So how rare is a TGO lower receiver?

gregintenn

• Admin Team

People ... they're just the worst.

- OS

It's to be expected.  That's why we were so particular about the whole affair.

All in all, I'll say that it actually went a lot better than I expected.  I give almost all of that credit to the guys at CMT.

It's to be expected.  That's why we were so particular about the whole affair.

All in all, I'll say that it actually went a lot better than I expected.  I give almost all of that credit to the guys at CMT.

I think it was a stellar deal. I would have been happy with a few more but understand why it was limited. I had just enough time to get them to CCR for coating and back to me to put the first one together for my buddies birthday at the beginning of January. I think I am finally going to have time to put mine together this weekend.

The FDE coating from CCR was fantastic. I kind of wish I'd sent my lower controls in for their super black treatment. It would have really set the FDE off.

Thanks again to MacGyver and CMT. ( now time for a couple of AR10 TGO kits)

All in all, we did 169 lowers, 119 uppers and 66 BCGs. 

Considering the number of people who bought their limit of 2 uppers, 2 lowers and 2 BCGs, about 1/4 - 1/3 of the people who "committed" actually followed through.  This ration is a great example of how group buys can quickly go south.  We were so fortunate to work with Jeff and his team at CMT.  They're really top notch.

Well I just wanted all of you to know that I'm tickled with the deal and the effort you put into it. It sounds like everyone else is as well.

I was kidding about an AR10 receiver. I have no interest in one at all.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Admin Team

Well I just wanted all of you to know that I'm tickled with the deal and the effort you put into it. It sounds like everyone else is as well.

Thanks for that.  And to be clear, we were very pleased with it.  We've just been around enough group buys gone bad that we were nervous about it.  Soured deals can hurt communities, so we wanted to make sure that if we were going to do one, we were going to do it right.

Shhhh! I'm trying to influence people here...

All in all, we did 169 lowers, 119 uppers and 66 BCGs. 

Considering the number of people who bought their limit of 2 uppers, 2 lowers and 2 BCGs, about 1/4 - 1/3 of the people who "committed" actually followed through.  This ration is a great example of how group buys can quickly go south.  We were so fortunate to work with Jeff and his team at CMT.  They're really top notch.

All that work is much appreciated. I am very pleased with my lower, especially for a first build and can't wait for my barrel to come in stock so I can do the upper too.

If nothing else, CMT can consider it a great advertisement for their product.

Edited by tnguy

One thing I might suggest if this is done again: Do two rounds, one with the limit of 2 and the next with a more liberal limit. It seems a shame that both a lot of people dropped out and that others couldn't get as many as they wanted. If it's known how many CMT is willing to produce, why not keep going until that's reached or nobody wants any more? (Up to a deadline, of course)

Just a random thought to go with that for a next time: Perhaps auction off the 00001 lower for charity. Though it's understandable if the organizer wants that one for himself :)

Edited by tnguy

I have #36.

I have already built my lower. And the upper is waiting on parts( which i am waiting on $$ in order to purchase them). 

Priorities though, having a new girlfriend( who by chance is a HCP holder) Props to her.

I have finally found a buyer for my house, so ensues the routine of getting everything ready before closing.

And, last but not least.... It's the job I have right now that takes up time. 

I'll get to my upper build soon as my house is sold. :up:

I got 129 & 130, 1 upper & 1 BCG. Great deal all around. Thanks to CMT, MacGyver and everyone else that helped with this group buy. My experience with groups, everyone wants it until it's time to pay for it, then you get the smaller % that actually pay up. I would have bought my limit if funds had permitted but i got enough to keep me occupied for a while.

I used 129 with a PSA M-4 16" 1-7 upper. I am waiting on funds for a nice 18" or 20" barrel to go with 130 & the TGO upper & BCG. i used PSA parts kits and got the Magpul furniture kits from DSGArms. I went with od green furniture on the one I put together.

[url=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2396_zpse12c7f71.jpg.html]IMG_2396_zpse12c7f71.jpg[/URL]

I've shown mine before in other threads, but here it is again. It's made for quite a few empty cases already!

I've enjoyed seeing what other members have done with them. Show em if ya got em!

Edited by gregintenn