Do you carry with a round in the chamber?

Do you carry with a round in the chamber?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry with a round in the chamber?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest janwbrown616

I found a full 45 magazine one time that had been in a trunk in storage for a couple of years.

Took it outside and fired all rounds not a jam or nuthin....

My father in law still carries his revolvers with an empty round under the hammer. To each his own, but I agree, if it does not have a round in the chamber you might as well, leave it at home in a drawer.

Or better yet just file off the front sights so it won't hurt when you have to pull it out of your A--, after the BG shoves it up there.

I always carry with one in the chamber, and i carry a knife with the blade attached (for those commmie establishments where we can not go in fully protected). Now, my gun in the glove box (back up in case the other runs out of ammo) does not have one in the chamber, but if i am pulling it out i can easily rack it as I pull.

I've seen people demonstrate Israeli draw and charging the gun on the holster type crap. First off any military unit that is actively fighting is going to be cocked, locked, and ready to rock. Different if you're walking around an embassy I guess.

Anyway by the time anyone can get a gun out of a holster and rack the slide I've already got two rounds off. That's if they don't FUBAR their sight or shoot themselves in the hip...

Guest bkelm18

One of the best examples I have ever heard went along the lines of: Imagine a crack addict bursting through your door, tackling you to the ground, and attempting to stab you in the eye with a ball point pen. Now explain how you are going to rack your slide and kill him?

One of the best examples I have ever heard went along the lines of: Imagine a crack addict bursting through your door, tackling you to the ground, and attempting to stab you in the eye with a ball point pen. Now explain how you are going to rack your slide and kill him?

Poor guy has probably been discriminated against his whole life and is probably just looking for the opportunity to advance himself up the social ladder. Maybe the time it took me to go to my safe, open it, take the trigger lock off, load the weapon and prepare to defend myself, he'd have a change of heart and we could both sit down, share in a big hug and discuss the atrocities the middle and upper class have committed against him.... Err, Sorry, I was just reading an article about DC and got confused:confused:

I found a full 45 magazine one time that had been in a trunk in storage for a couple of years.

Took it outside and fired all rounds not a jam or nuthin....

My father in law still carries his revolvers with an empty round under the hammer. To each his own, but I agree, if it does not have a round in the chamber you might as well, leave it at home in a drawer.

Or better yet just file off the front sights so it won't hurt when you have to pull it out of your A--, after the BG shoves it up there.

+1:tough:

I carry a 1911 and don't have a problem carrying one in the pipe.

I don't go cock and locked, though.

Recently, as of last year, I bought my first Glock (21SF) and have thought about carrying it.

I'm a little leary of the safety on these things. Once you've got one in the pipe the only safety is not having your finger on the trigger.

Anybody want to throw in on this??:D

I carry a 1911 and don't have a problem carrying one in the pipe.

I don't go cock and locked, though.

Recently, as of last year, I bought my first Glock (21SF) and have thought about carrying it.

I'm a little leary of the safety on these things. Once you've got one in the pipe the only safety is not having your finger on the trigger.

Anybody want to throw in on this??:D

This post could start another Civil War.

IMO, I would stick with the 1911 (or trade the glock for an XD). The argument from the Glock crowd is that you should keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire which is fine, but there is no forgiveness for accidently snagging the trigger on anything. I carry an XD because I prefer having the grip safety, which if you are 1911 guy you are used to it, but it means that the gun will not fire unless I have my hand around the grip and I am pulling the trigger.

Guest pjblurton

I do carry one in the pipe. Mine will not go boom without it.

As a side note, I always treat every weapon as if it were loaded so I do not handle it any differently or more cautiously than normal...

If you have a good holster and you know how to actually carry a gun... nothings going to "snag" on the trigger. Thank goodness for trigger guards.

When i carried a Glock i was confident enough to know that it wasnt going to go off unless i pushed the bang button. Knowledge about a guns mechanics will only increase that confidence. Its a amazing how few people actually know how their gun works... and i dont mean pull trigger, hit primer, boom.

Not to sound like a a-hole. :D

This post could start another Civil War.

That thought entered my mind about the time I pressed the "enter" key.:screwy:

IMO, I would stick with the 1911 (or trade the glock for an XD). The argument from the Glock crowd is that you should keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire which is fine, but there is no forgiveness for accidently snagging the trigger on anything. I carry an XD because I prefer having the grip safety, which if you are 1911 guy you are used to it, but it means that the gun will not fire unless I have my hand around the grip and I am pulling the trigger.

Being the 1911 man that I am, I think I'll stick with the one that I'm carrying currently and just use the G.L.O.C.K. at the range and/or for one of my house guns.;)