Traded one .308 for another

Spots

Did some horse trading today. This is a gun Ive been after for a long time. Not this exact one, but this style. Ive always loved the m14, and now I have one. Its a Federal ordinance, with a forged receviver, chrone lined barrel, USGI op rod and bolt installed, and has been glass bedded. It has a beautiful laminate stock, and I love it. I traded the CETME I got last week, even trade and he threw in 12 USGI mags with it. Now to add a good mount and optic and spend some quality range time with her.

Posted Image

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 4
That is awesome brother! I've always wanted one too but if they're like a garand, they don't handle heavy weights too well. Is that true of these ?

I'm a huge fan of heavier weights. 175g in my 308 does extremely well.
Not that 150g can't handle any and all chores.

Hope it's everything you want it to be.
Thanks for all the compliments guys. The gentleman was a Sevierville Police officer, really cool dude. Said he bought this one and a polytech about 10 years ago and just never shot this one more than a couple mags. It definitely looks like a safe queen, very little usage marks. I had planned on duracoating it in an East Tenn camo, but after seeing that stock in person I can't bring myself to do it, its just to pretty of a gun. He was excited to get the CETME, said he has one already and loves them as hog guns. So it was a good trade on both ends for sure.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

CONGRATS!! 

You did well.  My ARMs18 scope mount is my favorite but the CASM is a close second. 

All kinds of scopes and red dots out there but I can say this from experience...

The ARMs18 mount is the lowest rail out there that allows use of your irons. 

The Sadlak mount is one of the most highly regarded mounts out there.

If you want a red dot go with a higher rail like the CASM or Sadlak.

Bottom line is eye relief, ejecting brass cleanly and ocular clearing the rear sight.

Best of luck with your search.  Make it fun!