Prayers and wisdom needed

Had to do a fast trip and the person I trusted to take care of my dogs let one get loose. She's a 12 lb brown chihuahua that has never taken off before and she's been missing for 8 hrs, I had em put water and food by the door she uses till I get home.
She's never taken off before, no noise no scary stuff she got out and ran. Any advice and prayers for a fast recovery of her are appreciated. Lil dog has helped raised the kids guarding them and playing with them her whole life and needless to say I'm pissed and fng hurt at the same time, so if any of y'all have any ideas on getting her back,I'm open until I get on my flight home tonight. Will check posts when I hit bna
Thanks!!!
y3ezany4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I hope she isn't too far from the house and that she finds her way home tonight.  If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.  If it is coming to look around the neighborhood, I would be glad to.  

• Like 1
My dog got loose once after I had him 15 years. He was gone for over three days and made his way home. He was wet, dirty, and hungry BUT he found his way back. Dogs know where they belong. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee
  • Like 1
Thanks guys, delayed flight. Am finally getting on this thing in 5 mins, thanks for the wisdom, I hope she's sitting on the deck waiting on me when I hit the house here in the wee hours, if not I'll be on patrol in Antioch area. Thanks again

Yeah, dogs do know where they live and will eventually make it home unless some human snatches them up. If there is anything I can do on my end let me know. Might want to post it on social media for your area.

BTW, I would reclassify your "trusted" person to something else. I have a few names in mind but I don't want to have to warn myself.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, delayed flight. Am finally getting on this thing in 5 mins, thanks for the wisdom, I hope she's sitting on the deck waiting on me when I hit the house here in the wee hours, if not I'll be on patrol in Antioch area. Thanks again

What area (Road and nearest intersection) is your house in? I used to have a place in the area but still have lots of friends in the area and I will post the pick in your original post along with any info and far as area of town you can give me on Facebook. If you need help knocking on doors and driving around looking tomorrow i'd be happy to help, just let me know. Hopefully she's waiting on you when you get home! 

• Like 1
[quote name="TripleDigitRide" post="1168030" timestamp="1405217661"]Damn! I would be a wreck. Scour the neighborhood, post signs, put an ad in the Lost & Found section of Craigslist, check with local pounds/animal shelters.[/quote] Read through the lost and found posts on craigslist too. We lost ours Easter Sunday when one of our guests left the back door open when he went out to smoke. Talk about P.O.! within an hour somebody had posted an ad on craigslist that they had found him. They had also gone to the emergency vet clinic which is the other place you should try. I hope you find her soon. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Also, what is her name?

Ginger
And:::::
I searched for an hour after i got home null.I set up an Optex motion sensor on my deck where the side door is,thinking about what hersh said. I hadn't laid down for 15 mins and the alarm was going crazy I went outside and she came barreling up the stairs, stopped short looked at me and darted into the house. Drank a ton of water and chilled out. Imagine that ... Lil ah!t
I was lucky as hell so was she. Thanks for the support I really really appreciate it!!!!!!!

• Like 8

Glad to hear you found her. I worry anytime I can't see either of my babies. We are empty nesters so we dote on our dogs.

When Lilly was young we had someone try to dognap her. I called her back before she got to their truck. Had they left with her they would have had a very, very bad day because they were going up a dead end road when they tried. Not sure anyone could dognap Gus or would want to because is a bit intimidating now.

• Like 1

I'm really, really glad for the happy ending here!

My hound was a rescue and I'm sure he was someone's beloved pet before he came into my life as he is well trained, fixed, etc.  The rescue organization and I assumed he got away from his owners following some interesting scent (as bassets are want to do) and may have traveled so far that he didn't know how to get back home.  In any case, he is now part of my family.

He was not microchipped and if he had been he would likely have had a very different outcome (as would I)...I had him chipped within his first week in my care as was my other hound. Microchipping is not expensive; around $75 which I consider to be among my least expensive and potentially most rewarding investment.

• Like 1

Glad your dog is back home!   Years ago someone stole my bluetick hound out of my truck.  Several weeks later I got a call from a rescue group in the next county telling me they had her.  The few dollars I'd paid for a microchip was well worth it.

• Like 1

Maybe she didn't like who you put her in care of while gone and was just hiding and waiting for you to come back home before showing herself. I have heard of that happening before with other dogs. Sure glad everything turned out for you well and your best friend is back home. ................... :up: :up: :up: :up:

• Like 1

Maybe she didn't like who you put her in care of while gone and was just hiding and waiting for you to come back home before showing herself. I have heard of that happening before with other dogs. Sure glad everything turned out for you well and your best friend is back home. ................... :up: :up: :up: :up:

That's possible for sure. Am Gonna make sure a leash is used and setup a triple door setup to thwart escapes. Have to go back to work so new changes start today....
Thanks for the all of the support I appreciate it!