Robber tries to stick up clerk, an Iraq Veteran who turns and shoves a pistol right in his mouth

Robber tries to stick up clerk, an Iraq Veteran who turns and shoves a pistol right in his mouth

Store owner: Gun-carrying clerk is an exception

Written by Stephen Herzog

Jeannine Dawson has always been against the idea of having guns in her stores, but Sunday evening was different.

She and her husband, Max, own two liquor stores called Beer 30, and their Marionville store was being robbed Sunday night until their new clerk acted.

An armed man entered the store and pointed a gun at Jon Alexander. But the clerk, a 30-year veteran of the military, quickly pushed the robber’s gun away and drew his own — placing the gun at the robber’s mouth.

The would-be robber held his gun at his side and quickly backed out of the store.

Dawson said Alexander was hired two months ago — he started on the Fourth of July. He asked her whether she would mind him carrying his gun when he worked.

“From what I have known of Jon, that handgun is kind of a part of him, like my handbag is to me,” she said. Knowing his background, the Dawsons agreed to let him carry the gun on the job.

In this case, it appears to have worked out.

The surveillance video was turned over to police, Dawson said, but she hasn’t heard any updates.

“My experience with police is that they usually don’t involve you in what they’re doing unless they need to,” she said. “We’ve had some break-ins that we haven’t heard about until they were ready to prosecute.”

But friends have come forward with information, she said, including one who gave her the name of the person believed to have attempted the robbery.

Otherwise, it’s been business as usual, though Dawson has enjoyed showing the video, on her phone, to friends.

“They’re shocked when they see the robber pull a gun, but then they’re just delighted when Jon stops him,” she said.

While the footage itself is still a little shocking, Dawson said she’s not surprised at how Alexander reacted.

“If I would have predicted how he would act in that situation, it would have been pretty similar to that,” she said.

That, of course, is not what employees are directed to do in the case of a robbery.

Dawson said they’re instructed to hand over the money and stay safe. And this event hasn’t led her to change her mind about armed employees.

“I don’t know what I would say if someone else asked to carry a gun,” she said. “Jon’s the exception.”

(Video)

http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?&width=640&height=360&flashID=myExperience&wmode=transparent&bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&playerID=1743999108001&publisherID=41823000001&isVid=true&isUI=true&dynamicStreaming=true&omnitureAccountID=gpaper171%2Cgntbcstglobal&pageContentCategory=NEWS&pageContentSubcategory=NEWS01&marketName=Springfield%3Anews-leader&revSciZip=&revSciAge=&revSciGender=&division=newspaper&SSTSCode=&adServerURL=http%3A%2F%2Fpubads.g.doubleclick.net%2Fgampad%2Fads%3Fenv%3Dvp%26gdfp_req%3D1%26impl%3Ds%26output%3Dxml_vast2%26iu%3D7103%2Fmo-springfield-C1042%2FVideo_prestream%2Fnews%26sz%3D640x480%26unviewed_position_start%3D1%26ciu_szs%3D300x250%26cmsid%3D3888%26cust_params%3Dcompanion%253Dyes%2526tremorid%253D61988%2526organizationid%253D1%2526maxAdDuration%253D15%2526videotitle%253DCaught-on-Camera-Clerk-Puts-His-Gun-In-Robber-s-Face-to-Thwart-Robbery%2526videodescription%253DJon_20Lewis_20Alexander_2C_2054_2C_20of_20Marionville_2C_20thwarted_20a_20robbery_20at_20about_209_20p.m._20at_20Beer_2030_20on_20East_20Logan_20Street_20in_20Marionville_20_E2_80_94_20after_20the_20would-be_20robber_20pulled_20a_20gun_20first._20Pushes_20gun_20aside_20and_20draws_20own_209mm_20to_20point_20at_20robbers_20face.%2526videopageurl%253Dhttp_3A_2F_2Fwww.news-leader.com_2Farticle_2F20130903_2FNEWS01_2F309040042_2F-1_2F7daysarchives_2FStore-owner-Gun-carrying-clerk-an-exception_3Fnclick_check_3D1%2526videourl%253D%2526videowidth%253D640%2526videoheight%253D360%2526pos%253DVideo_prestream%2526kw%253DStore%25252Cowner%25253A%25252CGun-carrying%25252Cclerk%25252Cis%25252Cexception%26correlator%3D415099380416%26&autoStart=&debuggerID=&startTime=1378302596447

(Story)

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20130903/NEWS01/309040042/-1/7daysarchives/Store-owner-Gun-carrying-clerk-an-exception?nclick_check=1

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Show-me the money? How about I show you my gun?

Screen-Shot-2013-09-03-at-5.58.07-PM.png

Jon Lewis Alexander, 54 year old veteran and eminent badass!

Jon Lewis Alexander  is an Iraq veteran who served four tours of duty in his 30 years in the military. Video surveillance from a convenience store in Marionville, Missouri shows a thief entering and hesitatingly pulling a gun on Alexander. But the 54 year old war vet didn’t go through hell and come out clean on the other side just to take a bullet from some low-life thug. The grizzled vet whips out his Walther PPX 9mm handgun and shoves it right in the would-be thief’s mouth.

The News-Leader.com reports:

Alexander said the man walked in smoking a cigarette, which he was promptly told to put out. The thief then reached for his gun and demanded “all the (expletive deleted) money.” The veteran reacted quickly, throwing down the thief’s arm. Alexander [sic] tehn drew his own weapon and, according to the report, threatened to “blow his (expletive deleted) head off.”

Do you feel lucky punk?

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/robber-tries-to-stick-up-clerk-an-iraq-veteran-who-turns-and-shoves-a-pistol-right-in-his-mouth-video/

Edited by QuietDan
Guest The Itis

That robber acted like he didn't even have bullets in that thing. Was hoping to rob the store with simple intimidation by brandishing or something. So silly.

I didn't care for the owner's statement basically saying that if you are a 30-year military veteran guns are ok, but everyone else is a no-no.

It is kind of like that idiot mom representing Mothers For Action, (I think that was the name), that was interviewed on FOX, (because she was organizing the boycott of Starbucks), when she said people think they can channel their inner Rambo and it won't cut it. She went on to say that only LEO's have enough training to carry arms.