NEW LETTERS FROM STATE OF CT. TO GUN OWNERS.

1959842_10151911939276879_1111131907_n.j

This is what i was talking about that their goal would be - they knew that alot of people would not register and that this is the only way for this Government to take our guns away.

Confiscation was always their goal - they knew if they make people register their guns that there will be many that want comply but that was the only way for them to take the guns away - now its up to the people to choose what to do - Stand up and fight or give them up, These politicians have gone over board we have to do something about it soon.

• Like 2

i was reading it on THE BLAZE, they are not sure yet but this is what they say - a letter does exist

UPDATE: A spokesperson with the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit of the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection told TheBlaze that a letter has been drafted to send to gun owners who are found to be in possession of unregistered semi-automatic rifles deemed illegal by the state’s new gun control law. However, “not a one” letter has been sent out so far.

The spokesperson, who didn’t want to identify herself, refused to comment on the content of the draft letter. When we asked what other action the state plans to take against owners of unregistered so-called “assault rifles, the spokesperson said we should contact the governor’s office because that’s where they get their orders from.

It’s not clear if the letter published by the Capitalism Institute is authentic, though we can confirm a draft letter does exist.

–

After tens of thousands of defiant gun owners in Connecticut chose not to register their semi-automatic rifles to comply with a hastily-passed gun control law, the state is now taking some action. Officials are reportedly notifying gun owners who submitted late applications that they have one last chance to get rid of their “illegal” weapons.

State officials did accept some gun registration applications that were submitted after the Jan. 4 deadline, however, not all late applications were accepted, the Journal Inquirer reports.

“But rather than turn that information over to prosecutors, state officials are giving the gun owners a chance to get rid of the weapons and magazines,” the report adds.

So gun owners who actually tried to register their guns and magazines, intentionally late or not, are now on the state’s radar for owning guns that became illegal overnight. Owning an unregistered semi-automatic rifle or high-capacity magazine that was legal prior to Jan. 3 is now a class D felony under the new law.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

The beatings will now begin! A part of me hopes the state goes for it. It will certainly show a lot. Maybe even stir up something

the modern day Gestapo won't want. It doesn't matter whether the state or feds pass laws like these. They are equally unjust.

the line in the sand.

Supposedly we are law abiding.  So supposedly we would be against these lawbreaker's behavior?   Or is this the revolution at last, a "we the people declare that law null and void"?  

Regardless, these folks are breaking the law and no longer does the term "law abiding" apply to them.

Or this could be colored as a peaceful protest to a bad law, 1960s style.

Time will tell...

• Like 1

I'm trying to think if there is much left to be said about this unless or until the Connecticut authorities actually do something. This could turn into something extremely serious or CT may just tuck tail and "enforce" this law only if they actually arrest someone for possessing an "illegal" weapon when it's in the person's possession and they get stopped/encounter LE for some other reason.

Time will tell.

i was reading it on THE BLAZE, they are not sure yet but this is what they say - a letter does exist

UPDATE: A spokesperson with the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit of the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection told TheBlaze that a letter has been drafted to send to gun owners who are found to be in possession of unregistered semi-automatic rifles deemed illegal by the state’s new gun control law. However, “not a one” letter has been sent out so far.

The spokesperson, who didn’t want to identify herself, refused to comment on the content of the draft letter. 

The OP's image of the letter (signed) does not match up with this statement. What bureaucrat in their right mind would put a SIGNATURE on a draft letter? It's just not done that way. The Signature shows the letter is done. No one signs a draft. Someone's lying.

Edited by QuietDan
Guest 6.8 AR

Now, Dan. Who would lie? :D

I wish when people post things like this, they would say they received it and not pass it on to someone else to do that. That

could have happened. We just don't know, though.

I found this source following the Guns.com article. I would think the letter is real after seeing the part of the article that I could

without subscribing to their rag.

http://www.journalinquirer.com/politics_and_government/one-more-chance-for-gun-owners/article_2d8f816a-9d93-11e3-b18e-0019bb2963f4.html

Maybe that takes some heat away from the Blaze.

Guest 6.8 AR

And that way will at least be a legitimate way for some gun seizures. I'd hate to think a cop would do that to someone without a better

reason. That is, since it is an unjust law, otherwise.

Guest TankerHC

the line in the sand.

Supposedly we are law abiding.  So supposedly we would be against these lawbreaker's behavior?   Or is this the revolution at last, a "we the people declare that law null and void"?  

Regardless, these folks are breaking the law and no longer does the term "law abiding" apply to them.

Or this could be colored as a peaceful protest to a bad law, 1960s style.

Time will tell...

NOPE. If this were going to be a catalyst it would have already happened, a long time ago. Confiscations have been going on in California for over a year. 

They will see how California Police Departments are doing it without repercussion and just do the same thing. 

Edited by TankerHC

What if they don't specifically define "permanently inoperable?"  Some cagey lawyer could argue a lower separated from an upper is permanently useless in that state even though it could be combined again in the future.  You could even take an AR-15 down further, couldn't you?  

Also, what if a Conn. resident did send his gun out of state?  Isn't the burden of proof on the government to prove he didn't comply with law, rather than the burden be on him to prove that he did comply with the law?  If a court agreed with that view, then any raids and confiscations would have to be based on a reasonable suspicion (like an ex-wife ratting on her former spouse) rather than, "How do I know you didn't get rid of your guns?"  Of course, we have already seen Conn. courts uphold an unconstitutional law, so I won't hold my breath that they will see the light.

I can understand them getting by with it in California. Those folks out there have an issue with authority.They are scared to death of it so they just comply. I don't think the folks up in CT will be as quick to surrender and throw up a white flag...............jmho.

Guest TankerHC

I can understand them getting by with it in California. Those folks out there have an issue with authority.They are scared to death of it so they just comply. I don't think the folks up in CT will be as quick to surrender and throw up a white flag...............jmho.

You could be right, just the fact that 100,000 of them didnt even bother complying surprised the heck out of me. Then the first letter didnt scare them into complying, and now I dont think a second letter is going to force them to comply either. So the only thing left for the State is confiscation. 

Considering what I have been reading from Coloradans posting on the news articles about all of this. If I were a LEO tasked with confiscation, Im not so sure I wouldn't have a small Army with me, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to do it in a cul de sac from every indication that's coming from the people of that State.

But then again, it could be nothing more than a lot of talk. But we will see I suppose. But then, this is as much a result of voter apathy as it is the people who went to the polls and put these people in public office. Hopefully there are some people in some States who have learned a lesson. Many others are still in need. 

Don't you all realize guv'mint wants us to break laws? Why do you think they keep writing and passing local state and federal legislation? How else can they exert power over the honest law abiding citizens unless there are so many laws it becomes impossible to be law abiding? There's a great passage in Atlas shrugged which is eerily prophetic.
  • Moderators

To Officials of the State of Connecticut: Either Enforce or Repeal 2013 Anti-gun Laws.

Rocky Hill CT, March 3, 2014: A recent media tidal wave based on false reports and bad journalism has proven a few things about the 2013 Gun Ban: people from Connecticut and around the nation are tired of being threatened; are ready to make a stand; and the State of Connecticut does not have the stomach to enforce the edicts and laws with which they threaten gun owners.

For years, Undersecretary Michael Lawlor, the upper levels of the State Police, and Governor Dannel Malloy have sought to disarm those whom they fear. The laws they passed show that they fear constitutionally and lawfully armed citizens. Despite thousands of gun owners showing up at each legislative session expecting to be heard by their ‘representatives’, government officials seized upon public panic related to the Newtown Massacre, as a means to exert legislative and executive fiats intent upon disarming gun owners who have harmed no one. The Connecticut Executive and Legislative branches showed their cowardice when they installed metal detectors and armed guards at the entrances to the Legislative Office Building (LOB) only for firearms-related hearings.

Gun hating officials now have their laws on the books in Connecticut. They dreamed up those laws, in their tyrannical dystopias, but it was NOT the majority of the public that supported such laws. Despite all the severe legal language that the government passed, there is still no open discussion of enforcing those tyrannical laws, as they stand. Throughout the Legislature and the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP), there is only talk of "amnesty" and possibly boiling the frog at a slower rate.

It comes as no surprise that the talks of relaxing enforcement expectations go along with legislators trying to get past their re-election deadlines. If the anti-gun laws they passed are so good for everyone in this state, then why are elected officials requesting increased security, both at the LOB and at their private homes? The anti-gun legislators and officials are scared to implement their tyranny because they know that they did not have any sort of ‘consent of the governed’. Those officials violated their oaths of office, as the Executive and Legislative branches of our Connecticut government overstepped their moral and constitutional responsibilities by passing those laws: they acted and voted contrary to our Rights and against our Constitution.

Now, State officials look down the barrel of the laws that they created, and it is very probably that they now tremble as they rethink the extremity of their folly. Connecticut Carry calls on every State official, every Senator, and every Representative, to make the singular decision: Either enforce the laws as they are written and let us fight it out in court, or else repeal the 2013 Gun Ban in its entirety.
As many media sources have pointed out, there is very little compliance with the new edicts, and there is absolutely no way for the State to know who is obeying the law or not. State officials have made their bluff, and Undersecretary Lawlor has made his position clear, that the State will enforce the laws. We say: Bring it on. The officials of the State of Connecticut have threatened its citizens by fiat. They have roared on paper, but they have violated Principle. Now it's time for the State to man-up: either enforce its edicts or else stand-down and return to the former laws that did not so violently threaten the citizens of this state.

There is nothing that will so completely destroy faith in those edicts faster than the State-provoked chaos and violence that will be required to enforce the 2013 anti-gun laws. Connecticut residents should not have to live in perpetual fear of "the jack boot" coming down on them. Unenforced, frequently repeated threats fall on deaf ears. By passing laws that they cannot or choose not to enforce, State officials tell the public that this State is ignorant, immoral, blind, and impotent in its legal and decision making processes. The passage of such foolishly conceived, insufferable laws is an affront to every law-abiding citizen. Every official who supports such legal foolishness mocks our State and the Constitution they swore to uphold.

If the state does not have the stomach to enforce these laws, then the legislature has until May 7th, 2014 to completely repeal these immoral edicts and let the residents of Connecticut return to their rightfully owned property and former exercise of constitutional rights and practices without any threat of State violence.

“From Governor Malloy, to Undersecretary Lawlor to DESPP, Commissioner Schriro, and Lieutenant Cooke of the firearms unit, and including Lt. Paul Vance, the state needs to ####, or get off the pot. The fact is, the state does not have the balls to enforce these laws. The laws would not survive the public outcry and resistance that would occur.” - Connecticut Carry Director Ed Peruta

If officials of the State of Connecticut opt to get ‘froggy’ (jumping on citizens) and start to enforce the new laws (as officials have claimed a desire to do), Connecticut Carry stands ready to do whatever it takes and whatever it can do to represent and defend anyone impacted by the State’s violence.

“As citizens of Connecticut, we have a right to bear arms. With that right comes responsibility. The responsibility to stand in defense of ourselves and our fellow citizens is paramount.” – Connecticut Carry President Rich Burgess

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2
Guest TankerHC

In case anyone else is wondering about that May 7th date, that is the day the CT State Legislature adjourns from the regular session, also the day amnesty runs out for anyone who requested and received it, also the day the laws are locked in until the next session unless an emergency session is called.

If I was a gun owner in CT I would want the Leo’s on my side in getting this legislation overturned, and even asking them not to enforce it. Threatening to shoot cops is about the dumbest freaking thing I can think of for them to do. I know it’s just hot air coming from keyboard cowboys, but it isn’t helping anyone.