Russia invades Crimea ?

Fourtyfive

Guest TankerHC

Amazing.

I was listening to MSNBC for a moment. They were pretty excited. "A breakthrough in negotiations, John Kerry has organized negotiations to bring all parties to the table in Paris"

Turn to CNN "Putin says the Russians wont be attending"

Turn to Fox "The power player in negotiations right now is Angela Merkel of Germany, she showed resolve when speaking to Putin and he respects that, Putin will be negotiating with Merkel, their countries are heavily tied together in energy from Russia, Merkel is looking pretty powerful at the moment, probably the most powerful women on the globe".

What happened to Hillary, wasnt she brought out for Syria, why not Ukraine? Putin was slapping Obama around, looks like in a matter of minutes he used both hands and took whacks at Obama and Kerry simultaneously. 

Crimeny, we have rank amateurs in Washington. 

Edited by TankerHC

I don't know what the big deal is, the Russians have been in Crimea for the last 15 to 20 years or so. They have a Navy base  there and their military is only showing force to the Ukranians right now. Relax fella's!

Dave

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

I don't know what the big deal is, the Russians have been in Crimea for the last 15 to 20 years or so. They have a Navy base  there and their military is only showing force to the Ukranians right now. Relax fella's!

Dave

One of the funny thing's about this not so funny situation. Follow the Forum posts of the Ukrainians and Russians. On some locations they are responding to each other. The Ukrainians saying Putin is using NAZI tactics and excuses, the Russians calling the Ukrainians Fascists and NAZI's. Maybe they have more in common than they think. 

Yeah we do ... the ammo and guns. Especially the ammo.

No we don’t; their ammo is junk and so are their guns.
Claiming stuff is good just because it is cheap is what got us in this mess.

I may have to buy foreign made TV’s and computers, but I sure don’t have to buy foreign made guns or ammo.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
[quote name="DaveTN" post="1120687" timestamp="1394062788"]No we don’t; their ammo is junk and so are their guns. Claiming stuff is good just because it is cheap is what got us in this mess. I may have to buy foreign made TV’s and computers, but I sure don’t have to buy foreign made guns or ammo.[/quote] I knew someone would say this and was waiting for it. 1) One Word: AK-47 2) Anyone that currently purchases Russian "crap" that at some point in the future can no longer purchase it, what do you think will happen to the price of the superior ammo that you purchase? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew someone would say this and was waiting for it. 1) One Word: AK-47 2)

Saiga. None of them in any caliber work, right?

Anyone that currently purchases Russian "crap" that at some point in the future can no longer purchase it, what do you think will happen to the price of the superior ammo that you purchase?

Remington .223 bulk out of 16" barrel: 2840

Brown Bear, Barnaul: 2929, and 40% cheaper.

- OS

I may have to buy foreign made TV’s and computers, but I sure don’t have to buy foreign made guns or ammo.

I shoot Russian ammo for 3-GUN. Not one hiccup in over a year. Not one. It hits what I aim at, it's cheap, and I don't worry about picking up cases. Far from junk, I'd say.

Damn, this is a new level of bullsh*t even for you....I'm impressed.

• Like 5

Claiming stuff is good just because it is cheap is what got us in this .

I'll bet you $10 there are a lot of vets from 'Nam, and probably Korea too, who would wholeheartedly disagree with you about that. You know, being on the receiving end of all that inferior stuff and all. My dad was in the Marines in Hue, during Tet, and he and his gang sure respected the hell out of that stuff. Edited by superduty
  • Like 1
Guest copperhead_1911

I'll bet you $10 there are a lot of vets from 'Nam, and probably Korea too, who would wholeheartedly disagree with you about that. You know, being on the receiving end of all that inferior stuff and all. My dad was in the Marines in Hue, during Tet, and he and his gang sure respected the hell out of that stuff.

I think all of us will agree that you respect anything that is being shot at you during war. Except maybe spit balls.

I think all of us will agree that you respect anything that is being shot at you during war. Except maybe spit balls.

Agreed.
My argument is that, if one is trying to say that a weapons platform(s) is junk, one which, by the way, has probably taken as many, if not more, lives than any other in modern warfare/conflict, one should probably not classify such a platform or its ammunition as crap, because 50 years of history sure seems to show that its doing the job. And there would be many, many people - lots of them dead or wounded- who would not classify it so in the least. Edited by superduty
Guest copperhead_1911

Agreed.
My argument is that, if one is trying to say that a weapons platform(s) is junk, one which, by the way, has probably taken as many, if not more, lives than any other in modern warfare/conflict, one should probably not classify such a platform or its ammunition as crap, because 50 years of history sure seems to show that its doing the job. And there would be many, many people who would not classify it so in the least.

My uncle told me in nam when they first issued the m-16 and were having all the problems lots of the troops wanted to take aks off of the dead Vietcong. The officers were not to happy about that. He often said many guys trusted their sidearms ( if they had them) more than the rifle.

It is a real shame that any weapon our troops have often means the company was the "low bidder'

My uncle told me in nam when they first issued the m-16 and were having all the problems lots of the troops wanted to take aks off of the dead Vietcong. The officers were not to happy about that. He often said many guys trusted their sidearms ( if they had them) more than the rifle.

It is a real shame that any weapon our troops have often means the company was the "low bidder'

Those issues were worked out a long, long time ago. The modern M16/M4 functions absolutely flawlessly if maintained properly. The modern stories of rifles failing in the sandbox are because they're operated by undisciplined children with worthless NCOs who have never put a dab of CLP on their rifle and the damn thing is full of desert dust. I've carried M16 series rifles for over a decade through deserts in half a dozen different countries. My rifle has always functioned fine flawlessly, even with dust, carbon, water and even the Chicken and Rice menu MRE in the upper. The rifle is just more reliable than some of the troops who have no business carrying one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Guest theconstitutionrocks

So the AK platform is junk? Yeah I guess you are right..it is only the most popular, reliable assault weapon in the world 

Guest copperhead_1911

y8y5u9u8.jpg

And what do they both have in common? They are both better men than Obama. ( at least since Mustaine has been saves)

I am still a believer , I think we have a secret weapon (place tin foil hat on and continue reading) , if we are threatened by air we will take it down , if threatened by water we will sink it , if they step on our soil , god be with them , we are behind every tree and locked and loaded.

Sleep safe and sound ; one eye open.
Guest copperhead_1911

ain't no one invading the USA.  As messed up as this place is no one wants to invade a place where everyone owns a rifle.

The liberals, illegal aliens, and many refugees and certain types of legal immigrants already have. Hence why its going to hell.

Guest semiautots

ain't no one invading the USA.  As messed up as this place is no one wants to invade a place where everyone owns a rifle.

I guess they could invade New York City, Boston, and Washington DC.

• Moderators
[quote name="semiautots" post="1121954" timestamp="1394306232"]I guess they could invade New York City, Boston, and Washington DC.[/quote] There is a very strong case to be made that the Commies already have.
  • Like 1
Guest copperhead_1911

I guess they could invade New York City, Boston, and Washington DC.

California has already been invaded.

They can have those cities as long as they stay there.