VersaCarry?

No chance. Not putting anything in the barrel of my gun, first off. Plus it only saves the width of an inner Kydex sheet so .60 of an inch. This is not an improvement over the Comptac Buy an IWB model from one o the kydex holster brands and be done. Comp Tac Raven Concealment Edited by Lumber_Jack

I would bet most who post negatively about the Vesa Carry have not tried it.  I use one routinely.  Very easy to put on and take off.  Routinely it is comfortable, and very good concealment.  Releases the gun easily.  Oh yeah, haven't shot myself either and I carry with one in the pipe.

I would bet most who post negatively about the Vesa Carry have not tried it. I use one routinely. Very easy to put on and take off. Routinely it is comfortable, and very good concealment. Releases the gun easily. Oh yeah, haven't shot myself either and I carry with one in the pipe.

Still doesn't change the fact that part of the holster is inserted into the barrel. What if it breaks off and doesn't fall out?

I agree that it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Traditional holsters work just fine. I just don't see the advantage to this holster over a traditional one.
  • Like 1
Saw one in person tonight (Gander Mountain stocks them). Uh. No.

I was asking on the off chance that someone had gotten hands on one and was pleasantly surprised.

This seems to be a 10' pole w/ a kevlar vest item. ... Don't think I would touch it even with that.

I tried one on a Gum Creek vehicle holster mount under the steering wheel of my truck. I didn't wind up using it, but I still think the idea behind the holster isn't as bad as everyone lets on. Despite not using it, myself, I have to admit that you probably couldn't break the tip off inside the barrel without trying real hard. I know someone who carries with one and he likes his.

I mean, it isn't for everyone (including me), but I don't think they're a front-runner for worst idea in the firearm industry.

I love my VersaCarry. I carry the XDS so the grip safety and safe handling allay any worries I might have about the body side trigger exposure. I loaded up with snap caps and tried purposefully to cause a trigger pull with all sorts of motion along the belt, take off and put back on, and couldn't make it happen even with the grip safety disengaged.

I also have a CBST and FirearmHolster.com IWB but I can't get used to them because the VersaCarry is so much more comfortable. They are up for sale now.

The barrel retention rod is not going to break, and even if it did the diameter is slightly smaller than the caliber and won't get stuck in the barrel. Even if you are so paranoid you don't believe me, how hard is it to break down the weapon and push it out with a punch or screwdriver?

If you've seen the videos where they turn the VersaCarry with gun upside down and the VersaCarry retains the gun, the retention has nothing to do with the diameter of the barrel retention rod. The retention rod is angled toward the side of the VersaCarry and it's the pressure of the retention rod against the side of the barrel that retains the gun. It's really quite impressive. You insert the barrel at a 45 degree angle onto the retention rod and then align the gun parallel to the VersaCarry to push the barrel retention rod away from the side of the VersaCarry, which allows the gun to be pushed into place. Essentially the barrel retention rod is pushing against the side of the barrel to retain the gun.

Draw is easy and fast too. Personally it's the most comfortable carry method I have found so far. There is a spot at about 3:30 on my hip where I hardly feel the gun even though the rear of the slide and grip is against my skin (I typically carry in jeans and a t-shirt.) At this location on my hip I've even driven for several hours straight with no discomfort.

Edited by wtl