Gun confiscation is on the table in Conn.

Grandviewoutdoors.com has an article on this subject due to so few people registering their so called assault rifles.The govenor and his henchman including anti gun lobbiest's are looking at door to door confiscation by using the 4473 forms to try and track them down. Folks I will be watching this closely as new york has even harsher laws and our govenor said when they announced the safe act that confiscation was NOT off the table.Fella's this is just the beginning and I hope the citizens keep disobeying there stupid law.You can verify what I just posted by going to the site.

"it'll never happen here."  :whistle:

Conn. Is a start trust me it in time will happen here mark my words on that. The more folks sit back and let this type thing happen with that type of mentality is why it will happen here and every other gun friendly state. Only way stop this is we all stand up and fight back and this goes for going and standing up with those in states like Conn.
  • Moderators

Maybe I should have used the /sarcasm tag. I figured the quotation marks (as in I was quoting someone else if not in word, but attitude) and the whistle smiley would have imparted that was my intent. I guess not, my bad.

If you read the other CT thread it is more than obvious what my stance on this is and what I think is the proper solution to correct it as well.

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2

...by using the 4473 forms to try and track them down. ...

They'll need an EO from BHO or something, since only the feds can demand to see 4473s.

Here's the article, btw. Doesn't mention 4473's specifically, but since CT apparently didn't have any kind of rifle registration before this, that would be the only way they could compare the records, seems.

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/articles/3661-connecticut-set-for-possible-gun-confiscation#sthash.qZyzB9OG.dpbs

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Are these idle threats, intended to get more folks to register out of fear?

Yeah... I think that is exactly what it means... Politicians cant rule without the "consent of the governed" even in Connecticut...

I think (...that means i dont know; i think...) they are; but they are evidently pretty high handed and overbearing up there...  This kind of door kickin and house-to-house searchin has never happened in a wholesale manner since post-civil war reconstruction... They didnt even do that in the Prohibition days of the Eighteenth amendment banning liquor; and that wuz at the federal level...

Check post #30 here: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/76043-officials-in-connecticut-stunned-by-what-could-be-a-massive-state-wide-act-of-%E2%80%98civil-disobedience%E2%80%99-by-gun-owners/page-2

leroy

Yeah... I think that is exactly what it means... Politicians cant rule without the "consent of the governed" even in Connecticut...

I think (...that means i dont know; i think...) they are; but they are evidently pretty high handed and overbearing up there...  This kind of door kickin and house-to-house searchin has never happened in a wholesale manner since post-civil war reconstruction... They didnt even do that in the Prohibition days of the Eighteenth amendment banning liquor; and that wuz at the federal level...

Check post #30 here: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/76043-officials-in-connecticut-stunned-by-what-could-be-a-massive-state-wide-act-of-%E2%80%98civil-disobedience%E2%80%99-by-gun-owners/page-2

leroy

Hmm, it will be interesting to watch.  Let's pray you are correct.  The 3 words after the highlighted phrase are "at this point."  Which implies it could still be on the table.

• Like 1

They had better rethink this and repeal that law before a lot of people get hurt or die.

I don't think they want a fight. I also think they may be too arrogant/stupid to avoid one. If one does break out, it might be hard to put a lid on it. Hopefully, they're seeing the chatter on the Internet, and will realize that they're poking the bear.

• Like 2

I don't think they want a fight. I also think they may be too arrogant/stupid to avoid one. If one does break out, it might be hard to put a lid on it. Hopefully, they're seeing the chatter on the Internet, and will realize that they're poking the bear.

What would be crazy is other pro-2A supporters, if it got violent, left their state to join the fight to set an example that unconstitutional laws are unconstitutional and that the people will fight to preserve the constitution.

Of course all legal peaceful means would have to be exhausted first. :up:

Do state "officials" even have legal access to those forms?  I would think not (not that such minor things as illegality would stop them).

I doubt this can happen; at least not to any great extent.  I doubt it not because of a lack of desire on the part of officials but because I don't see it as physically possible...what are they going to do; stop all other LE activities while they go door to door to confiscate weapons???

Further, even if they use the 4473's think of how inaccurate that data is if it's more than just a two or three years old...I've bought a lot of firearms over the years but I think of all the firearms I currently own only in the case of two of them would those forms be accurate.

I think before such a confiscation program could get off the ground this would be in federal court.

Do state "officials" even have legal access to those forms?  I would think not (not that such minor things as illegality would stop them).

I doubt this can happen; at least not to any great extent.  I doubt it not because of a lack of desire on the part of officials but because I don't see it as physically possible...what are they going to do; stop all other LE activities while they go door to door to confiscate weapons???

Further, even if they use the 4473's think of how inaccurate that data is if it's more than just a two or three years old...I've bought a lot of firearms over the years but I think of all the firearms I currently own only in the case of two of them would those forms be accurate.

I think before such a confiscation program could get off the ground this would be in federal court.

They can do it. It'll just take time and a few SWAT teams.

Plus, they might try to make an example out of the first few houses they go to so they can scare the rest in to compliance.

Maybe kicking in the door, a couple gun owners getting killed, or getting really long jail times, etc.

How did Hitler do what he did?

Just saying. Anything is possible. Edited by JohnC
  • Like 2

They can do it. It'll just take time and a few SWAT teams.Plus, they might try to make an example out of the first few houses they go to so they can scare the rest in to compliance.Maybe kicking in the door, a couple gun owners getting killed, or getting really long jail times, etc.How did Hitler do what he did?Just saying. Anything is possible.

This ^^
There are a lot of felons in the hood that ha e weapons illegally, why don't they walk through there and disarm them? Because they will het called racist, get attacked in riot style, and shot at. They are attacking law abiding citizens with a false sense of security believing that they will not fight back. I know some won't, but these liberals don't want crime down, they want people who oppose them disarmed.
  • Like 3
Thanks for linking that. Good article. I likedv the comment that said 'The government is rising up against it's citizens.

I think (...that means i dont know; i think...) they are; but they are evidently pretty high handed and overbearing up there... This kind of door kickin and house-to-house searchin has never happened in a wholesale manner since post-civil war reconstruction... They didnt even do that in the Prohibition days of the Eighteenth amendment banning liquor; and that wuz at the federal level...

leroy

Another thing these idiot authoritarian politicians need to think about once one story of storm troopers killing some citizen while raiding their house to seize their guns, is not only will they start decent patriots rising up in arms,(possibly literally), they will give an excuse to the probable thousands of Timothy McVeigh's waiting and wanting something to happen. Edited by K191145
  • Like 2