Season 4

Oh Shoot

If you watch the talking dead from the week before Greg nicotero said that all the people in that scene were real there was no cgi in that scene. I thought that was what made that scene truly epic!!!

IIRC It's what OS said, only about 200ish were real people, and the rest were CGI.  They said its also very difficult to tell where the real people end and where the CGI begins.  I haven't gone back to really look yet.  The producer also said even though she wasn't there that she guesses they had about 4 hours to film that scene with the mega horde.

Also yeah, this week's episode of talking dead was hard to watch.  I didn't watch it all at once LOL.

You have that confused with another scene around the prison he was talking about. The mega horde on the road was mostly CGI.

I can assure you they didn't have 5,000 human extras there.

- OS

ahhh ok i thought it was that scene they were talking about, still 200 people dressed as zeds is a cool thing to see

yeah that whole manson thing was just down right so bad i would have rather been cod shotted with a steel toe then ever watch that again

Overall, I like the show.  But here is one thing I find interesting...in the apocalypse, isn't food always a main concern?  One of the reasons why I liked Adrian's Undead Diary was the constant threat of running out of food and having to go get it.

Lately, there has been a lot of staring into each others eyes in the show.  I get it, you want to develop character stories, but the main characters are OVER developed it seems.

I will continue to watch it, DVR and fast forward through commercials is the best way.

Overall, I like the show.  But here is one thing I find interesting...in the apocalypse, isn't food always a main concern?  One of the reasons why I liked Adrian's Undead Diary was the constant threat of running out of food and having to go get it.

Lately, there has been a lot of staring into each others eyes in the show.  I get it, you want to develop character stories, but the main characters are OVER developed it seems.

I will continue to watch it, DVR and fast forward through commercials is the best way.

Character development is important but story development is far more important in my mind, if the story isn't any good what in the hell is expanding on the shows cast gonna do when your audience is pissed, I think that's what they were hot potatoing last season.

"It was a nice watch."

What's that old line..."Damning with faint praise" I usually catch it with OnDemand as my wife is a Good Wife junkie(and lately I guess I have been too).

If it weren't for Sleepy Hollow, I'd say this fall tv season is a complete bust...wait, I forgot Blacklist. It's pretty good, but I noted a weakening in the last 2 episodes. 

I dunno, I'm kind of digging this season. I think the show lost it's way last season with it being all about the two groups fighting and the walkers were just background noise. The first season was great because it was all about how to survive against the walkers. This season it is all about the walkers again, but the enemy is within this time, with the threat of anyone turning.

I was wondering if the sickness was coming from their water supply. I saw that they just pull it from a nasty creek. No telling what foul dead thing is rotting in the creek just upstream.

...I was wondering if the sickness was coming from their water supply. I saw that they just pull it from a nasty creek. No telling what foul dead thing is rotting in the creek just upstream.

Yeah, they've never gone into any detail about their water purification or anything.

I think when Carol knocked over the water jugs, that I guess with one being on top of the other, it suggested a filtration system?  Which of course wouldn't necessarily be adequate against the smaller stuff in water.  Not to mention all the godawful chemical stuff that would find its way into water after a complete breakdown of society, that no filtration or even boiling or distillation would necessarily remove.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest Wesley33
Yeah I literally laughed out loud when he called it an "operating rod."

And would you really go full auto or even three round burst when you need accurate shots to the head to kill the zombie. Just saying...

It was a good 5 mins of action though. It only took almost the entire episode to get to that point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about those ar special effects....

Be sure to pull that operating rod back. Maybe thats a legit name for it idk, ive only ever heard it called a charging handle.

^ this. Do the people who direct or write these shows have no understanding of the firearms they are using. And yes I know the answer to that. My other pet peeve is how long a 30 round mag last while on full auto. I have shot 3 round burst rifles and a mag goes down very quickly. 

Well, the continuing unrealistic gun glitches aside, thought it was a solid episode. Rather despairing, as they lose so many, things falling apart, and the Guv shows when they're at their weakest, etc.

Was nice to see that what's his name on Talking Dead reversed his comment about antibiotics needed for viruses from last show.

Also, first dogs I believe I've seen in whole show, at first of segment, eating the still moving zed? Pretty striking image.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Aren't we so nit picky??  LOL

I thought the episode was pretty good, nice to see more action than usual.

When there is a dialogue between two of the main characters, isn't it odd that nothing happens, no threat of zombies and the characters know it too.  Seems to me, I'd be on hyper alert when the threat of someone dying exists in the sick bay pretty much at any moment.

I'm a little tired of Gramps concerned about the kids seeing him kill a zombie, doesn't this just put everyone else in more danger?  And what's the point anyway?  That God fearin' former alcohol lovin vet doctor has a tender side?

Operating rod...I can get past that, hell, if 200 zombies were coming my way, I'd probably call it a thingie too.  

The Governor standing in the woods...Geesh.  I didn't care for him the first go round and he isn't bad enough of a character for me to care if he came back.  Too cliche for a drama and only a few have ever made it work well.  I think of Krycek from the X files when every time he showed up, we mumbled "Krycek" under our breath.  The Governor?  get over your dead zombie daughter already.

I think maybe it was a point of a proud father how to teach his son how to fire a weapon like this..

Maybe I seen something that others did not or maybe I seen something that wasn't there ..

And as far as I can remember.. he never handled a  big gun like this? or did I miss it?

Mac mentioned the dogs.. Now that they are eating  walkers.. does it mean they will turn ? if wonder if that had any significance ?I cant imagine dealing with a horde of " walking dogs"

Mac mentioned the dogs.. Now that they are eating  walkers.. does it mean they will turn ? if wonder if that had any significance ?I cant imagine dealing with a horde of " walking dogs"

Who knows. Like with all things zombie related, you have to have a heaping dose of suspension of disbelief for the "logic" of infection.

I mean, ONLY a bite turns you? C'mon, like there's something in zed saliva only that infects you, but not any of the other systemic goo they get all over them, into cuts, nose, mouth, eyes, whatever? All of those are also blood crossing entries for infection, and safe to posit that even if it was only the "saliva" it would be spread around as infection vector in these ways too.

- OS

I know :) .. I know if someone just runs by me with a snotty nose.. I am apt to get it.. and these people kill with their mouths open and dont catch anything.. blood and guts spraying everywhere..

They are very lucky people;)

Did they ever say what caused the outbreak in the cellblock? I mean I know its a virus.. but did someone mention it my name and I didn't catch it ?

Did they ever say what caused the outbreak in the cellblock? I mean I know its a virus.. but did someone mention it my name and I didn't catch it ?

Not really. Closest was the now croaked real Doc who basically said a "super virus", compared it to the 1918 flu pandemic.

Think "virus" has been said a number of times, so seems to be the consensus. Which is why it was dumb scriptwriting to have them go on the risky mission for "antibiotics" in the first place.

Given the cursory treatment of water, human waste, and bodies they're shown, everybody would have been DeadLive via cholera or whatever by now anyway in the "real" world.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot