Things not to do inside

Gut a deer... Now I didn't do it, but I was there when it was happening. (It was in a basement... but the smell didn't stay there)

I havent gutted Inside, but I did butcher one in my garage. Wife was not happy with that one either...

Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

One that I have to admit to was letting in the dog after she was sprayed by a skunk. Of course, I had a terrible sinus infection and I couldn't smell anything! How was I to know? lol.

Our dog got sprayed saturday night.  We've washed her 4 times with the peroxide/baking soda stuff.  The smell is mostly gone, but its still there if you get up close.  I'm glad the weather was reasonably warm up until yesterday as we've had the windows open trying to air out the house.  Stupid dog.  :bat: 

I think one of the most offensive things I have done recently was the case lube incident.   I had a lot of cases to lube, and, in a fit of creativity, decided that a ziplock bag full of lube and cases, shaken up, would be a lot faster than the one at a time as-I-go method.   I use the hornady unique lube, which is semisolid.  So I stick the tub in the microwave, knowing that it should liquify and then I can pour a little of that in the bag and shake it all up.  

Well, the first thing I find out is that the melting point of the lube is almost the same as the melting point of the cheap plastic container that it came in.  So they both go at about the same time.   The second thing I find out is that once it spread out thin across the bottom of the microwave, it heats up much faster and starts to "cook" for want of a better term.   I turned it off pretty quickly once I saw the tub let go, but it let go from the bottom up, naturally.   It make a pretty nasty stink and was quite a pain to clean up.  Would have been extremely bad if I had been even 30 seconds later on turning it off....

Also, having saved some of the stuff,  I tried it in the bag and it worked OK but, of course, it got some down inside the cases.  So the method is not terribly useful after all.

For the record, you can liquify it in a glass bowl without making too much stink.  It was melting the container that caused the problems.   I have no idea what possible use you could have for it in liquid form since the bag method was useless, but if you ever need boiling hot case lube,  use a glass container to heat it...