Start saving your gun money - CMT .308 Billet Receivers are coming!

MacGyver

• Admin Team

Following our group buy last year, a lot of people have asked if Cross Machine Tool has any plans to manufacture .308 receivers.

I'm thrilled to get to announce this to you guys, but they're right around the corner, and they look every bit as good as their AR-15 pattern receivers.  I've just finished building a pre-release set, and I've got to say that I am beyond impressed at the quality of the receiver set.  I've built a lot of ARs over the years, and I've not built on a platform with higher quality.

I'll get some pictures of the finished build up in a day or so.  I'm still waiting on a flash hider.  But, in the meantime, here are some quick preview pictures:

5C3FFF06-65B5-47F9-90D8-8773D09D25F3.jpg

BE1226FE-28CA-4C00-97F3-7AF5EB228EEC.jpg

My build consisted of the following parts:

ALG Defense parts kit and QMS trigger - I've got to say, this is a great trigger for the price

.308 front pivot pin

DPMS .308 rear takedown pin

.308 dust cover

Midlength gas tube

ICE Arms Low profile gas block

ICE Arms .308 Bolt carrier group

Magpul MIAD grip

Magpul CTR stock

Blackhole Weaponry 18" 1:11" polygonal rifled barrel

AAC 51T Brakeout Flash hider muzzle brake

BCM Gunfighter 7.62 Mod 4 charging handle

Knights Armament URX 3.1 7.62 Rail Adapter System - this is why I was looking for the wrench last week

I haven't had the opportunity to put more than a half dozen rounds through it, but am looking forward to really dialing it in for accuracy over the next few weeks.

We should be THRILLED to be having these built here in Tennessee. So join me in congratulating CMT and moreover - Start saving your gun money!

• Like 6
  • Admin Team

AWESOME!!!!!!! Do you have any idea the price range for the set? If not that is ok I will still get one.

I'll let CMT speak to specific pricing, but from what I've heard, the price is going to be pretty compelling.

• Admin Team

OMG this site is going to break me ! I'm in for one ...... :yum:

I know people are going to be saying bad words under their breath this afternoon.  Like I said, drink less Starbucks or something ;)

• Admin Team

Are we going to see some with the TGO logo on the side?

I'd love to hope we will at some point, but I know that CMT is going to have a lot of demand keeping them busy as soon as these launch.

I know that no one has unlimited funds - I sure don't.  But, I would tell our members not to wait on a group buy if you're interested in one of these.  They're going to be offered at a great price point.  Support one of our vendors and keep some of your gun money in Tennesse!

• Like 3
Super excited to see this happening! While I'm not "holding my breath" for a group buy on these, let's say I'm... uh... putting an envelope somewhere which will receive $5-10 every now and then... ya know... in case anything happens with this. ;-)

Super excited to see this happening! While I'm not "holding my breath" for a group buy on these, let's say I'm... uh... putting an envelope somewhere which will receive $5-10 every now and then... ya know... in case anything happens with this. ;-)

Yeah, but make sure you label that is on the envelop tho. Was doing that for three rifle builds and went in and bought a car with the money.

Man oh man oh man...

I've started putting my modified M&P 10 through it's paces and I have been having a blast. I'm learning a lot and was thinking about shooting it at a precision rifle class this fall.

But ( and I have a big one so it carries a lot if weight ) what I really wanted to do was build an AR 10 with a 20" barrel. And I've been thinking about pleading with CMT to start building receivers so this is freaking great news.

So sign me up right now.

And, later on, if we get to do a TGO 10 to go with my TGO 15, sign me up then as well...

Mark

Damn you all. I'm going to have to disappear again for a few years. SInce coming back I now have 3 ARs (had 2), 1 AR Pistol build, two glocks, bunch of accessories.. But more than likely if the parts fall in the right price range and the other parts are easy to find, I might partake in this as well.. but this time I'll get the combo.. 

• Admin Team

I want to reiterate that a group buy isn't even being discussed right now.  These are being offered at a price point that is practically a "group buy" price already!

Anyone who's interested in .308 receivers, supporting one of our vendors and supporting a TN manufacturer should take a close look at these receiver sets.

• Admin Team

Marc, I'd encourage you to inquire with CMT on whole rifles.  While I know that they only do the occasional build, I'm sure they'd be more than willing to talk to you about it.

I'll certainly make any tools/knowledge I have available to anyone who wants to put one together, and I know that several others here have helped a bunch of our members out when putting things together.

• Like 1

Think 338 Federal, .358 Winchester, etc...

Or, if you aren't satisfied with the .458 SOCOM, you can go up to .450 Marlin!

There ya go again, getting me to thinking

.450 Marlin

350 gr (23 g) JFN

2,100 ft/s (640 m/s)

3,427 ft·lbf (4,646 J)

.458 SOCOM

250 gr (16 g) SP

655 m/s (2,150 ft/s)

3,478 J (2,565 ft·lbf)