WalMart FINALLY has what everybody's looking for!!

IMG_20130930_082519_418_zps46d9300c.jpg

That's right! 25 ACP!!! I can't believe what good luck I have! And I was nice, I left some for everybody else! ;-)

But seriously... a bum day for finding 22. I had today off, which NEVER happens, so I hit Academy in Smyrna when they opened and... nothing.... just 9 that was too expensive. :-( Got a few boxes of CCI Quiet 22 on Nolensville/Harding but there wasn't much there. Wasted day off. :/
I like Duck Dynasty, and I don't begrudge them their new found fame. I actually bought a few $2 Uncle Si cups last week. Wifey loves her pink one! My head isn't so far up my rump I can't simply enjoy it for what it's worth. We're gunna drink out of something anyways, $2 isn't a bad price whether it's branded or not.

That's right! 25 ACP!!! I can't believe what good luck I have! And I was nice, I left some for everybody else! ;-)

But seriously... a bum day for finding 22. I had today off, which NEVER happens, so I hit Academy in Smyrna when they opened and... nothing.... just 9 that was too expensive. :-( Got a few boxes of CCI Quiet 22 on Nolensville/Harding but there wasn't much there. Wasted day off. :/

$20 for 50 rounds of .22 +P .25 ACP? I think I just threw up in my mouth. :puke:

• Like 1

Its because nobody but the French have .25s and they deserve to be price gouged.

Wrong snail breath, I have 2, and I cast and reload for them. :wave:

Edited by RED333

$20 for 50 rounds of .22 +P .25 ACP? I think I just threw up in my mouth. :puke:

That's actually pretty much what the price was before the current scare/shortage/panic.  For about a year, the Remington ammo like that in the OP was cheaper at Bass Pro in Sevierville than at Walmart (was $17.xx at Bass Pro and $19.xx at Wally) but the last time I was in Bass Pro the price was the same as Wally.

I, for one, am glad to see .25acp ammo coming back.  I've seen a box or two at some of the Wally locations around here, lately.  I have a couple of boxes at home so have resisted buying any, so far. but might give in soon.  I just wish the price would come down.

I have a Titan .25 that I enjoy shooting because one of those (not the same one) was the first handgun I ever owned.  I bought a Phoenix .25 as a plinker during the last shortage because .25acp ammo was all I could reliably find (and then it dried up, too.)  I got rid of the Phoenix after I found and bought the Titan.  No, it isn't a powerhouse round but it is fun to shoot and trigger time is trigger time.

Wrong snail breath, I have 2, and I cast and reload for them. :wave:

Do you really reload .25acp or are you just kidding around?  I ask because I have wondered how much wailing and gnashing of teeth would be involved in reloading .25acp.  I imagine the powder charge would be miniscule - do you have a scale that can measure a charge that small or do you use a scoop, etc.?  I like shooting my .25 but don't like paying the going rate for ammo.  I don't cast but I might eventually consider reloading .25, especially if .22LR ammo doesn't return pretty soon and at a reasonable price.

Yes I do reload 25, .5 grans of titegroup and my scale reads it just fine.

The pain is getting the powder into the case, so I made a trickle measure,

Piece of brake line, cut a "V" notch in the tube, drilled holes into a pill bottle.

Turn the tube and just a few grans of powder come out till I get .5 gr of powder.

Mold is 50 gran round nose, cycles and shoots well.

Yes I do reload 25, .5 grans of titegroup and my scale reads it just fine.

The pain is getting the powder into the case, so I made a trickle measure,

Piece of brake line, cut a "V" notch in the tube, drilled holes into a pill bottle.

Turn the tube and just a few grans of powder come out till I get .5 gr of powder.

Mold is 50 gran round nose, cycles and shoots well.

Thanks for the info!