500,000 rounds of 22 - Brentwood, TN

Guest devline

Here's another way to look at it... Every time I've been in there, there have been people asking for 22. Usually all that's there is some boutique loads at high prices at best. If they have a higher price, likely they can keep some on the shelf and then if someone *really* needs it, they can at least buy some rather than having the shelves empty. Maybe they even paid above the odds to get this stuff just to be able to supply it (maybe one of those bullet bitches could see the writing on the wall and wanted to clear their stock while they could still make a profit on it). This place had ammo available back last year when nobody else had *any*.

Either way, if it's too expensive, people won't buy it and they'll lower their price. If the price is right, it'll sell and they'll make more effort to get more.

• Like 1

Only because there is no shortage of stupid people with short memory spans.

That's America, brother. Hence CTD and BHO.

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

CTD may be the smartest guys in the room.  Don't get me wrong, I scoffed at their $75 Pmags and $100 bricks of 22 like most everybody else, but they've got a reason for what they do and it's not just to blindly rip people off.  They've been around for about 20 years I think, and they're not going away anytime soon.  I'm sure the last few years have been good to them as they get crucified on forums.

And they do have good prices when there is an oversupply.  Several times recently they've had 9 mil ammo for 22 cents a round or less (steel case). 

• Like 1

CTD may be the smartest guys in the room.  Don't get me wrong, I scoffed at their $75 Pmags and $100 bricks of 22 like most everybody else, but they've got a reason for what they do and it's not just to blindly rip people off.  They've been around for about 20 years I think, and they're not going away anytime soon.  I'm sure the last few years have been good to them as they get crucified on forums.

And they do have good prices when there is an oversupply.  Several times recently they've had 9 mil ammo for 22 cents a round or less (steel case). 

Yep, all they did was repeat the drill during the '08 panic. They'd have been biz stupid not to, they already had proof of success.

Hell, I'm one of the few who admit I'll still buy from them. My bucks are relatively "amoral", they go where the deals are for the most part. I even own a Moonie gun.

- OS

• Like 1

Hell, I'm one of the few who admit I'll still buy from them. My bucks are relatively "amoral", they go where the deals are for the most part. I even own a Moonie gun.

- OS

Me Too, except for the moonie gun

Edited by broox

My understanding is that the CTD complaint isn't so much about raising prices (though plenty seem upset by that) as the mass cancellation of already placed orders to force them to re-order at higher prices.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1
The difference in my mind is CTD is a faceless internet company. It's easy to forgive when the deals are good. Brick and mortar you have to look the same guy in the face that tried to bend you over last year. Tougher to swallow in my mind. And for those saying "what did they pay for it". Honestly I don't care. If they paid $60 and brick, their buyer needs his head examined.
  • Like 1

Not if it's clear they could sell for 70. They're there to fulfill their customers' needs, not to bleed out to prove a point.

With that said, I'm not paying that much and I don't suggest anyone else does either. Anyone been in lately to see if anyone is actually buying this stuff?

Edited by tnguy
[quote name="tnguy" post="1124640" timestamp="1394827896"]Not if it's clear they could sell for 70. They're there to fulfill their customers' needs, not to bleed out to prove a point. With that said, I'm not paying that much and I don't suggest anyone else does either. Anyone been in lately to see if anyone is actually buying this stuff?[/quote] Selling a few bricks at $70 maybe true, but 2 skids full....we'll see I guess.

I watched it for a few minutes - I think they're deleting comments as fast as people can post them..  (Probably) overheard in the store: "Quick, everybody have everyone you know like this so we don't look so bad!"

Edited by JPS