North and South!!!!!

bersaguy

Garufa, oddly enough after reading Daves' post I got the sudden feeling that medical marijuana might have a purpose after all.

Don't take it wrong, Dave - I really feel for what you've been through and you have my sympathies.  Cynicism, no matter how well earned, is one of those reflecting pools that you can fall into and drown.  Have a little faith, baby.  It's a motherlovin' beautiful bridge.

Besides, the whole southern attitude towards Yankees and government is the only bright spot I see in the future of this country.

Edited by Mark@Sea
  • Like 3

Gosh!!!!   I really didn't want to re-fight the Civil War when I made to post. I just thought it was kind of unique that after all these years of listening to how great things were in the north and how backwards things where in the South according to the Northerners there sure are a bunch of them wanting to get below the ole Mason / Dixon line really bad these days. I also grew up my 1st 17 years in Illinois Dave and yep, I hunted and fished and did all the same things I and most folks do down here. I will even say this. I have a friend that still lives up there and we hunted and fished all the time while growing up and we took loaded guns into the small town we lived in. During hunting season for Rabbits and Squirrels and other small game we could shoot with 22's we even pack single action six shooters in western style fast draw holsters tied down on our legs like gun fighters and went to town with them loaded. I had a Colt with bone grips and Dave had  Ruger with wood grips. Not one person said a thing or thought anything about it. Everyone in town knew we hunted and many folks got free wild game from us cleaned and ready to cook. In case anyone is interested back when Dave and I were kids we did a lot of hunting and the pistols were for shooting rabbits that were setting tight and we could shoot them without filling them with lead BB's Even the police chief would get rabbits from us to make his Hausenpheffer(spelling) rabbit dinners with. He knew the pistols were loaded and never said a word. So yea I grew up with guns all my life, Even up there. I think I mentioned that i am a half breed. Half Yankee and half Hillbillie and was proud of it but it was never an issue. We came down ever summer for Vacation and stayed with my Grandpa on his big ranch and my father always said he wanted to retire down here near my mothers people and in 1967 we moved South and lived in a beautiful Log home that was built in 1850 that was located on the ranch. The only thing I missed and to this day still miss is my buddy Dave from up there. I speak with Dave often and he said I would not recognize our hometown now. It is a suburb of Chicago. He finally moved to Streator Illinois near the rest of his family when he retired. Point is I didn't plan on starting a major North South Feud but thought it was kind of funny that the North had all this great stuff going in their favor with manufacturing and had the Auto Workers Union and all the Iron and Steel Workers unions and everything else they could stick a  union in and control and they bankrupted all of them and now they are driving the Firearms manufacturing  out with their stupid laws and now all the people in the North want to come down here. I don't mind if they move down here but don't expect me to change my way of life to suit them cause that ain't happening. I still throw my hand up and wave when I am out in the country and pass an on coming truck or car and normally they wave back. I also honk at friends on their front porches in the summer time down home near our old ranch. Country is still country down there.  If I cross a line i should not have cross i am sorry...............but it's jmho

• Like 2
  • Admin Team
In the words of the late, great southerner, Lewis Grizzard, "come on down here. Eat our food, breathe our air, marry our women. There's just one thing we ask of you. Don't tell us how you used to do it back in Cleveland. We don't care.
Cleveland's so great - Delta's ready when you are. We'll have you back there by 6:00 this evening if that's where you want to be."
  • Like 8
Well I just had to like a few of those posts. God forbid we show any pride in our heritage or joy for the rebirth of the economy of the south. I don't feel anyone wants another civil war, but the scars of that war run deep and tend to escalate emotions in southerners that many cannot understand. But in the end we should remember we are all Americans , and we can all be proud of that. :)
  • Like 4

Don't take it wrong, Dave - I really feel for what you've been through and you have my sympathies.  Cynicism, no matter how well earned, is one of those reflecting pools that you can fall into and drown.  Have a little faith, baby.  It's a motherlovin' beautiful bridge.

Exactly. So why the pity party? biggrin.gif
It is annoying when people from up north make fun of people from the south for being ignorant and stupid. Even more annoying when they move here and say it. My in laws do it all the time and it drives me nuts. I'd be cool if folks from up north would keep their happy asses up there in their perfect Utopias. I realize all northerners aren't like that, just most of 'em.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It is annoying when people from up north make fun of people from the south for being ignorant and stupid. Even more annoying when they move here and say it. My in laws do it all the time and it drives me nuts. I'd be cool if folks from up north would keep their happy asses up there in their perfect Utopias. I realize all northerners aren't like that, just most of 'em.

Then tell them about it. Most people aren't disrespectful to other people no matter where they come from. The only ones I have heard seriously making fun of southerners or calling them stupid are other southerners whining about it. I work in aerospace manufacturing with a lot of Southerners; not a lot of room for stupidity in that. When I hear someone blaming something on or disrespecting “Yankees”, and being serious about it; the people around me know they are going to get shut down quick and it won’t be pretty. And those around me that grew up in the south support me because they see it as ignorance also.

But I’m talking about the conversations that are driven by hate or ignorance. My best friends here have called me a “Yankee” more than once when I have screwed up and I have called more than one of them a “knuckle draggin’ Ridge Runner” when they screw up. If it’s in fun I don’t mind. But like Garufa I am proud of my heritage and I won’t stand by while it is disrespected. Not when it’s being done over something neither of us had anything to do with. I didn’t fight in the Civil War and neither did anyone here.

I am an American Patriot. I don’t think there are enough of us left in this country to save it; but we are in the North and South both united by the fact we are Americans.
  • Like 1

Yeah... what he said! If it weren't for those damn Yankees invading us southerners we'd have everything the same, just the way we liked it. I mean come on, who doesn't like free labor and being able to crack a whip on poor defenseless black folk. Lmao. I know not all southerners are like this... just most of them.
I've heard just as many Yankee cracks as I've heard rednecks cracks. Either way I could care less. Its all humor to me. I've had people tell me for years, your not a normal yankee because your not a know it all. My reply would be "well your not a normal southerner, I see you have all your teeth". My point is Yankees and southerners have good qualities and both have bad qualities. But as humans we just love being ignorant and picking out all the bad in each other and totally ignoring the good we've done. Sorry if I've offended anyone, just a dumbass yankee here.:-P
  • Like 1
I don't take this on a Civil War level. Hell, that was over 150 years ago, and I tell northerners that when they bring it up as well. I'm just tired of hearing about how the south is so slow to change, close minded and unintelligent from northerners like they don't have any problems themselves. They make it sound like to live in the south is to live in the 1800s still with slaves and everything. It gets tiring having to defend my home all the time from this ignorance. I believe I may just start saying " I'm sorry you feel that way and hope you're not ignorant about everything else in life" and walk away. The south is an amazing place and the only place I'd ever want to call home and raise a family. Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk Edited by satalac

Then tell them about it. Most people aren't disrespectful to other people no matter where they come from. The only ones I have heard seriously making fun of southerners or calling them stupid are other southerners whining about it.

I do what I can to keep the peace. My problem is when I start being an ahole I don't stop very easily. But, to speak to my win experience being from Florida, folks move down from up north and complain constantly about ignorant rednecks. For many it's the first time they've seen a confederate flag that wasnt associated with a movie on racism or slavery. To have someone move into the place you love then put it down deserves the response of "move the eff back to where you came from". I'd never move someplace and complain about it. I'd either not move there or move away when I discovered I didn't like it, not complain and try to change it.

I think that is where this comes from. Folks are just tired of outsiders coming in and putting down their way of life. Kinda like this UAW nonsense.

Yeah... what he said! If it weren't for those damn Yankees invading us southerners we'd have everything the same, just the way we liked it. I mean come on, who doesn't like free labor and being able to crack a whip on poor defenseless black folk. Lmao. I know not all southerners are like this... just most of them.

This was enough to know where you stand and where you are from...

I've heard just as many Yankee cracks as I've heard rednecks cracks. Either way I could care less. Its all humor to me. I've had people tell me for years, your not a normal yankee because your not a know it all. My reply would be "well your not a normal southerner, I see you have all your teeth". My point is Yankees and southerners have good qualities and both have bad qualities. But as humans we just love being ignorant and picking out all the bad in each other and totally ignoring the good we've done. Sorry if I've offended anyone, just a dumbass yankee here.:-P

I never suggested Yankees are dumbasses, I just want them to stop moving here and bitching about southerners. If you don't like it stay the hell out. I've been to New York. I didnt like it. I'd never live there, and I'm cool with that. But I'm not gonna move up there and bitch about northerners.

• Like 3

I never suggested Yankees are dumbasses, I just want them to stop moving here and bitching about southerners. If you don't like it stay the hell out. I've been to New York. I didnt like it. I'd never live there, and I'm cool with that. But I'm not gonna move up there and bitch about northerners.

I never said you suggested all yankees are dumbasses.
And if you did I could care less. Hell I dont like N.Y. anymore. Im just a yankee that likes to stir the pot up while laughing at everyone getting their panties in a wad. I just found this thread full of whining girls so I figured what the hell. But with all that being said, I love tn and I wouldn't dare try to change it. Its beautiful the way it is.

I never said you suggested all yankees are dumbasses.

When you quoted me you threw that in there, so naturally I made that assumption.  In addition, you took what I originally said to the extreme (suggesting my problems with northerners wanting to come here and change things was rooted in resentment for the abolition of slavery) and then mock me with the results of your wild exaggeration.  It's damn silly.

Now, once again, I care not how folks do it up north.  If I found myself in their frozen utopia I wouldn't complain to them about my lack of satisfaction with their ways.  You see, in the south it's rude to come into another person's house and complain about the decor.  Something which has been lost on so many people I've encountered from up there; and I've encountered a lot.  Perhaps you are not guilty of doing it, but you must understand that the resentment lies with those that do.  You might find the offense we take humorous, but don't be surprised at the reaction you get.  It's one thing to make cracks back and forth.  My wife is a yankee and we do it to one another all the time.  What's different is when someone comes down here and complains about it.  The choice seems simple: GO HOME THEN!

When you quoted me you threw that in there, so naturally I made that assumption. In addition, you took what I originally said to the extreme (suggesting my problems with northerners wanting to come here and change things was rooted in resentment for the abolition of slavery) and then mock me with the results of your wild exaggeration. It's damn silly.

Now, once again, I care not how folks do it up north. If I found myself in their frozen utopia I wouldn't complain to them about my lack of satisfaction with their ways. You see, in the south it's rude to come into another person's house and complain about the decor. Something which has been lost on so many people I've encountered from up there; and I've encountered a lot. Perhaps you are not guilty of doing it, but you must understand that the resentment lies with those that do. You might find the offense we take humorous, but don't be surprised at the reaction you get. It's one thing to make cracks back and forth. My wife is a yankee and we do it to one another all the time. What's different is when someone comes down here and complains about it. The choice seems simple: GO HOME THEN!

Talk about damn silly. But carry on if you must. Smh