BREAKING Better buy all the 5.45 you can find

Not sure if this is a repost

This was confirmed by aimsurplus, SG ammo and other vendors to be legit

I don't personally own an ak74 or other variants but I know plenty do

http://rationalgun.blogspot.com/2014/03/545x39mm-is-rumored-to-have-been-banned.html?m=1

This Is the post from copes on the ARF forums

"Confirmed from the IMPORT BRANCH of the BATFE…Just got off the phone with them….Exact words No more Imports of 5.45×39 Ammo……. Don’t hate me as we are OUT OF STOCK ALREADY….. Just delivering the message…" Edited by mcordell

This stuff won't change until something else gets changed.

Ah, everyone go give the ATF a group hug. :D

There are a heck of a lot more of us than there is of them. Pick your them.

If we all had sense and stood up on our own hind legs with our courts and our legislatures and our properly chosen executives, we wouldn't have to put up with this crap and could return to a documented constitutionally ordered government once again.

• Like 2

Does anybody manufacture this stuff domestically? I know there are manufacturers of 7.62x39 but what about 5.45?

I was just thinking that, now they might...or at least make brass, bullets, and dies!

That whole" Arfcom witch hunt" is dumb-it's been possible for people to readily build pistols in this caliber for a long time and BATF was well aware of this.

...-Another fun caliber I can't shoot anymore due to an industry created panic.
There is no fully american manufactured 5.45. Although Hornady has a 5.45 vmax load, the primed cases come from Russia.

Commercial 5.45 is available for around the some price as 7.62, if not just a few cents more/round. It just sucks that this happened (I think it's really over), because 7n6 is such a sweet round. The .16-.17/round price didn't hurt either. Just a bad day for gun owners.

Folks, look who started this on Facebook.

JAMES YEAGER!!!!!!!!  :yuck:  

That attention whore is just doing what he does best = :stir:

Yeah, I completely trolled that POS good for nothing prick on Facebook, and I wouldn't believe it if AIM or Cope's hadn't confirmed it.
A few days ago a WOLF spokesman said this is an internet hoax; has that changed?
This does not impact me as I don’t buy any foreign ammo, but if this is a hoax those that do buy it will pay dearly.

In some way it will cause our ammo made here to increase in cost, at least on the vendors end, and will also cause the price of gas to increase.
Real or not, I don't think there is a single round of surp 5.45 left in the country at prices from 36 hours ago. It happened that fast. I do think it is real because some credible industry personnel have verified it.

I never got into 5.45 but I do have two Mosins and a lot of 7.62x54r. I have not bought any of that ammo in a while but I'm thinking about getting a couple more crates when it's back in stock. It is now the last of the great surplus ammo out there (you might also include Swiss GP11 but it's more expensive). If someone produces a PSL-type pistol then it's gone.
[quote name="sjc1340" post="1131660" timestamp="1396114231"]The clown has a pen and a phone, he's already urinated on the Constitution[/quote] Which clown: Reagan, bush sr, Clinton, or bho. They all signed or spoke in favor of gun control. And leaked on the constitution in their own special ways.
  • Like 7

Maybe the prices on ak 74's will drop now?

I invested pretty heavily in this caliber a few years back...2 AK's and 2 AR's in 5.45 and this was the concern I heard from people. I've since gotten rid of all but 1 AR and a decent amount of ammo. I'd still like another ak74 but the price for mags was too high.

If no solution to the ammo debacle appears though, I suspect you're correct. The market will be flooded with rifles and parts.
16 pages on Arfcom, just read them all.
Seems that JBI is not the first to build and advertise a 5.45 pistol, been a few others ahead of them.

I don't (unfortunately) own anything that shoots surplus ammo so doesn't affect me directly but still its a load of bull. Edited by jonathon1289

Well JBI is getting blamed for it, so I bet their email is getting bombarded with hate mail anyway.

And AIM Surplus has taken the pages down that not too long ago had 10.5" and 11.5 "AR barrels in 5.45x39....that one could make a pistol with.  I hate to throw them under the bus as they're just about the finest online retailer to buy from and have no idea what the current definition of "manufacturing" is as far as the ATF goes but the parts have been out there. 

Edited by Garufa