Lumber_Jack's moving to Nashville (need a job too)

Yeah don't do the Brentwood thing, we lived there for a year and hated it.  Short version of the story:  traffic was horrendous, expenses were high and a lot of pricks and wannabe pricks live in that area. - Obviously not everyone there is an asshole so don't take that personally.  As for expenses, we were paying about $200 more per month for a 2 bedroom apartment than we are in mortgage for a three level house on about 2 acres in Fairview... Oh and the electric bill for that apartment somehow was always higher... not sure how that even happens

I agree there are parts of metro Nashville that are not where you want to live, but as someone who cannot stand sitting in traffic, I can say there are areas of town which offer great quality of life, reasonable price, and a commute that doesn't rob you of your sanity or... hours a week of your life. With that said, we have many friends who commute in and say they seem to love it. You might also consider the hours in which the Mrs. will be making that commute.
  • 1 month later...

Lumberjack, if you will:

1) Please let us know when you move... if there aren't moving trucks and paid folks involved, some of us will be glad to help out if we can.

2) Let us know when you get to town and have the headroom for dinner out.   Let's have a smallish meet up at one of the great restaurants around town - be it sushi or hot chicken - or Gabby's Burgers and Fries.

• Like 1
[quote name="Peace" post="1145814" timestamp="1399211066"]Lumberjack, if you will: 1) Please let us know when you move... if there aren't moving trucks and paid folks involved, some of us will be glad to help out if we can. 2) Let us know when you get to town and have the headroom for dinner out. Let's have a smallish meet up at one of the great restaurants around town - be it sushi or hot chicken - or Gabby's Burgers and Fries.[/quote] Sounds great. I appreciate the ofer to help. This however is going to be a paid venture. After disc herniation surgery it's just not worth the risk to save a few bucks. I'm all down for a meet and eat :) probably be end of June first of July, before I can breathe again.

Well it's official. We signed a lease agreement for a condo in Lenox Village today. We are excited that's over with. Gonna be weird being a 'middle tn' resident

Welcome to the neighborhood!  I live 2 minutes up the road from Lenox.  Others have mentioned Burger Republic and Sushi O Sushi, and they are my favorite restaurants in that area.

• Like 1