Season 4

Oh Shoot

I got bored and started looking up what kills pigs and humans. Its called the nipah virus. It kills pigs by affecting their respiratory system and humans by encephalitis/swelling of the brain. First symptoms are flu like and it some cases can cause bleeding. The only flaw to my theory is that they believe it to be transmitted to pigs by the flying fox (big a$$ fruit bat looking thing).
Im just kind of curious how the boar/pig were infected unless its a water supply thing.
Im pretty sure I am over thinking it and its just an to the thrax. (Spaced so that the black helicopters wont come and get me).

My vote would be for something a little more mainstream.  If i had to guess i would say Hemorrhagic fever.

My vote would be for something a little more mainstream.  If i had to guess i would say Hemorrhagic fever.

Yeah, it didn't look like he was gonna get up as a zed. But maybe he will, dunno if those were supposed to be "zombie eyes" or not.

- OS

I think its an indicator of which zeds were killed by the disease.  If one recalls the walker they focused on a couple of times at the wall, it had similar eyes.  It also looked way to fresh when compared with the others.   Maybe this season we get faster more aggressive zeds

Guest nra37922

I think its an indicator of which zeds were killed by the disease.  If one recalls the walker they focused on a couple of times at the wall, it had similar eyes.  It also looked way to fresh when compared with the others.   Maybe this season we get faster more aggressive zeds

TWD could easily morph into a WWZ clone if they go down the faster zombie route...

Guest Augustus

Carl is starting to get on my nerves. Well actually, he always has. But now, he acts like he's an adult, and for God's sake take that fucking hat off.

As a structural engineer I have all kinds of problems with the store roof collapse. First, roofs are flimsy, especially in the south with no snow and a long way from hurricane coasts. Absolutely no way one would withstand a crash from a massive helicopter with no damage visible from below. Second, as already been covered, the wandering zombies would have long since fallen through the weak spots.

Pig: Realistically, farm animals die all the time, especially without access to medicine. But since this is part of an apocalypse show I'm sure it'll be something important. Also, why wasn't the resident veterinarian, Hershal, at least looking at the sick pig? 

Zombies on the fence: Why aren't dead bodies piling up outside the fence? On one of their supply runs they need to locate a tractor with a full cab and a front-end loader. Dig large pits around the jail and when the zombies bunch up outside the fence just push the crowd into a pit.

Complacency: There's no way they should be getting complacent. They keep talking about the people they're losing; Hershal's daughter doesn't even cry anymore.

Snares: With all those zombies around, how in the world are there any animals left alive outside the fence??? And the thrashing around and crying from a freshly snared animal would immediately call all zombies in the area.

Seems like they are going heavily on the drama route this season.

I am not sure about the change in Carol, but I understand what drives it.

Yes, Carol does seem greatly more outgoing and forceful. No more whining around and asking permission; just doing and going forwards with training the kids.

Maybe it's all that time spent with Darryl.

Any guesses on the mystery zombie feeder? Or the person responsible for the end of last nights episodes? If I had to guess, the zombie feeder is one of the little girls that Carol was helping last night, probably the older one. She seemed pretty fixated on that one zombie while they were out standing by the fence.

ETA: I have no guesses on the killer

Edited by reed1285

Lol, it's amazing that we haven't had any posts about Sunday's episode.  (or maybe not so amazing).

I'll get things started ... 

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .........

Honestly, I dug the episode overall, and I can see they are just trying to set things up for future episodes.  The Mega-Horde was kinda cool too.  Once people start turning in the quarantine room, things will get interesting too.  I think they (the show) are just getting warmed up.  So what I'm saying is I'm optimistic that things are gonna go south real quick for our band of survivors, which means more action, which I like.

I can still say this about TWD, it's my most anticipated show each week.  However, that being said, my anticipation for each episode this season has been way lower than for last season.

Edit: I'm just here killing time when I should be working ... better get back to work so I can go to lunch.

Edited by JGunner
.......The Mega-Horde was kinda cool too.  .

I thought that pretty much made the whole episode worthwhile myself. Epic scale CGI is everywhere, but haven't really seen any in TWD till that. Also chilling to think that no place is ultimately really safe from a mega horde, just as the Israeli wall failed and all forces failed in Yonkers battle in World War Z.

- OS

• Like 1

I thought that pretty much made the whole episode worthwhile myself. Epic scale CGI is everywhere, but haven't really seen any in TWD till that. Also chilling to think that no place is ultimately really safe from a mega horde, just as the Israeli wall failed and all forces failed in Yonkers battle in World War Z.

- OS

If you watch the talking dead from the week before Greg nicotero said that all the people in that scene were real there was no cgi in that scene. I thought that was what made that scene truly epic!!!

I'll give it a couple more episodes, if it doesnt get better I will have to find something else to do.

i am with you here.  I DVR it and sort of watch it while I am doing other stuff.  Used to be I could not wait for it to come on. now it is a lot of "meh".  I think the whole zombie crappola is played out.

I am not sure if BB ruined me for other shows but none of the ones I used to look forward to hold my interest much anymore.

If you watch the talking dead from the week before Greg nicotero said that all the people in that scene were real there was no cgi in that scene. I thought that was what made that scene truly epic!!!

Speaking of the Talking Dead - last week with M Manson on it, I had to turn it off.  His ability to slowly process information made it painful... he's a freaking waste of human tissue.  I felt sorry for the producer or whatever she was on the show with him.

You have that confused with another scene around the prison he was talking about. The mega horde on the road was mostly CGI.

I can assure you they didn't have 5,000 human extras there.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Speaking of the Talking Dead - last week with M Manson on it, I had to turn it off.  His ability to slowly process information made it painful... he's a freaking waste of human tissue.  I felt sorry for the producer or whatever she was on the show with him.

Many of the "star" guests they have make it pretty painful, but yeah, Manson was perhaps the worst of the ones I've seen.

- OS

I thought it was a pretty weak episode. Yeah, did clear up a few things .But  just didn't have a lot going for it. Herschel reaming Rick and then his older daughter was about the highlight for me. Then Carol telling Rick she was the one who killed and burned the 2 infected' but I sorta suspected that with all the comments about her caring for the children and teaching them how to defend themselves with knives.