Any other Game of Thrones fans? ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I think it was the pie that was poisoned, and not the wine. The camera zeroed in on the top of the pie after Joffrey cut it open. Plus, he had been drinking the wine from the start of the feast. He didn't start having trouble until he had eaten a few bites of the pie.

I think it was the pie that was poisoned, and not the wine. The camera zeroed in on the top of the pie after Joffrey cut it open. Plus, he had been drinking the wine from the start of the feast. He didn't start having trouble until he had eaten a few bites of the pie.

That's what my wife and I think as well.
[quote name="daddyo" post="1139133" timestamp="1397603449"]I think it was the pie that was poisoned, and not the wine. The camera zeroed in on the top of the pie after Joffrey cut it open. Plus, he had been drinking the wine from the start of the feast. He didn't start having trouble until he had eaten a few bites of the pie.[/quote] That's what my wife thinks as well. I wasn't really paying attention because I tend to tune out when Joffrey the Turd is on.

I was wondering about the zoom-in and I figured it was probably just showing some dead doves from where he hit it with the sword. I started trying to find more info but someone started pestering me but since they give me money for that, I had to divert my attention...

My wild-ass-guess is Shae.

Edited by tnguy

I'm a little surprised that nobody has been able to finger the right person yet.

PLOT SPOILER MAYBE<  SKIP THIS POST IF YOU CARE>

i got a text from someone telling me who killed the Goffrey.    I was talking about it at work and was told by a customer that what I was told in that text was wrong.     As near as I could get out of the conversation is his poisoning was totally an accident.

• Moderators
[quote name="Mike.357" post="1139276" timestamp="1397618593"]PLOT SPOILER MAYBE< SKIP THIS POST IF YOU CARE> i got a text from someone telling me who killed the Goffrey. I was talking about it at work and was told by a customer that what I was told in that text was wrong. As near as I could get out of the conversation is his poisoning was totally an accident.[/quote] You were told wrong twice.
[quote name="npgunner" post="1139307" timestamp="1397623331"]I still wanna know who lets birds fly around in their pie. Or did I not understand and there was the bird area separated from the pie?[/quote] Lol - i thought the same thing. "Don't eat the white icing!"

Apparently it's quite a popular pastime for kings.

Sing a song of sixpence,
    A pocket full of rye.
    Four and twenty blackbirds,
    Baked in a pie.

When the pie was opened,
    The birds began to sing;
    Wasn't that a dainty dish,
    To set before the king?

The king was in his counting house,
    Counting out his money;
    The queen was in the parlour,
    Eating bread and honey.

The maid was in the garden,
    Hanging out the clothes,
    When down came a blackbird
    And pecked off her nose.

There was such a commotion,
    that little Jenny wren
    Flew down into the garden,
    and put it back again

Edited by tnguy
Guest Bolt_Overide

WARNING SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Highlight from here

Lady Olenna Tyrell & Littlefinger

To here to see the answer

I have a couple of out-there ideas but I'd just be guessing. May just have to plow into the books.

Though I guess it's a possibility they will go for a fairly quick reveal. That seems to be the trend these days.

Its really frustrating talking to the TV people who are so far behind.   If you want to know what happens, you can read it and get way, way ahead of the show, but I think he stopped writing to play with the TV series ... been stuck with nothing new for a while now.  Ive been waiting for a new book for at least a year?

• Like 2

Its really frustrating talking to the TV people who are so far behind.   If you want to know what happens, you can read it and get way, way ahead of the show, but I think he stopped writing to play with the TV series ... been stuck with nothing new for a while now.  Ive been waiting for a new book for at least a year?

The Winds of Winter is supposedly due in 2015. But George doesn't like to talk about how the books are coming. He drops tidbits here and there however. I read that his publishers told him he needs to lay off the side projects though... he has a TON.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/ - occasionally he'll post some news here, among his other projects. In the meantime, you can read "A Tale of Dunk and Egg", very good books set 100 years before ASOIAF. There's also two chapters published online and If you download the "Wiki of Ice and Fire" app for mobile, you can get another chapter from The Winds of Winter which i'm sure you'll be happy to see. I won't say who's POV it is just because some may say "Well that tells me nothing bad happens to X".

My biggest worry is Roy Dotrice. He played the pyromancer "We do not deal in pig sh*t" on the show. He's also the narrator for the audio books. He's fantastic, but he's also 90 years old. Yes, 90. They already had a different guy read book 4 and people went berserk, so Random House audio brought him in to reread book 4. It just wouldn't be the same without him.

I still wanna know who lets birds fly around in their pie. Or did I not understand and there was the bird area separated from the pie?

You do realize this genre is called "fantasy" for a reason, right?

I was wondering about the zoom-in and I figured it was probably just showing some dead doves from where he hit it with the sword. I started trying to find more info but someone started pestering me but since they give me money for that, I had to divert my attention...

My wild-ass-guess is Shae.

Damn good guess as far as I'm concerned. And my wife thinks that's a possibility as well. She definitely has a little motive.

I'm not really happy with my rationale there though. Tyrion refilled Joffrey's cup from the wine that was in front of Sansa (who Shae might have wanted to get rid of due to Tyrion's outburst earlier in the episode) but it seems too indiscriminate. However, I've learned not to apply logic to carefully to TV.