Threads going south

Shug

Highland Park is fine if you can't get scotch, Dickel,  well the words I have for it go like this.   ******* brown **** puddle water that pretends to be drinkable, slightly better than ****** ******* JDa whole other 

meh

I'd rather have GD12 than Jack 7

Now Jack single barrel is a whole other topic.

None of the above go well with mustard however.

meh

I'd rather have GD12 than Jack 7

Now Jack single barrel is a whole other topic.

None of the above go well with mustard however.

well aside from they both are horrible how do you compare a 12 year old with # 7?   

Mustard is very over rated in general,  I am guessing the love of it originated in Memphis

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 1

That doesn't help your case. Once you leave the panhandle, the rest of Florida is not the south. It's a chunk of Long Island that broke off and drifted down.

You never visited Polk county FL.  There are still some parts of FL that still don't know the war ended.  At lest up till 13 years ago when we escaped from the onslaught...

that is flat out not true.   Very little of Florida is like Long Island.    Del Ray and most of Boca Raton I will not argue about.  Once you clear Palm Beach County going north it is crackerville.  South of Palm Beach County is another country.  Anything much over several miles inland is very much not Yankee like.

Bingo.  Although it's been spreading like cancer the last few years.

• Like 1

that is flat out not true.   Very little of Florida is like Long Island.    Del Ray and most of Boca Raton I will not argue about.  Once you clear Palm Beach County going north it is crackerville.  South of Palm Beach County is another country.  Anything much over several miles inland is very much not Yankee like.

Nope. You've been gone too long apparently. A lot has changed since you left. There is a reason Florida helped elect Obama twice.

Yes there are some podunk, backwoods towns in Florida but they are few and far between. 

Wait....are we talking about sex again?

Depends on whether he had his socks on or not whether hes actually nautralized. This thread is like a train wreck, on fire, running over a school bus full of those dogs on those horrible commercials.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 1

Nope. You've been gone too long apparently. A lot has changed since you left. There is a reason Florida helped elect Obama twice.

Yes there are some podunk, backwoods towns in Florida but they are few and far between. 

drive south down 441, me thinks you don't leave Orlando much and see the state.

Wait....are we talking about sex again?

there was no sex involved, just some beer and words that were prayer like

Guest Lester Weevils

and Canada Dry Ginger Ale is not very good. I need to find some Vernor's

The only thing that gives me heartburn worse than ginger ale is champagne.

Wife is a naturalized yankee and she normally wont drink any kind of carbonated beverage, but had an upset stomach recently and I got her a 12 pack of schwepps ginger ale at her request, of which she drank one, so I've been trying to gradually finish off the rest. Well actually she immigrated from southern rural Michigan, which is almost the same thing as a southerner, like canadians are almost the same thing as americans.

Strangely the schwepps doesn't cause terminal heartburn, but on the other hand doesn't taste like ginger ale. More like "incredibly generic" mountain dew, sugar dissolved in seltzer water. Edited by Lester Weevils

I figured, but I needed the excuse to talk about gingers being tasty. :lol:

Gingers are scary like clowns.   Something about red hair.  The less red the hair the less evil they seem.

You would be evil no matter how red you are.   ;)

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Gingers are scary like clowns. Something about red hair. The less red the hair the less evil they seem.

You would be evil no matter how red you are. ;)

Why thank you. Your kindness is touching, that'll cost you extra.
  • Like 1

That doesn't help your case. Once you leave the panhandle, the rest of Florida is not the south. It's a chunk of Long Island that broke off and drifted down.

That is simply not true. There's more rednecks in Florida than Tennessee; I can bet you that for sure. Orlando, Tampa and Miami don't define the state, they just provide a perception to outsiders who only go there to see Mickey Mouse, beaches and Margaritaville.

You live in Orlando. Take your but 30 minutes north into Lake County and get back to me. My home town just got its second traffic light two months ago.

Boo! It's all about the Krystal's burgers!! They put a spanking on White Castle any day of the week.

Incidentally, there is apparently an indeterminent time period where someone who was born a Yankee can repent and become a good southerner. The timeframe is different for everyone though and no one can say for sure just what an individuals timeframe is.

Me myself, I guess I'll always be a Yankee one way or the next, oh well.

Hey, any of you all try the new Doritos taco at Taco Bell? Mas Piccanty...

I thought you were from out west ? That makes you a damn hippie.