Your wood Stove will soon violate Federal Law

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

"There's not a stove in the United States that can pass the test right now — this is the death knoll of any wood burning," Reg Kelly, the founder of Earth Outdoor Furnaces in Mountain Grove, told Missouri lawmakers during a recent hearing."

These SOB's cant leave ANYTHING alone. 

http://news.yahoo.com/federal-wood-burning-rule-prompts-rural-backlash-161516423.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

If the EPA took into account the resources that go into manufacturing electricity, be it standard or alternative, I'd imagine it is more detrimental to the environment than wood stoves.

The only way alternative energy works is due to petroleum.

Probably has more to do with the fact that they can't tax you on the wood you burn

Edited by sigmtnman

...a cheap heating source for low-income residents and others wanting to lessen their reliance on gas or electric furnaces....

That is not true.  Everyone has a wood fire source where we are.  You can't heat a home with electricity like you can with wood.

Besides if anyone has priced most decent wood stoves or the newer outside burners, they are quite expensive.

This will be a great opportunity for a patriotic act of civil disobediance. I don't have a wood burning stove and no place to install it but now seriously considering looking for one, law or no law. I'm really getting sick of this crap, really getting sick of this crap.
I bet these EPA Know-It-All's wet their drawers whenever God's nature lights off a forest fire somewhere. I'm building a house with a wood stove AND a fireplace.... oh the horror!

I'm starting to feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. Strange fools we have in charge for sure. If they want to save the planet, they should just stop their own hot air.
  • Like 3

Typical fear mongering.  :shake:  

The EPA's existing regulations date to 1988 and don't apply to all of the different kinds of wood-burning devices now in use. Under a proposed rule change released last month, the EPA would give manufacturers five years to meet standards that would reduce emissions by an estimated 80 percent.
... The agency's proposed rules would not affect stoves already in homes.

Existing units will be grandfathered in, just like the last few times they updated the regulations.  The new regulations will cause investment in developing the stoves and improvements in the performance and efficiency, just like the last time they updated the regulations.  Think things like modern clean burning, high efficiency stoves were developed due to consumer demand?  Think again.

https://www.chimneysweeponline.com/hoepareg.htm

Typical fear mongering.  :shake:  

Existing units will be grandfathered in, just like the last few times they updated the regulations.  The new regulations will cause investment in developing the stoves and improvements in the performance and efficiency, just like the last time they updated the regulations.  Think things like modern clean burning, high efficiency stoves were developed due to consumer demand?  Think again.

https://www.chimneysweeponline.com/hoepareg.htm

Yes, actually consumer demand has caused the efficiency to increase.  This is before the newest regulations.  When is the last time you shopped for a wood stove?

...The EPA's existing regulations date to 1988...

The technology has changed a lot over the last 10 years without the .gov interference.

That said the newer tech stoves run from $1800 and up, while the old style are still available for $500 and under.  Nothing like putting it to the folks who can afford it the least.  The shame is those same folks probably carry a quater the carbon footprint of your average libtard.

Edited by sigmtnman
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to them trying to enforce that in Alaska where 85% of the homes up there heat with wood if they live outside any of the few big cities up there. I think it may be a push to try and get more homes to move over to Natural gas since they have such an abundance of it now...........jmho

BTW, more of a threat to wood burning stoves is the Wood.

I don't know the exact counties included but several counties are quarantined.

Example, last I checked Anderson Co was quarantined wood.  Not allowed to export wood to burn from Anderson but It was Ok to import it.

The surrounding counties where border quarantine or something.

At least the last time I checked it was OK for me to hall wood from my parents place to Anderson Co.  However once in Anderson it wasn't suppose to leave.

I don't have the current map.v

http://dalehollowhorizon.com/tennessee-wood-quarantined-in-some-counties/

http://www.dontmovefirewood.org/blog/regulations-tennessee.html

"In general, the restrictions in Tennessee allow you to move firewood from a non-regulated county to a regulated county, but that material cannot come back out of the regulated county unless it meets certain requirements."

Edited by vontar

Yes, actually consumer demand has caused the efficiency to increase. This is before the newest regulations. When is the last time you shopped for a wood stove?

Been shopping for one for several years. Just had other financial priorities unfortunately.

The technology has changed a lot over the last 10 years without the .gov interference.

True, but it would not have been nearly as fast without the regulation changes.

But again, if folks would actually bother to read beyond the sensational headlines, you might learn that this only applies to new stoves. "The man" isn't going to come take your old one. It also won't affect buying a used one.
Guest TankerHC

Been shopping for one for several years. Just had other financial priorities unfortunately.

But again, if folks would actually bother to read beyond the sensational headlines, you might learn that this only applies to new stoves. "The man" isn't going to come take your old one. It also won't affect buying a used one.

Its another gut on that industry. Who cares about the old stoves? The people who own them are not going to turn them in. BUT, the new stoves will be cost prohibitive for most people who burn wood, there are people in the US who work in the Industry that build stoves, there are companies who support those people. Read the entire regulation, it isnt just wood stoves.

Another attempt to get everyone to move to "clean energy", which has nothing to do with burning wood and everything to do with one failed clean energy experiement after another costing the US Taxpayer billions.

There is no water shortage in California, their water shortage is due to over regulation, BS like this.

The fires in California have everything to do with "Environmentalism". Read or listen to the guys who have to fight those fires, if the idiots hugging trees would allow them to clear underbrush half of California wouldnt burn every year.

This is another add on. People who ignore the obvious are causes for allowing the Politicians to continue doing this BS. 

Actually, I read the whole article and saw that thank you very much...

That will do nothing for someone who NEEDS a replacement one day and that is their sole source of heat and they can't afford the new models.

Go big .gov!

That will do nothing for someone who NEEDS a replacement one day and that is their sole source of heat and they can't afford the new models.

Yup, that is why I am going to try to make sure my parents get one soon weather they want one of not.  Theirs is ready to be replaced anyways, the thing is probably over 20 years if not pushing 25 or 30.  It has been their sole source of heat for all those years as well.  Mine is only about 15 years old.

I know theirs needs replaced, if it wasn't for having to store for years, I would consider buying a second one for myself.  But buy the time I need it, it would be rusted probably from a lack of use.