I want a new Glock...

Goldsquare

Well I just got my first Glock ever. I went with the Gen 4 23 and it fits my hand perfect. Also, everyone and their momma has one and loves them, so that can't be wrong  :up:  But I hope to have the 3 you have also someday since I hear they are like AR's and multiply alot!

Best thing I ever did with my Glocks was to consolidate calibers.

ETA: Meaning....it allowed me to shoot more instead of buying more expensive ammo and getting less trigger time per gun.  I was able to focus on shooting rather than adjusting to different recoils/mechanics.

The only time I've deviated was for .380 and I got that LCP because I needed a gun for running. 

Edited by scoutfsu
  • Like 4
A little over a year ago, I bought the 29sf in 10mm. Excellent round. Great pistol for carrying concealed as well as carrying in the bush. One advantage of carrying the 10 is the wide range of ammunition loads and options. I have 180 grain Speer Gold dots for defensive carry here and wide flat nose 220 grain Double Tap rounds for the bush of Alaska. Excellent penetration for run ins with unfriendly bear. Just depends on what the mission requires, but you can't go wrong with the 29.

I am a Sig guy through and through, but every now and then I commit adultery.  I do have a Glock 17, 20, 21, 22, & 23.  All gen 2s.  I have a passion for the old school glocks.  The 19 will be apart of the harem one day, I am just too darn stubborn to pay what the market is.  I do seek high and low for my unicorn, the Glock 32 in gen2, and I did miss one about this time last year, Errrrrrrr.  There are others in Gen 2 that someday I will seek out like the 17L, 31 and 36.  Then the Gen2.5 26 & 27.

Careful, Glocks will grow on you even if you are in a committed relationship with another make.

[quote name="Goldsquare" post="1101276" timestamp="1390716112"]I have 3 glocks now. 19 21 27 looking to buy a new one help me out guys.[/quote] A 26 would be a great addition Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Careful, Glocks will grow on you even if you are in a committed relationship with another make.

I am in a committed relationship with another make (OK, some people just think I need to be committed), and I've never owned a Glock.

But, I keep thinking I should get a 19, just because......

A 26 would be a great addition Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I recently acquired a 26. I'd always shied away from the subcompact glocks, but an opportunity presented itself when I awnsered an armslist ad selling extra glock mags. I didn't really intend to buy the 26, but after holding it a while(it's a gen 4, btw) and getting the feel of it with a larger mag(19 mag), I just couldn't put it down.

I'm quite pleased with it so far.

I started buying models that I can buy a barrel and change calibers due to the last year of ammo availability . I prefer to buy any given compact , sub compat or full size in 40 or 357 instead of a 9mm . A conversion barrel and magazine can change them to a 9mm but you can't go from 9mm to 40 or 357 without a slide and other parts.  ( This is for the smaller frame 9mm ,40 and  357 guns . I don't count the 45 GAP in this section because they are sort of oddballs and it would not be easy to change them to a different caliber.)

I also have a 10mm conversion barrel for my G 30 so I am in no hurry to buy a 29.  I am not sure what barrels are out there for the larger full size 21 . I know the 20 has 40 and 357 barrels available and even use the same magazine , but I have not looked into the 21 .

I like the 23/32 size but you already have a 19 . I would have to ask a few questions before I could suggest anything.

Are you looking to stay in the calibers you have now?

What are your plans for the new Glock ? Home protection , target/ range /practice , carry or other .

I also like 10mm and 357 but the ammo can be pricey and sometimes hard to find. Does that matter to you ?

I have a G 24 and plan on getting a 357 and 9mm conversion barrel for it someday . That would be great for target practice but big for a carry gun. I have 11 Glocks and like them all , but for different things.  I have a G  36 and really like it as a carry gun.

Can we get a little more info on the intended use of the new Glock . 

I've tried to like the subcompact Glocks but just can't do it. I've have 2 26's and a 27. Sold all 3.

They offer little advantage in conceal-ability over the compact models and the grip is the least ergonomic IMO.

I feel the same way. My buddy carries a 27 and I just don't like the way it feels in my hand under calm conditions, so definitely wouldn't want one if I was under stress. The 23 however is just right for my hand.

Thinking about another Glock also.  Currently have a 17, 22 and 26.  Want to stay in the same ammo range of 9mm and 40.  Seems like either a G23 or G27 would make the most sense.  Probably more the G27.  I would then have the subcompact and full size frame of both the 9mm and 40.  Thought about the G36 but that's the last thing that I want to do is start on a new caliber. 

I am not wild about the sub compacts but if you use a compact magazine and a mag spacer it totally changes the feel . When I am not carrying my 36 I carry a 33 with the magazine from my 32 . It feels great and gives you a few more rounds .

The subs are like any other firearm. You put a few thousand rounds through them and practice with them and they feel like an extension. As with nearly any gun I've used the first few hundred rounds are just for introductions. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD