Lone Survivor Blu-ray DVD Release, June 3rd!

I have had this movie in my cart on Amazon since January!  The price just dropped from $24.96 to $19.96 ($17.96 for DVD only).  I just checked, Walmart still has their preorder at $22.96. 

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-Blu-ray-Digital-UltraViolet/dp/B00HEPEBWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401243750&sr=8-1&keywords=lone+survivor+blu+ray

Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lone-Survivor-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-HD-Widescreen/36139859

If you have no clue what I am talking about:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/69243-lone-survivor/

might as well buy it from best buy for the same price since amazon charges sales tax

I am just too lazy and fuel cost conscious.  When I click a mouse, and have it delivered with very little effort and at a competitive price, I soon just buy any all hard items via the internet.  For the past 2-3 years, all of my clothing, shoes, and most every other tangible item I buy, has been from the internet. 

• Administrator

My copy should be arriving from Amazon today.  It's far more convenient for me to buy from Amazon and have it delivered than it is to try and find time in my crazy-ass schedule to stop by a store and pick it up.  Plus I don't have to interact with people when I do it like this.  :D

• Like 3
[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="1155064" timestamp="1401807871"]I watched it over the weekend on Amazon. It is an amazing movie. Anyone else catch the fact Marcus was in a few scenes?[/quote] Yeah that was cool! Kind eerie that he was in the chinook

I should be getting it today of tomorrow from NetFlix. The said it would be shipped on June 3rd. I quit buying DVD's since once I ahve watched a movie it's not the same the second time I watch one. No suspense when you know the outcome...............jmho

The local Wally World didn't get any copies in. The guy who works back there was going crazy trying to find them.

Walmart Madisonville had maybe 50+ @ $24.96, fortunately I ordered Amazon!

[quote name="NoBanStan" post="1155440" timestamp="1401902762"]I enjoyed watching it in the theater. I did chuckle that they made the insurgents die to a single bullet but the Americans could take 5-6 shots before they even slowed down.[/quote] As it should be

No argument there. But somewhat lacking in realism :D

Read the book, I would have thought the same, if I had not read it!  I think the movie is about 90% accurate when compared to the book.  The number of times shots is accurate to the book, in fact I recall in the book Luttrell talks of Axelson rear skull was missing and he was still shooting!

Read the book, I would have thought the same, if I had not read it!  I think the movie is about 90% accurate when compared to the book.  The number of times shots is accurate to the book, in fact I recall in the book Luttrell talks of Axelson rear skull was missing and he was still shooting!

I'll do that. I have a book snob buddy who hated it because he said it was so far off. Usually he's pretty spot on, but you know how opinions go...

Picked up a copy this morning from Target. My wife and I watched it this evening.

I really don't have the words to comment on this story. It is amazing, awesome, and frightening all at the same time.

All I can think of is to say "Thank You" to all the men who stand in harms way for our sakes.
  • 4 months later...