Open carry advocates prompt Chipotle posting

Now Chipotle says guns not allowed. I always liked Chipotle, but now, I will satisfy my burrito cravings elsewhere. Michael Noirot Clarksville, Tennessee Life member National Rifle Association Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes me wonder which side of the issue the "gun owners" were really supporting.   It doesn't take a genius to know that carrying any long gun into a restaurant in Dallas will cause a high profile reaction, particularly if you have it well planned.   I see a lot of potential "news value" for the anti-gun folks if they staged this.  I can't see much upside for a pro-open carry event at a business that already allows firearms on the property.

• Like 4

And let's also note that it was some guy open carrying a rifle that pushed this issue to where it is.  Just because you legally have the right to do something doesn't make it a good idea.  Stay under the radar and CC and there are usually no issues.  Come in and show our ass declaring your rights and more business will respond by declaring their right to post their business.

• Like 5

To be fair, Starbucks didn't say guns weren't allowed, they just preferred that you don't open carry.

And Starbucks employees have been instructed to ignore it if you do open carry, so it is obvious that they only made their statement to get the Brady and Moms crowd to shut their pie holes.

It was totally asinine for the guys to open carry ARs into Chipotle. I am not opposed to open carry. I can do it in TN. However, I only do it on the range. With the OC crowd trying to make a point this way, it is inevitable that more businesses will follow suit. Hopefully Chipotle will follow Starbucks' lead and not actually post signs. Michael Noirot Clarksville, Tennessee Life member National Rifle Association Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

at least now if someone asks me if I have ever been to a Chipotle I can give them a reason as to why not other than just shrugging my shoulders and say burritos aren't on my food radar.

And I am sure criminals will honor their no guns signage.

• Like 1

You know, although I don't think it is appropriate in all situations, open carry of a handgun is one thing and I can kind of see that side of the debae.  Strapping on a long gun to go eat a taco is just stupidity, no debate needed.

• Like 7

Makes me wonder which side of the issue the "gun owners" were really supporting.   It doesn't take a genius to know that carrying any long gun into a restaurant in Dallas will cause a high profile reaction, particularly if you have it well planned.   I see a lot of potential "news value" for the anti-gun folks if they staged this.  I can't see much upside for a pro-open carry event at a business that already allows firearms on the property.

I wonder the same thing when I read of incidences such as this.  Intentional or not, jackholes like this have the potential to do more damage to the actual practice of firearms carry than Bloomberg and all his ilk, combined.

Do I support a person's right to carry for self defense?  Of course.  Do I support some attention-seeking asshat's 'right' to walk around with an AR or AK strapped to him, enter a private business which has nothing to do with firearms and has previously not interfered with the ability to carry in their establishment - with the result that they end up ruining things for those of us who try to have a little common damn sense?  Not just no but hell, no.  To me, these particular attention whores are even worse than he-who-shall-not-be-named because at least his activities (the ones of which I am aware, anyhow) took place on public property and not in a private business.

Edited by JAB
[quote name="daddyo" post="1150540" timestamp="1400603112"]It remains to be seen as to whether or not they post their restaurants. Unless they do, I'll keep carrying concealed there.[/quote] Agreed. I do the same at Starbucks. I've yet to see one posted. Michael Noirot Clarksville, Tennessee Life member National Rifle Association Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Tweedledum and Tweedledee aren't really anti gun shills?

Yeah, I don't know what scares me more; the idea that anti-gunners may be using 'plants' to damage firearms rights or the idea that these dumbasses might really think they are doing something good for firearms rights.  Of course, there is a third option that is just as likely.  It is entirely possible that they and others like them are a simply a bunch of attention whores who have attached themselves to 'gun rights' like a cluster of barnacles.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 6

I am all for the right to carry as I carry (Concealed 100% of the time) and do have my opinions on open carry. There may be a time when open carry is reasonable and accepted but these humans, (using word humans out of respect) are just showing pure and simple utter ignorance. I am quite sure that they don't need to carry Black Guns into a restaurant to have a meal. A simple hand gun would have been far more appropriate for these conditions. As someone else posted it is people like this that help bring Bloomberg's case to the for front of attention...........jmho  

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I support open carry. I also support the right of private entities to set their own policies with regard to whom they will serve without any government interference. All that aside, I am having great difficulty squaring my belief in the Non-Aggression Principle (NAP) with my desire to buttstroke  these two asshats with their own rifles.

• Like 4