"Duck Dynasty" launches its own line of guns

greenego

I don't care for them for the same reasons I don't care for most "reality TV". I don't think they're entertaining (except Si. He's funny) and I don't like being lied to. When I watch a scripted TV show or movie, I know those are actors playing a role. The character and the actor are 2 different people. They're making it all up. I know it, and they know I know it.

With most "reality TV", it's a lie. They're telling me it's all real, that the character and the actor are one. But the shows are almost as scripted and just as staged as any scripted TV show. They're just done with poor writing and even worse acting.

In the case of DD, add to that their flag-waving 'America is the greatest place on God's green Earth' patriotism while simultaneously hawking 'Made in China' kitch with their pictures on it and I'm tuned out.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 2

Just FYI, These shouldnt be affiliated with A&E and the brand "Duck Dynasty"  but rather the Commader brand that they built long before the show.  The one that actually produces duck and deer calls. 

I have no problem with them producing anything they choose and selling it.  

• Like 2

I don't care for them for the same reasons I don't care for most "reality TV". I don't think they're entertaining (except Si. He's funny) and I don't like being lied to. When I watch a scripted TV show or movie, I know those are actors playing a role. The character and the actor are 2 different people. They're making it all up. I know it, and they know I know it.

In one of their 1st books, Willie Roberson talked about the acting, roles, and what appears to be made up for T.V.   According to what I read most everything either has actually happened (without cameras present), or are skits that the Robersons have always wanted to do.  At the end of the day, it is entertainment.  If one likes it, embrace it.  If one doesn't like it, don't watch.   I for one very much appreciate the show, and for my family it has been a centerpiece of our T.V. entertainment for 2 years now.

• Like 1

I am a legend in my own mind. (and now with 2000 posts).

If I could afford a 2000-post-celebration gun it would be whichever Mossberg Si Robertson recommends. He's my hero.

(and TGO must be like crack.  I can't leave the pipe alone.)

Edited by R_Bert

I seldom watch DD but did enjoy these first series Duck Commander when they were filmed actually hunting and giving hunting advice. I am quite sure that back when they were not stars they were not hunting with Beneli Shotguns but probably maybe Mossberg's of other reasonably priced guns. As far as their gun builders, who is to say that Beneli was not offered a deal and turned it down because they didn't want to lower their name grade by lowering their gun class so the average Joe could afford one. Mossberg would be the likely builder to make a more affordable gun for the average duck and goose hunters. Now with that said, I don't agree with everything that is being done from either side when it comes to the marketing programs. I have a feeling there might even be a lot of pirated products out their with their faces on them that they have not even been aware of. Like someone mentioned about all the stuff at Walmart wearing their faces. I'm guessing a lot of that has been done in China by pirate companies. People getting on the free ride so to say while their popularity rises. Things like this have happened many times before and will happen again............................jmho

Never watched the DD show, don't duck hunt or own a duck call. Don't care for the so called " reality" shows,

as they aren't close to real. Heck, everybody has an AR niche, so why not. No doubt, it rubbed salt in A&Es

wounds, as well as the other Libs. LOL

More power to 'em if they can make a dollar from it. Surprised PETA hasn't jumped on the band wagon about

killing poor little innocent ducks.

World's a strange place these days.

Never watched the DD show, don't duck hunt or own a duck call. Don't care for the so called " reality" shows,

as they aren't close to real. Heck, everybody has an AR niche, so why not. No doubt, it rubbed salt in A&Es

wounds, as well as the other Libs. LOL

More power to 'em if they can make a dollar from it. Surprised PETA hasn't jumped on the band wagon about

killing poor little innocent ducks.

World's a strange place these days.

LOL. I don't think PETA has anyone brave enough to want to go into the swamps and bayou's of Louisiana and confront guys with long beards and shotguns about poor innocent ducks................. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rock: 

• Like 2

Personally, I like the show. As far as money, the Robertsons had plenty from Duck Commander, before Duck Dynasty.

I recently met someone that has known Mtn. man for years. He said what you see of him on the show is exactly the same as he has always been.

The story of Phil's youth is pretty interesting.

LOL. I don't think PETA has anyone brave enough to want to go into the swamps and bayou's of Louisiana and confront guys with long beards and shotguns about poor innocent ducks................. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rock:

I'd say you're right.

Personally, I like the show. As far as money, the Robertsons had plenty from Duck Commander, before Duck Dynasty.

I recently met someone that has known Mtn. man for years. He said what you see of him on the show is exactly the same as he has always been.

The story of Phil's youth is pretty interesting.

I don't really watch TV and I don't watch any show with any regularity and for the most part I can't stand reality shows except for DD as at least it is funny and reasonably down to earth; of course I believe that much of it is scripted to some degree but least it is worlds better than Keeping up with Kardumbions or Honey Dumbo..... I figure that this family like many others knows that their 15 minutes of fame is only going to last just so long so they are going to milk it for all it's worth; it's just icing on their cake anyway as DC is still their's and is gaining popularity due to DD.... 

have not read a post really.  Now how many of you think the "gay" Robertson crap was happenstance?

Follow the money,   These down to earth people are all about something.  not so sure it is the bible, but I am sure they follow the color of green

I told my wife when all this Gay stuff started, it was all a publicity stunt. I suspect that A&E was even in on it.  It sure solidified their base viewers and guaranteed another successful season.  I personally don't watch the show or hardly any "reality" TV.  I think it's all stupid.

Edited by Moped

I told my wife when all this Gay stuff started, it was all a publicity stunt. I suspect that A&E was even in on it.  It sure solidified their base viewers and guaranteed another successful season.  I personally don't watch the show or hardly any "reality" TV.  I think it's all stupid.

I said the exact same thing.... No matter if it's bad publicity it is still publicity and it nets interest and interest equals notoriety.

• Like 1
Guest carter

Isn't it funny how the love of money is supposedly the root of all evil yet there seems to be a lot of self proclaimed religious people who are trying their hardest to get as much of it as they can. Why would they try so hard to get it if they did not have a love for it? And they do this even though they have been warned their greed will bring ruin to their households.

Get up at 5am any day of the week and you can see what I am talking about. "Religious" leaders preying on the misfortune of others to, no doubt, get rich. There is even a recent reality show where a religious leader is flaunting his wealth and possessions. Are they not worried about the moths, vermin or thieves?

yup, and that church is right around the corner from me... total garbage, i here the wife said on the show basically if you're not rich and have money you're no one... hummmmm sounds like another hypocritical christian to me. and yes...have you seen the REAL pictures of the duck commander crew before they got a TV show? ya, no beards 

yup, and that church is right around the corner from me... total garbage, i here the wife said on the show basically if you're not rich and have money you're no one... hummmmm sounds like another hypocritical christian to me. and yes...have you seen the REAL pictures of the duck commander crew before they got a TV show? ya, no beards 

I missed something....

Are you talking opining about the congregation attended by DD family, the congregation local to you, or the congregation at large (country-wide)?

Mighty broad brush stroke from my perspective....just saying.

Edited by R_Bert
[quote name="carter" post="1089622" timestamp="1388940136"] and yes...have you seen the REAL pictures of the duck commander crew before they got a TV show? ya, no beards [/quote] They once said they used to grow their beards out for duck season then shave then off later. So they have always grown beards, just not all year like they do now. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

H is talking about the family that is on TV now .. he is a pastor and flaunts his  airplanes and Hummers...

Is "H" the same as Carter?  Because Carter mentioned the church around the corner from him (or does he live near the DD church in LA ?).

Phil had a beard in "The Duckmen of Louisiana"
That tape came out 'bout 25 years or so back. It was the best one they made. Not sure you can even get it on DVD. I never loved their calls. I didn't like the raspiness. I always preferred Haydel's. Just like I never really loved Mossberg's so I doubt I'll buy one. Phil shot a Browning A5 16 ga in the previously mentioned video too.