovel-shaped' incisors.

Three races.  That is it.  'Hispanic' is an ethnic group, not a race.  So, Zimmerman is a Caucasoid - just like any 'whitey'. 

All that said, what the heck all of this has to do with whether or not Zimmerman acted in self defense I am not sure.  Maybe the fact that Martin was black contributed to Zimmerman's suspicion of him and maybe not.  I have said and will always believe that Zimmerman's decision to follow Martin was a bad idea but it really doesn't matter why he decided to do so.  Once Martin attacked him, he acted in self defense.  Ultimately - even though some people (myself included) believe that Zimmerman's decisions contributed to setting up a bad situation - the trial came down to whether or not he ultimately acted in self defense, just as it should have, and Zimmerman was found not guilty, just as he should have been.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 3
Guest ThePunisher

What really makes you think even the next ten elections will actually make a difference?

I've seen nothing form ANY party (Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, or any other) that gives me any reason to think that either Congress, the Presidency or even the vast majority of their State equivalents have any desire whatsoever to shrink government or try to return to the boundaries of the Constitution.

Maybe you or someone has access to information I don't have but unless you do, I don't see how anything is going to change in even a remotely significant way.

Good thing the Patriots of the Revolutionary War never lost hope in trying to change their tyrannical conditions they lived under. Apathy is the reason we've returned full cycle to government tyranny. Unless everyone has a change of attitude of how and what they can do to make a significant difference in helping keep our country a Constitutional Republic, then get ready soon to surrender all your liberties and freedoms. Stocking up on your guns and ammo is gonna be a waste of time and money. Get ready to die or become a good comrade.

Or become a new born patriot with a vision to help take back our country from government tyranny. We don't have to lose our country, liberty, and freedoms. Regain a sense of hope and vision for what our country stands for and how great it has always been b/c of its domcratic ideals. Don't let apathy cause us to lose our hope, dreams and country. Don't surrender to these commies.

Good thing the Patriots of the Revolutionary War never lost hope in trying to change their tyrannical conditions they lived under. Apathy is the reason we've returned full cycle to government tyranny. Unless everyone has a change of attitude of how and what they can do to make a significant difference in helping keep our country a Constitutional Republic, then get ready soon to surrender all your liberties and freedoms. Stocking up on your guns and ammo is gonna be a waste of time and money. Get ready to die or become a good comrade.

Or become a new born patriot with a vision to help take back our country from government tyranny. We don't have to lose our country, liberty, and freedoms. Regain a sense of hope and vision for what our country stands for and how great it has always been b/c of its domcratic ideals. Don't let apathy cause us to lose our hope, dreams and country. Don't surrender to these commies.

True, they didn't lose hope...they just started an armed rebellion!

My "lost hope" is in seeing anything change based on electing different people to office...even if I thought there were enough good people who could be elected at one time who actually wanted to affect change, which I don't, I think the country has gone too far.

Put another way, we aren't just heading down the river of economic collapse; we are a heartbeat away from going over the falls.

I see it as nothing more than a matter of time before a total economic collapse (unless something just as big happens first).

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

True, they didn't lose hope...they just started an armed rebellion!

My "lost hope" is in seeing anything change based on electing different people to office...even if I thought there were enough good people who could be elected at one time who actually wanted to affect change, which I don't, I think the country has gone too far.
Put another way, we aren't just heading down the river of economic collapse; we are a heartbeat away from going over the falls.

I see it as nothing more than a matter of time before a total economic collapse (unless something just as big happens first).

As far as enough good people that could bring change, I don't believe that is the problem. Representatives can always be replaced, and there has been recent evidence that voters took matters into their control at the ballot box. The '94 revolution comes to mind as well as 2010 midterm eclections. I haven't thrown in the white flag yet, b/c I believe there are still enough patriots still willing to fight for our democratic ideals to make a difference. There are probably some here on TGO who could make excellent representatives to take back our country.

Apathy is very contagious, and spreads quickly if not checked. The liberals use political tactics that try to make people lose hope, and ultimately look to government as their savior. We must not lose hope and fall prey to these commies. We have an uphill battle in taking back our country, and I've never seen in my long lifetime such despair for our country. But, if we surrender to apathy, our country will definitely be going over the falls. We've lost some battles recently, but as yet, we've not lost the war. Don't lose hope.

As far as enough good people that could bring change, I don't believe that is the problem. Representatives can always be replaced, and there has been recent evidence that voters took matters into their control at the ballot box. The '94 revolution comes to mind as well as 2010 midterm eclections. I haven't thrown in the white flag yet, b/c I believe there are still enough patriots still willing to fight for our democratic ideals to make a difference. There are probably some here on TGO who could make excellent representatives to take back our country.

Apathy is very contagious, and spreads quickly if not checked. The liberals use political tactics that try to make people lose hope, and ultimately look to government as their savior. We must not lose hope and fall prey to these commies. We have an uphill battle in taking back our country, and I've never seen in my long lifetime such despair for our country. But, if we surrender to apathy, our country will definitely be going over the falls. We've lost some battles recently, but as yet, we've not lost the war. Don't lose hope.

Sorry.

Problems too advanced; too severe...this won't be turned around with candidates or elections.

As I've said many times before, I'll keep voting...but not because I think it will make a difference.

• Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

Sorry.

Problems too advanced; too severe...this won't be turned around with candidates or elections.

As I've said many times before, I'll keep voting...but not because I think it will make a difference.

Then get ready to become a good comrade or die.
Guest Hound

I strongly believe that we as a nation are just one strong event crossing the line and one person/group actually stepping forward to rise up from an armed revolt.  Everyone is just kind of waiting to see who is going to do it first.

I strongly believe that we as a nation are just one strong event crossing the line and one person/group actually stepping forward to rise up from an armed revolt.  Everyone is just kind of waiting to see who is going to do it first.

Are you suggesting this is a good thing?

It appears he is merely stating what he perceives, not necessarily happy about it.

That's why I was asking.  We have a few drive-by revolutionaries on this forum now and again and I didn't want to miss an opportunity to flame them a bit.  :stir:

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
  • Like 1

I doubt it. Anyone that takes up arms against Americans will experience the same fate that would happen to a foreign country if they tried it. They would be labeled as terrorists and if any of them are left alive they would spend the rest of their life in prison.

I don’t think there are many that would see what happens and decide it looks like a good idea.

Our country will not be taken by force. If we are going to change it, we are going to change it at the polls. Many have died protecting this country and there are millions still here that will not see it taken by force.

I strongly believe that we as a nation are just one strong event crossing the line and one person/group actually stepping forward to rise up from an armed revolt. Everyone is just kind of waiting to see who is going to do it first.

Like Timothy McVeigh? I believe that was his goal.

They would be labeled as terrorists and if any of them are left alive they would spend the rest of their life in prison.

You mean the Feds would not send tanks, fighter jets and money to domestic combatants like they did to Morsi over in Egypt when the Muslim Brotherhood took power there and called for our destruction?  Don't think they would ship firearms to the "rebels" like they did to the cartels in Fast and Furious?  Maybe if the insurrection Hound intimates was simply the result of a hateful video (like maybe watching Holder's speech in front of the NAACP) on Youtube against the sensibilities of his referenced protesters, the Government would just say what difference does it make?  Don't think the government might call it something other than terrorism, like maybe workplace violence if some group started firing on, and killing, government troops, like Hasan did at Ft. Hood?

Dang, does not seem fair somehow, appears to be unequal treatment.

Edited by Worriedman