11 year old girl tasered by police.

DaveS

I heard a brief news report of an 11 year old girl being tasered by police. I'm still looking for the story. I don't buy it one minute that a grown man (or two) had to taser an 11 year old child! Folks I'm pretty much pro LEO, but this is getting out of hand. Will post the story when I find it.

Dave

Edited by DaveS

anything with infowars in the title makes the BS meter go up instantly.  they seemed to have left out this part of the report:

Oregon State Police officials said the state trooper had to shoot the autistic child with a taser to stop her from wandering down the highway and putting herself in danger.
  • Like 1

What about this one

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/06/osp_investigates_tasering_of_n.html

Oregon State Police is investigating an incident early Sunday morning in Ashland, where a trooper, trying to stop a naked 11-year-old girl from crossing Interstate 5 traffic lanes, used a taser on her.

Just after 4 a.m., a passing motorist spotted the girl, later identified as a husky 11-year-old girl suffering from autism, between mileposts 18 and 19.

The girl ignored the Good Samaritan's efforts to get her to stop, said Lt. Gregg Hastings, an OSP spokesman.

I will hold my thoughts for a bit.

Guest travr6

as terrible as it is, I would've tased the child too if it was going to keep her from walking out into an interstate.  That's just a crappy situation all around

Cops are extremely taser happy.

The taser was created to be used only when a gun would normally be used.

It has turned into a tool for them to not have to work up a sweat.

Tasering someone for their own good has been an overly used excuse for quite some time.

The more I read things like this, the less I like cops.

The more I deal with cops in person the less I like them.

I nor anyone in my family has ever needed a police officer to help.

Every experience I have had with a police officer has been a speeding ticket or a negative one.

They are trained to not be polite.

Trained to "take charge".

I don't the serve part of their motto is trained anymore.

If they really needed to protect the girl couldn't they have just parked their car in the middle of the road and stopped traffic?

Cops are extremely taser happy.

The taser was created to be used only when a gun would normally be used.

It has turned into a tool for them to not have to work up a sweat.

Tasering someone for their own good has been an overly used excuse for quite some time.

The more I read things like this, the less I like cops.

The more I deal with cops in person the less I like them.

I nor anyone in my family has ever needed a police officer to help.

Every experience I have had with a police officer has been a speeding ticket or a negative one.

They are trained to not be polite.

Trained to "take charge".

I don't the serve part of their motto is trained anymore.

If they really needed to protect the girl couldn't they have just parked their car in the middle of the road and stopped traffic?

Try not breaking the law and you might not have a negative experience. Funny how people complain after they have broken the law. I am a critic of bad officers but a officer writing you a speeding ticket is not a bad officer nor is it the officer's fault. Trust me when I say the vast majority of officers would rather not stop anyone and put their lives at risk.

Tasers help prevent injuries everyday and not just those from gun shot wounds. It prevents injuries that occur when chasing bad guys. It prevents injuries that occur when officers have to fight people for control. I would support using a taser over fighting or chasing a bad guy any day of the week. And any injuries caused to the bad guy during the use of the taser is not the officer's fault but the bad guys fault. They should have not chose to run or fight.

As far as the child a taser can go 20+ feet and an 11 year old with a 20' lead can probably out run a cop for 2x times that if they are in half way decent shape. That is 40' and if the girl was within than 40' range of the highway the taser may have saved her life. If you take an overweight, out of shape officer and pit them against most 11 year olds the child will run circles around them.

• Like 6

No one here was there so while we can speculate all day long that there may or may have been another way to handle it we certainly don't know that and at least this way was effective - this officer may well have saved that girl's life.

Getting tasered is certainly not fun but it's better than getting hit by a 3,000 vehicle.

• Like 1
FWIW, I have been punched hard, kicked hard, pepper sprayed, accidentally struck with a baton, deliberately struck with a broom stick, shot at, had a knife swatted at me, and tasered. Being tased may have been the least brutal of all. It is the only one I laugh when I talk about. Yes people have died because of preexisting medical conditions but I have also went to a DOA where a young guy died on the toilet of one also.
Personally, I have all the respect in the world for every good cop that hits the street each day. I've been stopped a few times for speeding but not stupid fast and usually it just creeped up on me. I've gotten a ticket about half the time, and the other half have received a warning to slow down. I have a scanner for weather mostly, and as a toy to listen to aircraft since I live close to the airport, but sometimes I do listen to the police. They do have to deal with some real bozos and its a hard job no doubt. Is easy to sit back and read these stories and imagine what happened and then pass judgement on these men and women, but not being there or seeing video of what happened, that's not really fair.

There are some really bad cops too. I've only been stopped twice though by what I consider crooked cops. I still shudder to think where a stop on me and my wife was heading in Miami by a dade county cop a couple of years ago until a Fl State Trooper stopped and walked up. It's a long story, but that Dade county cop suddenly wanted us out of there the instant the trooper walked up. I really wanted to talk to the trooper, but my wife said just leave.....now. So I did.
Guest travr6

Try not breaking the law and you might not have a negative experience. Funny how people complain after they have broken the law. I am a critic of bad officers but a officer writing you a speeding ticket is not a bad officer nor is it the officer's fault. Trust me when I say the vast majority of officers would rather not stop anyone and put their lives at risk.

I wasn't breaking the law when I was surrounded by 10+ cops with guns drawn who decided to slam me on the hood of a burning hot cop car and treat me like a murderer. I did absolutely nothing wrong and was treated like a pos.

I tried my best to help them in every way possible but they were too ignorant and power happy to listen.  After an hour and a half of being cuffed on the side of the road I was told to get out of here. I got no apology, just "Get out of here".  Apparently they finally listened to what I was telling them and found the right person.

The worst thing I have ever done is speed. That does not give a police officer to start the conversation with "Shut the #### up and get out of the god damn car".

I have absolutely no problem with a cop writing a ticket for speeding but they should be professional.

Your theory of not breaking the law has zero to do with it.

Most of my bad experineces with the police have nothing to do with me speeding.

Cops are on a power trip. It is instilled in them during training. They do not earn respect, they demand it. That always leads to a bad cop.

If you take an overweight, out of shape officer and pit them against most 11 year olds the child will run circles around them.

Again your assumption is not based on facts. The article clearly stated that the 11 year old was fat and it never stated that the police office was fat.

Edited by travr6
Clearly a case of abuse by police. The officer should have let her get hit by a car instead. Obviously that cop was just driving around looking for autistic children she could taser, and she found one.

I'll tell ya, if it were my kid I would I would want that officer to do anything within their power to stop my kid from being hit by a car. If that meant tasering them, I'm all for it. Obviously this cop did not know the situation. If she thought this kid was someone high on drugs, she did the best thing she could do. Would you want to wrestle a person on drugs only inches from where cars are going 80mph at 4 am? I doubt it. If your answer is "yes" you are so full of sh** it's comin out your ears. Edited by TMF
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
I think by this point it is k own I have zero tolerance for cops acting out of line. That being said, in this day and age, If I ran across a nude child of either gender, I would choose a taser of a tackle any day as well. Not gonna open myself up for that accusation ion any way.
Guest TankerHC

anything with infowars in the title makes the BS meter go up instantly.  they seemed to have left out this part of the report:

So how does that make it better? She was 11, two grown cops needed to tase an 11 year old autistic girl for her own good? BS. As I recall cops used to carry emergency equipment in their cars, and a blanket.

Edited by TankerHC
Guest TankerHC

Clearly a case of abuse by police. The officer should have let her get hit by a car instead. Obviously that cop was just driving around looking for autistic children she could taser, and she found one.

I'll tell ya, if it were my kid I would I would want that officer to do anything within their power to stop my kid from being hit by a car. If that meant tasering them, I'm all for it. Obviously this cop did not know the situation. If she thought this kid was someone high on drugs, she did the best thing she could do. Would you want to wrestle a person on drugs only inches from where cars are going 80mph at 4 am? I doubt it. If your answer is "yes" you are so full of sh** it's comin out your ears.

If they were close enough to Taze her they were close enough to grab her.

Guest TankerHC

So TM was just an innocent child, but this 11 year old autistic was a "woman".

And here is the reason they did it, had nothing to do with her safety "“I thought she was drugged. I thought she was on bath salts, too much meth, something.”

I dont give a sh__ what anyone says, I am not anti cop but I am definitely anti dumbazz cop.

And that quote isnt from Infowars, that quote is from their local news channel who interviewed the cop.

What if that 11 year old girl had a weak heart, what would have been their excuse if they killed her?

Edited by TankerHC