Auto Knives in the $100 neighborhood

If I am not able to afford the TGO knife Willis is working on I'll be looking at this,  http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/sogspecialtyse-61speceliteiiautomatic-40satinfinishclippointplainedgeblade.aspx

but it will not be my EDC. That title goes to Onterio RAT model ones, I'm on my second. The third is on a shelf waiting for it's turn to be abused. Broke the blade on my first pry barrin it. 

My first auto will be my dress knife like my SOG Ageis is now. A Sunday go to meetin knife that you can get you shave with before you go.

Joe W.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I know many of you can justify a $200+ knife; I just can’t for an EDC.

So now that we will be able to have them in July; post what you have found.

For under $100 this M&P 1600 looks interesting. It appears to be made by Taylor Brands.

http://www.bladeops.com/Smith-Wesson-M-P-Automatic-Knife-BeadBlast-Plai-p/swmp1600.htm

You may have picked a winner. S30V blade steel is good stuff. Of course, there's more to an auto than that. 

After watching the video, I wouldn't be afraid to buy that one at all.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

I like my Boker Kalishnikov pretty good for the price. My only complaint is the button is exceedingly harder to press than the need for safety dictates. It's so cheap that I tend to overlook it.

I love that M&P the OP linked. It's hard enough to find a knife < $100 with an S30V steel blade, let alone an auto.

The Benchmade linked above probably has the best action for the price. If it had AUS-8 steel or better, I'd jump all over it.

• 1 month later...