Top Shot Winner Chris Cheng Came Out Today

KahrMan

I care, to a point. There is a misconception that the firearms community is anti gay, him coming out directly combats that belief.  It also provides a potential role model for gay youths. 

Part of the firearms community IS anti gay. Just check out TGO. The gays in the military thread may have been the best one. I just had to bring up the showers, just so I could watch some heads explode  :rofl:

• Like 5

Since you've already started the who cares crap...

He announced it publicly because he is a public figure.  He is now a professional shooter.  He has sponsors and a fan base that give him his living.  Because of that, he needs to be honest because the media (TMZ) will use anything that they can to try and shame him.  And if it means outing him, they will do it.  Just because we may be open minded and "not care" doesn't mean that people that can control his livelihood don't.  That is why he has be open or in front of it.  

Honestly, he doesn't owe anyone anything.  He shouldn't have to do this.  But he does because of society.  

Personally, I hope he starts prancing around in pink like a party kid just to get on the nerves of every other shooter.  Can you imagine all the competitions he could win if he dressed like that?  No other shooter would be able to concentrate.  

310x229_partymonster.jpg

• Like 1

I think it does have the potential to open a door to some gay folks that may be interested in guns, but have never followed through because "gun culture" is often presented by the media as backwards, redneck, etc...Right or wrong, a lot of gay people identify a lot with other people solely based on their sexuality. Seeing one of "their own" as not just a shooter but a darn good one might send a few more folks through the door of their LGS or range. 

• Like 3
  • Moderators

Since you've already started the who cares crap...

He announced it publicly because he is a public figure.  He is now a professional shooter.  He has sponsors and a fan base that give him his living.  Because of that, he needs to be honest because the media (TMZ) will use anything that they can to try and shame him.  And if it means outing him, they will do it.  Just because we may be open minded and "not care" doesn't mean that people that can control his livelihood don't.  That is why he has be open or in front of it.  

Honestly, he doesn't owe anyone anything.  He shouldn't have to do this.  But he does because of society.  

Personally, I hope he starts prancing around in pink like a party kid just to get on the nerves of every other shooter.  Can you imagine all the competitions he could win if he dressed like that?  No other shooter would be able to concentrate.  

310x229_partymonster.jpg

Party Monster is such a great movie.

I see a lot of homophobia on TGO but you got to look at it like this:  The more diverse the gun community is the better off we are as a whole.  Who would you rather shoot next to at the range a safe homosexual with good gun handling skills or straight Bubba that's sweeping you constantly? 

• Like 3

Dont you all have something better to do than talk about someone coming out of the closet again...Its getting old and we already know on here who are closet homophobes..No need to tell us all again....

He came out because he wanted to..He didnt "cram it " down someones throat.Dont like it? fine...move on..it doesnt affect any of you,yet you guys act like he is a mass murderer..

What does it matter? he isnt asking any of you guys on a date..

:down:  :down:  :down: :down:  

• Like 6
[quote name="10-Ring" post="1080538" timestamp="1387333051"]I see a lot of homophobia on TGO but you got to look at it like this: The more diverse the gun community is the better off we are as a whole. Who would you rather shoot next to at the range a safe homosexual with good gun handling skills or straight Bubba that's sweeping you constantly? [/quote] Neither Typically if I'm next someone annoying or I prefer not be next to me I'll pull out the 50 cal and pop couple rounds and by second shot they either packing up or moving far away. sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro Edited by jphillips63