Any other Game of Thrones fans? ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Well...that certainly was an interesting start for the season.

I'm liking the Hound more and more. And John Snow less and less.

Snow is a great character. I'm glad events lead to other events around him.

Figure its best to be as cryptic as possible, I don't even know where the shows at, don't want to spoil the fun. ;)

The hound has an apt name, he's like a kicked dog who just wanted to do well.
  • Like 1
Just can't seem to like Snow. Just me I guess.

And Jamie Lannister...very much an enigma. Were it not for the incest angle, he would be a favorite. But hey, it's only s story. I guess I can forgive that little foible of his and watch the plot twist his relationship around.

And a neat scene with the Kalesse and the dragons. A bit of trouble rearing it's little dragon head with the children? Edited by hipower

Daenerys is the product of years and years of inbreeding. Her family married brothers to sisters to keep them pure.

Arya & Jon and Tyrion & Jaime.

Book theory below.

I think that Jon is not a Bastard. I think Jon is really Ned's nephew. I think that Ned's sister willingly went with Rhaegar Targaryen and married him, despite him already being married. I think that when Ned and the others got to the tower in the mountains where his sister was being guarded by Kingsguard it was because his sister had had a baby. I can think of no other reason that the Kingsguard would be there. Their mission is to protect the King and his family. Ned's sister was not royal. I think that Ned claimed the baby as his own to shield Robert from the pain and to keep him from killing the "Targaryen" baby. We may never know since Ned died. Only one other person returned from the tower. That is the Reed children's father, Howland Reed, The Lord of the Crannogmen.

Ned rode south to the Stormlands to life the siege of Storm's End. The Lords Tyrell and Redwyne bended the knee, and swore fealty to Robert. He then rode to Tower of Joy in the mountains of Dorne with six companions (Martyn CasselTheo WullEthan GloverMark RyswellHowland ReedWillam Dustin), and found the three remaining loyalist members of the Kingsguard - Ser Arthur Dayne, Ser Oswell Whent, and Ser Gerold Hightower - guarding it. Only Ned and his bannerman Howland Reed survived the ensuing battle. Ned found Lyanna inside the tower in a "bed of blood", dying. When Eddard recalls the conflict in a dream, there is an additional detail. While the combatants clash, Lyanna screams. The dream then switches to a storm of blue rose petals, blowing across a blood-streaked sky. It is uncertain if these details are accurate memories.

Lyanna died in a room that smelled of "blood and roses". A fever had taken her strength. Her voice had been faint as a whisper. There was fear in her eyes, while she called for "Ned" to promise her something. When her brother gave his word, the fear left her. She smiled, and her fingers clutched his own in a tight grip. They were still holding each other as she "gave up her hold on life". Rose petals slipped from her palm, dead and black. Later, Howland Reed found Eddard still holding the corpse. Howland managed to separate the hands of the living man and the dying girl, though Eddard had no recollection of what happened after Lyanna died. Shortly before her death, Lyanna extracted a promise from Ned. Neither the content of the promise nor the cause of her death are currently known. Her final words were a phrase that would haunt her brother for the rest of his life:

“ Promise me, Ned. ” Lyanna was only "sixteen" years-old at the time of her death. Her tomb lies in the crypts of Winterfell, beside that of Rickard Stark. At the other side of Rickard's tomb stands the tomb of Brandon Stark. The three tombs stand together. A statue of Lyanna has been carved in the stone of her tomb, though Robert Baratheon claimed that the stonemason failed to capture her beauty.
Eddard claims that Lyanna herself asked him to return her to Winterfell. He reports bringing flowers to her tomb whenever he can, as his sister was fond of flowers.[7] Bran Stark notes that only the kings and lords of Winterfell are supposed to have statues in their likeness, not their family members. But Eddard wished to honor his beloved siblings. Barbrey Ryswell informs Theon that the tomb is not a cenotaph (empty tomb). Eddard actually transported the bones of Lyanna all the way from Dorne.
Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1
Book theory below.

I think that Jon is not a Bastard. I think Jon is really Ned's nephew. I think that Ned's sister willingly went with Rhaegar Targaryen and married him, despite him already being married. I think that when Ned and the others got to the tower in the mountains where his sister was being guarded by Kingsguard it was because his sister had had a baby. I can think of no other reason that the Kingsguard would be there. Their mission is to protect the King and his family. Ned's sister was not royal. I think that Ned claimed the baby as his own to shield Robert from the pain and to keep him from killing the "Targaryen" baby. We may never know since Ned died. Only one other person returned from the tower. That is the Reed children's father, Howland Reed, The Crannogman.

That's a damned fine and interesting theroy, Daniel.  If George R.R. Martin ever get's around to finishing the last two books we will find out if it's correct or not.

Edited by btq96r
Interesting comments, Daniel. I'll have to read and re-read again. This is such and involved saga with the hundreds of characters and plot lines that I find it difficult to remember it all.

But could well be. Martin is a crafty old sob in his writings.

That's a damned fine and interesting theroy, Daniel.  If George R.R. Martin ever get's around to finishing the last two books we will find out if it's correct or not.

I don't recall where I first came across it but there are many threads on fan sites about it. Apparently George RR has stated that we will find out who his parents are.

http://towerofthehand.com/essays/chrisholden/jon_snows_parents.html

That page discusses it. It will look blank at first. You have to select how far you have read in the series. You click the button in the brown box up to and then select your book from the drop down.

Edited by Daniel

Just can't seem to like Snow. 

The show just doesn't portray him like the books.. in fact, they don't really spend much time with him at all. Sure, they've got lots of characters to cover in 1 hour a week... but he's a HUGE player in the series. In the books, his chapters are always one of the best.

They are Thenns. It's a wilding tribe. Not depicted the same as in the books.

I have to imagine the one talking is supposed to be the Styr

***edit*** I imagine IMDB holds that answer, but i'll just watch and see if they name him

Edited by NoBanStan

Well!

Didn't see that coming. At least not tonight anyway. I'd seen hints, and sorta suspected the lad wasn't long for the throne, but this was a bit of a surprise.

My wife however, was almost cheering.  Just said ..."it's about time."  I didn't like him anyway.

And if those reading this don't know...I'm not telling!

Given Peter Dinklage's (Tyrion) age and talent, I was surprised I haven't seen him in anything before. Looks like he's done a lot of stuff but it's all been things I've not seen. He's definitely my favourite character.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0227759/

There was no casting call for his role. He was the only one they wanted for the role......and he plays it superbly!

did not see that coming.  So who did it?

Not sure but would not surprise me if it was Cersei.

I was pissed last night.  I felt cheated.  Poison was much to easy way for him to die.  He really needed to be beaten and tortured before he was killed.

• Like 2