Unit and Combat Patches

Moped

My Combat Patches.

Airborne!

2e549cp.jpg

Air Assault!

315yd8y.jpg

One of the things that I liked about the ACUs was the Velcro for the unit patches.  I could change my combat patch out depending on the "audience."

As a side note, I had a good friend who was a "Four-Patch All American" with combat tours with the 82ABN in Grenada, Panama, Desert Storm, and the GWOT. 

Edited by DMark
  • Like 3
Guest Wesley33
I changed mine. About to head back for another trip to AFG. I guess somebody has to close it out. Sent from my iPhone using [url="http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1"]Tapatalk[/url] Edited by Wesley33
Guest TankerHC

1st Cav, 2nd Bde, 1-12 Cav and "1st of the 9th",with 7th MEU, British Royal Marines and The Black Watch  "Task Force Headhunter"

eeace261-f80e-472a-b8f4-d932c9c99cc7_zps

6d711051-8b9a-4d3a-a340-5aa161014835_zps

1st Armored Division, 1st Squadron, 1st Cavalry, Border Cavalry

5933d325-37f4-494b-8f22-5061c58d7f09_zps

download_zpsf5ccea1e.jpg

b03ffcf7-f970-4379-8aa8-28eb2e0c717b_zps

2nd Infantry Division. 2nd Tank (2-72 Armor), Camp Casey Korea, 7/12 months DMZ

a34ee8e4-fb5d-49dd-8f15-127a320a2b89_zps

download3_zps0a044928.jpg

Some other Units I served in.

1st Army. 177th Armored Brigade (AC-RC Observer - Controller Trainer)

136px-1st_Armysvg_zpsfca98259.png

177thar_zps9c3323d9.png

872229b2-e6ba-4ee2-95f9-d97f01ba41aa_zps

3rd Armored Division, 2nd/33rd Armor, Kirch-Goins, Germany

P194_zps81c2cd6e.jpg

5bd5cc65-24c7-499b-80b5-b611f7208efc_zps

8th Infantry Division, 1st/68th Armor. Wildflecken, Germany

download2_zps7f85f58c.jpg

Interesting Note about B Co., 1/68th Armor Unit Crest. There is a guy named Ralph Zumbro, served as a Tanker in Vietnam in HQ Tanks with 1st/69th Armor. Claims he sunk a North Vietnamese Submarine near China Beach. I wasnt there, so I am not one to say he did or didnt, as I remember though, there were only several witnesses but he probably did do it. But 68th Armor, specifically B Company is the ONLY Armor Unit in the Army authorized to wear an Anchor on their Crest. Awarded by the Navy and approved by the DoD Department of Heraldry. During the Korean War they were being transported on a US Navy Transport Ship, a North Korean warship approached and opened fire. The Transport ship didnt have any guns and the Tank Guns were in travel lock. The Tankers unlocked their guns and sunk the North Korean ship from the deck of the transport. For this act the Navy awarded them an Anchor and the Army approved it. 

1-68coatofarms_zps7ced4ce2.gif

4th Infantry Division, 1/64th Armor

download1_zps0f7bfe58.jpg

US Army Armor Center, Armor Officers Basic Course, Advanced Course, and Armor Officers Commanders Course (Instructor), Armor Engineer Board Test and Evaluation, 2/6th Cavalry

ArmdUSAArmorCenter_zpsb08dd60c.gif

And some other units that I cant remember. 

Edited by TankerHC

Veterans, it would be nice to see all your unit or combat patches from your service days, on your avatars.  I've changed my avatar to my combat patch from Desert Storm, the 20th Engr Bde (Airborne) from Ft. Bragg, NC.

Hey Moped, great idea and I too served in the 20th as my last unit.  37th Engineers, (Combat Airborne)

20th_zps23dc3d6c.png

Prior to that while at Bragg, I was with the 319th MI BN, part of the 525 MI Brigade (also known as Ralston Purina Power and Light)

319th_zps2ded0c8e.jpg

First assignment was with the 2/17th Field Artillery Brigade, Munsan Korea (great first assignment)  part of 2nd Infantry Division

2ndID_zps9b76512c.png217_zps42fd080f.png

Before that I was in the National Guard as part of the SMP (simultaneous membership program) as a new shavetail butter bar.

H Company, 278th Armored Cavalry, then based in Clinton, TN

278th_zpsde09c62d.png

Edited by Rightwinger
  • Like 1

Last deployment. 13th MEU Feb-Oct 2011. I was working with the I level repairing engines and riding as aircrew on the Ch-46 Phrogs. Evil Eyes for ever (they changed their name right after that. Lol)

Posted Image

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Would like to say "thanks" to each and every one who has served or is serving.

Had our Veteran's Day Parade on Sunday.  Was very disappointed at the low turnout, especially considering that we had two WW II vets in attendance; based on their age, this just might be the last one that they are able to attend.  Noticed a Korean vet was missing this time -- but others, all the way up through the current Middle-East Wars, were there and honored.   I did take the grands, just so that they could meet these heroes and hear a little of their experiences.  Might just be the most important thing I've ever taken them to !!

• Like 1

I didn't earn these myself but I'm mighty proud of them because they were taken from their own uniforms and handed to me by the soldiers themselves. A Band I was in was asked to be a guest of the Base Commander at Tyndall AFB to play for the troops and get a personal tour of the base. We were given a demonstration of the F-22 Raptor(which was freakin' amazing) and got to fly the F-15 Simulator, which was a blast! and also one of the pilots had the same Nickname as me "Harpo" :usa:

1452399_10151993158428421_1699560116_n.j

Edited by GuitaRx
  • Like 1