MidwayUSA has done it again!

Ok, so Midway is giving away free shipping for orders over $25. I got that. 

As miserably expensive as they are I figured I'd give them one more chance and decide to buy some new scope rings. 

Sure enough the shipping is free. I ordered them on the July 8 and the site said free shipping, expect delivery on July 14.

Or...... you can spend $3 shipping and get it on July 10. I figure thats ok so I checked the box for the 10th.

Since they had free shipping I figured I'd have a look on their clearance page and see if there's anything else I need. 

I saw a fare price on some 9mm cast lead bullets so I add them to the cart. No biggie since it's covered. I also added a 

handy lens cleaner for my new NightForce scope that I'm buying the rings for.  All is good.

I go back to the cart and now find a couple of pounds of lead added now changes the shipping from free to added expense. 

I say to myself, "self, that's strange I went from $72 way up over $110 and now they want to charge me shipping that they say 

for anything over $25 is free". 

I felt like they were doing it again and planning on loosing me as a customer all over again but i figured I'd remove the bullets and 

ship it so i'd get it in a couple of days because at this point it's more trouble to get search for the same price point/free shipping although

I know it's out there but as I mentioned above, I wanted to give them one more chance.

I set my order and pay the bill and the next thing I know I get the invoice saying it'd ship and arrive at my house on July 18th.  

Old potterfield got me again! Let this be a warning there are other places you can buy the same products for the same price or less

and not have to go through this garbage with Midway.  Brownells comes to mind along with a mess of other places. 

Buy from them at your own risk of BS!

I wrote a review reference their business practices but I'm sure it will not be allowed in print even though no obscene language was used.

Edited by Lowpower
  • Like 1
Guest kingarmory

Midway did away with their dealer discount awhile ago, really put a damper on my purchases.  Order mainly from Brownells or Amazon now

I must be pretty lucky. While their shipping is high, I have never had an issue with it changing. I use them when I can use the coupons and shipping is always fast and usually to me in a few days. Sorry you have such bad luck with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it just changed again from the original delivery dat of the 18th to now the 14th. They say it shipped but UPS 

doesn't list it being picked up. 

Pity they didn't get that right either. 

I have been buying more and more from Brownells. I think I will continue to do so. I gave Midway another chance but I'm done with them.

Larry recently sent an email saying that he has heard the feedback and has now installed new systems that will make them more efficient in the warehouse so they are saving money and will be able to lower shipping costs significantly across the board. I haven't ordered from them recently but I have no beef with them. Their selection is awesome, the quality of items high, website works well, and they ship on time. They aren't always the lowest price when you factor in shipping, but I only buy things from them when it's still a good deal in the end for me, and they've never disappointed me. I think it's a little unreasonable to add heavy lead items to your cart and expect the shipping to be free, and I'd bet that the terms of their free shipping offer probably had a disclaimer about heavy items adding a surcharge, as do most retailers. Now if you were promised delivery by 7/10 and it doesn't arrive by then, I'd call and raise hell.

Personally I think they're feeling the pinch of double digit inflation. I mean come on. $5-6 dollars off already inflated prices in their clearance section means they're

only getting 150% markup iso 200%.

They are trying to go with it with the usual raising of their product prices but their shipping has always been out of sight especially when they could set up an account

with the USPS and use the flat rate shipping boxes or set up a flat rate account. The problem is they've always  seemed to feel they can grab a few more bucks with

their higher shipping fees. It works until people stop buying and start complaining. I don't believe he's listening so much to the people as he is his bottom line. 

In a time when many people are feeling the pinch of inflation, loss of jobs and all the other crap that's going on there are other places you can go with out having to 

pay the same price for shipping that you paid for a product. 

Want a comparison? Look at Dillon reloading Products. You spend a bit more for your reloader but they guarantee for life. If something wears out you call them and 

instead of putting the piece in a large box filled with air bags they stick it in a small bubble bag that probably cost them .60 cents to ship and they do it all for free for the life of the 

product. I don't need to buy a part from midway for $6 and then have to pay $6 more for a 1/4lb product. I guess I'm getting tired of shipping and handling. 

Because it raises the question...if they didn't handle it how could they sell and send it to me?  I usually don't buy when that goes out of sight because it's just a way 

to add tho their bottom line. I then buy elsewhere.

Edited by Lowpower

I personally order from Midway frequently. They have always shipped fast. Yes their shipping charges seem higher, but they usually have items in stock. I have taken advantage of some of their discounts and free shipping. They seem as reasonable on shipping cost as most others except Joe Bob Outfitters who usually ships free over $90 and is fast.

One thing I hated about Midway is I would pay for UPS and then the UPS carrier would drop it off at a local post office. I called UPS to raise hell because I would pay extra for it to got all the way UPS and they would say that Midway paid for the item to be delivered to the post office. Worst part is my post office will not release items of mine at the post office, they said it must be delivered to my address. Many times a package was delivered by UPS to my local post office Saturday morning, after the mailman was on the road, and I would have to wait until Monday to get the item.

I think where things changed was when you opted for the $3 faster shipping, rather than standard. After reading

their Shipping charges that's what I got from it, in the fine print, so to speak.

Midways' S&H is usually excesssive to me, sometimes not so much. Delivery estimates, are just that, estimates.

Sometimes they are late, sometimes earlier that predicted, especially when UPS drops it off at the local P.O.

My bottom line is, tho their S/H is pricey, the turnaround is usually fast, and prices are competetive. I'll kick

gravel & cuss, but still order if I'm in need of something quick.

One thing I hated about Midway is I would pay for UPS and then the UPS carrier would drop it off at a local post office. I called UPS to raise hell because I would pay extra for it to got all the way UPS and they would say that Midway paid for the item to be delivered to the post office. Worst part is my post office will not release items of mine at the post office, they said it must be delivered to my address. Many times a package was delivered by UPS to my local post office Saturday morning, after the mailman was on the road, and I would have to wait until Monday to get the item.

I don't like that idea either. Anything that goes thru the USPS is taking it's life in it's hands, LOL

And one more thing my local post office does is not deliver packages on Monday. So my Midway order that was delivered on Saturday will not be delivered until Tuesday. I asked them why they don't deliver packages on Monday. They said that there was such a large volume of mail to be sorted and delivered on Monday that the packages would slow things down.

I think where things changed was when you opted for the $3 faster shipping, rather than standard. After reading

their Shipping charges that's what I got from it, in the fine print, so to speak.

Midways' S&H is usually excesssive to me, sometimes not so much. Delivery estimates, are just that, estimates.

Sometimes they are late, sometimes earlier that predicted, especially when UPS drops it off at the local P.O.

My bottom line is, tho their S/H is pricey, the turnaround is usually fast, and prices are competetive. I'll kick

gravel & cuss, but still order if I'm in need of something quick.

No offense Grunt but don't you think that their listing the different delivery dates based on how much

you pay for shipping would be need to be an accurate representation of just what it is your paying for?

That would seem to me to be misleading the customer into thinking he's getting more because he paid 

more when in actuality he gets nothing more.

And IMHO potterfield doesn't really care a damn which makes me want to join other forums and get the word 

out about about it since it sure seems like I'm not the only one disgruntled by their policies. If they want to up front with their 

customers then do away with the fine print and state exactly what it is they will do.

Edited by Lowpower

No offense Grunt but don't you think that their listing the different delivery dates based on how much

you pay for shipping would be need to be an accurate representation of just what it is your paying for?

That would seem to me to be misleading the customer into thinking he's getting more because he paid 

more when in actuality he gets nothing more.

And IMHO potterfield doesn't really care a damn which makes me want to join other forums and get the word 

out about about it since it sure seems like I'm not the only one disgruntled by their policies. If they want to up front with their 

customers then do away with the fine print and state exactly what it is they will do.

No offense taken. I agree it should be plainer than it is. Any changes in S/H price or delivery dates should be listed

when you review the order . Then if it's not up to par, cancel.

It's a rat race & the rats are winning. Midway is among many that are making their money off S/H fees.

I shop around for the bottom line. The cheapest catalog price is not always the cheapest price delivered to your door.

Anyway, good luck with your venture.

And one more thing my local post office does is not deliver packages on Monday. So my Midway order that was delivered on Saturday will not be delivered until Tuesday. I asked them why they don't deliver packages on Monday. They said that there was such a large volume of mail to be sorted and delivered on Monday that the packages would slow things down.

You might get some corrective action on that:

http://faq.usps.com/adaptivedesktop/faq.jsp?ef=USPSFAQ&dest=EmailUs

I've gotten a couple of things changed about my local PO's "policy" by using that. USPS will contact the postmaster through that inquiry, have had the postmaster call me twice after doing it.

However, the FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost are what they are ... they go to USPS, which indeed will not let you pick it up at PO until a delivery attempt has been made.

- OS

I don't know whether my LPO delivers pkgs. on Mondays or not. Never thought about it.

They do, however, close for lunch from 11am to 1 pm. Small rural PO in Castalian Springs, housed in a moblie

home after a tornado wiped the original bldg. from the face of the earth a few yrs ago.